Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Horror Story: Coven; Premieres October 9th on FX
Topic Started: Sep 10 2013, 12:21 PM (3,100 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I think this season definitely lost a little bit as it went on.

I wish they never did the Ax man storyline or the God storyline.

I'm starting to think AHS should be an eight episode season...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

The finale was perfect in every way! SO glad we got to see Jessica Lange again before it ended! Sarah Paulson did a beautiful job.

I'm sad we have to wait till October for the new season... Coven was the best season so far!

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Jan 29 2014, 10:56 AM
I think this season definitely lost a little bit as it went on.
I don't disagree, but I think that's been true of every season so far.

Coven was fun in a campy sort of way, but I didn't think there was a great deal of 'horror' this season. Still, I liked it a lot and would probably rank it above Season 1. Asylum is still my favorite, though.

I'm really eager for details about Season 4 (scenario, cast, etc.) to be released.

King
Member Avatar

I really loved the middle of the season, especially episode #5.

OMGGGG. I hated the finale. LOL. Literally, nothing surprised me.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Wasn't suprise by who became Supreme. It made sense IMO. I literally just started watching American Horror Story Coven this Wednesday after someone recommended it to me. Loved it. I'm now catching up on the first 2 seasons.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I thought the finale was good. I was satisfied with this ending, the first time I can say this of all 3 years. (though with season 1, it was just that the finale should have ended at the 30 minute mark)

That said, nothing beats Season 1. It was just creepy and well produced. After that it's become more camp than scary, ie all of the name-guest stars and Stevie Nicks-esq cameos, "Liza Minelli' talks about her hip" in the news broadcast headline, etc. Season 1 worked because most of the cast were unknowns or people who hadn't worked in a while. The fresh blood gave it an edge.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

What a great season and now I am completely done all of the seasons...January was literally AHS discovery month in my house, it was freaking amazing.

My rank of best to worst (though when I say worst, there really is no worst when it comes to this series):
#1) AHS: Asylum
#2) AHS: Coven
#3) AHS: Murder House

am103
Member Avatar

I get sad on Wednesdays now because there is nothing for me to watch, lol.

Does anybody have any idea what next season's theme could possibly be? I know a lot of spectators online think that AHS: Carnival is a likely possibility. I read an article today that said Fiona had said "Life is a carnival" in one of the last episodes, but I don't specifically remember that particular line of dialogue. If it's true though, I'd be curious to see what that would be like.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

am103
Feb 11 2014, 08:27 PM
I get sad on Wednesdays now because there is nothing for me to watch, lol.

Does anybody have any idea what next season's theme could possibly be? I know a lot of spectators online think that AHS: Carnival is a likely possibility. I read an article today that said Fiona had said "Life is a carnival" in one of the last episodes, but I don't specifically remember that particular line of dialogue. If it's true though, I'd be curious to see what that would be like.
Here's the quote in question, but it was in December

"Life is a carnival, Myrtle. Some play it safe on the merry-go-round. Others go for the thrills on the roller coaster, but life isn't a carnival; it's a journey. And the thing about merry-go-rounds and roller coasters is that they're both closed circuits: both come to a stop in the same place they begin. The only thing that is different is what happens in the middle."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply