Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Casting a New Role (Abbott Family)
Topic Started: Sep 10 2013, 07:55 PM (2,981 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Y&R Casting New Role

By SOD Posted: Sep 10, 2013
Y&R will soon be expanding the Abbott family by introducing a never-before-heard-of cousin named Andrew Abbott. The show is actively searching for "a strong leading man" in his "mid to late 30s" to play the contract role of the "handsome and educated" Andrew. The character is also described as "very driven and ambitious." Yep, sounds like an Abbott to us!

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-casting-new-role-0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Friend of Jill?.I'm glad they are expandiing the family, but it sounds totally random. Couldn't they just recast Kyle?

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Here TPTB go with another newbie again. :eyeroll:

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

OMG...........another newbie :frustration:

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Ridiculous!!!

Not to mention insulting to the show's history by retconning a member of the Abbott family. If they want more Abbotts just bring back Traci fulltime, Dina Mergeron, Keemo, and make Summer an Abbott!!! And get Jack a wife, a real one who wants him, problem solved.

Ridic.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

This guy will be the secret love child of Katherine Chancellor and John Abbott! LMAO!
Just kidding, but I wouldn't put it past them. :facepalm:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Ughhhhhhhhh,

Drew
Member Avatar

And Andrew and his Mother/Father have been where all this time exactly?!

Stupid. Get a strong Asian male to play Keemo. Give him a middle name that everyone calls him by to fix the issue of his surfer sounding name.

Or give Jack something to do.
Edited by Drew, Sep 12 2013, 08:55 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

He does have something to do. He's working with Snape to beat Valdemort.
How many hoarcrux are left before the Dark Lord falls?

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Maybe this Ian guy from the cult that got Nikki pregnant was really John Abbott's brother, albeit, the black sheep of the family and the nuns that took the baby while Nikki was passed out took the baby back to him and this never-before-heard-of-cousin Andrew will be Nikki's secret son. This will throw a wrench in Nikki and Victor's marriage not only because she kept this secret, but it turns out that her son is an Abbott. He comes to GC and takes both Victor and Jack down and starts the Abbott/Newman war all over again only this time it will be with Adam.......huh, huh, huh?? :lol:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Sep 13 2013, 08:34 AM
Maybe this Ian guy from the cult that got Nikki pregnant was really John Abbott's brother, albeit, the black sheep of the family and the nuns that took the baby while Nikki was passed out took the baby back to him and this never-before-heard-of-cousin Andrew will be Nikki's secret son. This will throw a wrench in Nikki and Victor's marriage not only because she kept this secret, but it turns out that her son is an Abbott. He comes to GC and takes both Victor and Jack down and starts the Abbott/Newman war all over again only this time it will be with Adam.......huh, huh, huh?? :lol:
OMG! Whatever you were smoking when you dreamed that one up, I want some! :cheer: :laugh:

Diamonde
Member Avatar

Can't say I'm surprised. Just like I couldn't the last time.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I like how you think SnowAngel

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

I hope it's Keemo ready to take his place at Jabot
Edited by ideal_rain, Sep 14 2013, 12:39 AM.

cvable

Yoryla
Sep 11 2013, 02:46 PM
Ridiculous!!!

Not to mention insulting to the show's history by retconning a member of the Abbott family. If they want more Abbotts just bring back Traci fulltime, Dina Mergeron, Keemo, and make Summer an Abbott!!! And get Jack a wife, a real one who wants him, problem solved.

Ridic.
YES! Why bring in all these newbies NO ONE cares about to these shows when there are characters who are family members not even used. Get Ashley back full time! Summer should be an Abbott! Why does Jack ALWAYS get the shaft and the character of Victor always comes out on top. Even if Jack gets a win...it doesn't last. The writers always favor the character of Victor. Where is Keemo? Replace Phyliss ...they need her where she is Michelle Stafford or not..characters can always be replaced. It won't be the same, but at least the character would be contributing. They need Phyliss in this stupid Summer story. Why have they totally bombed the Sharon Character? They have screwed her up so much, I don't think we will ever have a fix for her. What a waste! The writers have screwed this show up so much it is not worth watching. Get an Abby that contributes to the show. Who is this new Abby and who cares? Jack always loses the woman. His heart is much better than Victor's....so why does he always get screwed? Sorry, I am just so over stupidity and the destruction of characters. Why have a joke of a marriage with Paul and Christine who is never there? Nina is more interesting than Christine! Now they have given Kay's grandson she barely knew 2 billion dollars! That is crazy! It looks like Dylan will be Nickie's son. That story was pulled out of thin air. :shrug: If they don't want the person who played Dru back, hire someone else and let finding out she is Dru play out so we can accept another person in that role....rather than pull this current story with Neil out of thin air. That is not creative writing.

GETS SOME WRITERS WHO KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS SHOW AND DEVELOP STORIES BASED ON THE HISTORY. Then slip in something new once in awhile and let it play out so watchers get invested.

Sorry...I guess my venting took over. Writers are doing this will all the soaps...forgetting history and not bringing in people who already have a place in the show.
Edited by cvable, Sep 14 2013, 07:57 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

a friend of mine just told me that John Abbott had a brother, Ivan, he was only mentioned, never seen, maybe the black sheep, who knows?
His son would be a cousin, and maybe this will be a chance for Jerry Douglas to come back as his brother.
Okay, I found this........."John Abbott was the son of Robert Abbott. He had one brother named Ivan."
That doesn't really make it clear if Ivan was John's brother or Robert's brother.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I went exploring and I found...

Parents Robert Abbott

Siblings Ivan Abbott

Spouses
Dina Mergeron (1950-1963)
Jill Abbott Fenmore (1982-1986, 1993- 1996)
Jessica Blair (1988-1989)
Gloria Abbott Bardwell (2004-2006)

Romances

Katherine Chancellor
Ellen Winters
Joanna Manning
Leanna Love
Mamie Johnson
Gina Roma

Children

Jack Abbott
Traci Abbott Connolly
Billy Abbott
Ashley Abbott (adoptive)

Grandchildren

Keemo Volien Abbott
Kyle Abbott
Colleen Carlton
Abby Carlton Newman
Delia Abbott
Johnny Abbott

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

John had a romance with Leanna Love? When did that happen?
I don't remember anything but a kiss between him and mamie.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Ivan could be Ian from the cult and this Abbott cousin could be Nikki's son, just like I said a few days ago. If this really turns out to be the s/l - I'm going to ask to be part of the writing team :roflol: The only thing I don't like about this being the s/l is you know Victor will be an old bear to Nikki. He'll never forgive her for keeping a secret all these years and having an Abbott baby and I can't stand to see them break those two up again!!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Sep 17 2013, 09:17 AM
Ivan could be Ian from the cult and this Abbott cousin could be Nikki's son, just like I said a few days ago. If this really turns out to be the s/l - I'm going to ask to be part of the writing team :roflol: The only thing I don't like about this being the s/l is you know Victor will be an old bear to Nikki. He'll never forgive her for keeping a secret all these years and having an Abbott baby and I can't stand to see them break those two up again!!
she can claim amnesia, why not, works for everyone else. lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply