Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
B&B: Casting News (Karen Spencer)
Topic Started: Sep 10 2013, 08:00 PM (1,219 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

B&B Casting News

By SOD Posted: Sep 10, 2013

B&B has released a casting notice for Karen Spencer as a recurring/possible contract role. The part is currently played by Joanna Johnson, who also serves as executive producer on the ABC Family hit THE FOSTERS. In other casting news, the call for Alexandra Forrester has been revised. The show is now seeking a 17 to 19-year old to fill the contract role.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/bb-casting-news-1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, why on earth would they put a contract to Karen? They are never going to use her as a gay woman in a frontburner storyline. Unless they are now planning on making her a bisexual and pairing her with Thorne. Which is awful and insulting.

Please, don't entertain these silly ideas, just stick with Joanna Johnson who is pure gold, and have her come for visits.

:Rolls eyes!!!:
Edited by Yoryla, Sep 11 2013, 02:49 PM.

OliveAnn

My guess is that Joanna Johnson is super busy with The Fosters and whatever else she's working on that she simply can't fit B&B into her schedule anymore. Although, I do wonder if this might be a network-related issue, i.e. that ABC Family won't let her "cross-polinate" to CBS anymore.

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Yoryla
Sep 11 2013, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry, why on earth would they put a contract to Karen? They are never going to use her as a gay woman in a frontburner storyline. Unless they are now planning on making her a bisexual and pairing her with Thorne. Which is awful and insulting.

Please, don't entertain these silly ideas, just stick with Joanna Johnson who is pure gold, and have her come for visits.

:Rolls eyes!!!:
I think Karen being bi-sexual would be interesting.

Jair

And I think she is, in the 90's she had love stories whit men on our screen nad she never have been unsure about that
I'm gay but I've found insulting that they have made her gay with her past, it make seem being gay it's a choice, just a moment in our lives
It was better if they'd have used one of the kids out of canvas for a gay storyline

By the way it's possible that they are searching an actress for an other role and they are using Karen Spencer name to hiding their real intentions

molsongrrrl

I don't see why Karen dating men in the past makes it seem like being gay is a choice. Perhaps after she got into a relationship with Dani she realized (or admitted to herself) why things with those guys didn't work out. I mean, sure technically, she probably is bi-sexual, but people label themselves whatever they feel most comfortable with. I'm sure Sara Gilbert calls herself a lesbian and we all know she dated that actor from 'The Big Bang Theory.' I'd guess there are a lot of lesbians out there who dated guys in their youth and wouldn't call themselves bi-sexual now.

As for the recast, perhaps Joanna Johnson told Bell to do it because she will be so busy with her show. Maybe Bell had a story in mind for Karen and Dani and JJ told him she wasn't available. I like JJ, but I don't mind having a recast.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply