Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The New Will: Guy Wilson
Topic Started: Sep 11 2013, 08:18 PM (23,910 Views)
Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 16 2013, 09:39 PM
It blows my mind that this is such a big deal. Will isn't even a main character.
I agree. Bigger recasts have happened and the world didn't explode. Heck, we're going on our 6th Will (7th if you count the other dead eyed twin). Chandler was the best Will thus far but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it has become. This is coming from someone who was relatively upset about Chandler's leaving.

Graceland

Do you honestly believe the show could survive on Jennifer and Daniel, and Sami and EJ?

That's kind of a big jump from "This Will recast isn't a big deal" to "Can this show survive on two sucky couples?" Sadly, Dannifer and EJ are the main players but they still have an awesome supporting cast with or without Chandler. It's not like he's featured all that much lately anyway.

But to answer your question, go read the Days Facebook page. I think this show could survive on Dannifer and Ejami with the loony comments I see there.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Sep 16 2013, 11:44 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I guess I missed where Chandler Massey originated the role of young adult Will.

OliveAnn

Graceland
Sep 16 2013, 11:13 PM
A character that brought home two Emmys and was recast instead of being written off due to Sony's fear that sponsors for drop the show, um, yeah, I'd say Will is an main, and extremely important character. Wilson also has a huge fan base.
Got proof for the bolded part?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

seanny
Member Avatar

Graceland
Sep 16 2013, 08:56 PM
Greg Meng: You're hired!

Huh? please. There's plenty hotter than that walking around LA (look no further than my avatar). :D
lysie
It blows my mind that this is such a big deal. Will isn't even a main character.

He and Sonny should be. At their most boring, I still find WilSon more interesting than the rest of the show. I really believe DOOL would have been cancelled already if it weren't for the gay characters. Look at how many stations have pushed the show to an undesirable channel\timeslot recently since WilSon has been backburned.

Edited by seanny, Sep 17 2013, 12:52 AM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I don't get the big deal either as find Massey highly overrated as an actor. He isn't bad but those smirks get on my last nerve.

Will&Sonny

lysie
As far as I'm concerned, he is. The amount of screen time that a character receives has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the importance of that character in my eyes.

Although I certainly believe that Will should be getting more screen time.

lysie
Member Avatar

Graceland
Sep 16 2013, 11:13 PM
A character that brought home two Emmys and was recast instead of being written off due to Sony's fear that sponsors for drop the show, um, yeah, I'd say Will is an main, and extremely important character. Wilson also has a huge fan base.

Do you honestly believe the show could survive on Jennifer and Daniel, and Sami and EJ?
Well. That's what it's surviving on right now. Will's barely on. I know he has a fanbase. So do a lot of characters and actors that have been recast who were being used a lot more prominently than Will is. I could have seen it as a bigger deal under MarDar, but Will's an afterthought for TomSell. And I don't think that's the reason they chose not to write the character off. If Chandler had been in the role for more than a few years, I could understand it, but Will has been played by three different actors in the last six years. And I didn't say he wasn't an important character. I said he's not a main character.

Then again, I think Chandler is overrated and I think WilSon is as dull as dirt. Maybe a new actor will make them more interesting to me, but I'm not counting on it.

Will&Sonny

Kirk
Sep 17 2013, 12:56 AM
[...]those smirks get on my last nerve.
I'm unabashedly biased, but I have never noticed these so-called "inappropriate smirks" of Chandler Massey's. To me, it just seems like they're the "in" thing to complain about right now, just like complaining about the pairing of Daniel and Jennifer is the "in" thing to do on this site (even on days when they aren't being shown, which makes absolutely no sense to me -- if people are that sick of them, they should be relishing the opportunity to take a break from talking about them once in a while, IMO). I can't stand Daniel and Jennifer either, but the constant complaints about them get a bit tedious and predictable after a while -- that's all that I'm saying. I don't even complain that much about James Scott's inexplicable need to blink rapidly throughout each scene or Greg Vaughan's inexplicable need to be duller than a butter knife.

On the other hand, I have noticed some awkward smiles from time to time that seem completely appropriate to Will, who has never been the most confident and self-assured character on the canvas. They are a quirky character mannerism of his that I will miss when Chandler leaves the role.

Okay, that concludes my minor soapbox moment for the night.

Sevprince
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Whether this is true or not, it shouldn't be the case.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Sevprince
Sep 17 2013, 03:41 AM
In some pictures, he kind of looks like he could be an older (much older) and more buff version of Christopher Gerse (Shaggy/Dopey Will). Maybe it's because I'm typing this at 5AM but I see it here.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I'm glad he's not blonde. I hated that Will was changed to a blonde.

Typing this I know he could very well dye his hair.
Edited by Aliaron, Sep 17 2013, 06:23 AM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

seanny
Sep 17 2013, 12:48 AM
Graceland
Sep 16 2013, 08:56 PM
Greg Meng: You're hired!

Huh? please. There's plenty hotter than that walking around LA (look no further than my avatar). :D
lysie

He and Sonny should be. At their most boring, I still find WilSon more interesting than the rest of the show. I really believe DOOL would have been cancelled already if it weren't for the gay characters. Look at how many stations have pushed the show to an undesirable channel\timeslot recently since WilSon has been backburned.

Um, do you honestly think/believe the lack of WilSon is the reasoning behind the time shifts? :facepalm:

badaddiction
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Sep 16 2013, 01:22 PM
LonePirate
Sep 16 2013, 07:15 AM
He seems to be versed in PR given all of his replies/retweets/favorites of fan messages on Twitter. Chandler very rarely did that so if Guy keeps it up, he will slowly tear down the walls of resistance some fans may have to his presence. If he starts sending pictures from the studio, he will have hit a home run.
Well, for what it's worth, Chandler also chatted with fans on Twitter a lot when he first joined. It is only later that he, for whatever reason, first deleted his Twitter account, then reactivated it, but tweeted rarely. Who knows if Guy will keep on tweeting like this. But, yeah, if he starts tweeting pictures from the set, he'll fill the place of the on-set PR, which has been void since Molly Burnett's departure.
I'm of the mind that the show "advises" the actors to join/ participate in social media to promote interest in the show. I think CM finally joined it because the show expected it of him, not because he actually wanted to. He gave it the old college try, but eventually just basically said this is not for me.

lachelle73

Spencer Hastings
Sep 17 2013, 04:48 AM
Sevprince
Sep 17 2013, 03:41 AM
In some pictures, he kind of looks like he could be an older (much older) and more buff version of Christopher Gerse (Shaggy/Dopey Will). Maybe it's because I'm typing this at 5AM but I see it here.
Sorry but I still don't see him as Will, something missing. :-/

lysie
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Sep 17 2013, 02:58 AM
Kirk
I'm unabashedly biased, but I have never noticed these so-called "inappropriate smirks" of Chandler Massey's. To me, it just seems like they're the "in" thing to complain about right now, just like complaining about the pairing of Daniel and Jennifer is the "in" thing to do on this site (even on days when they aren't being shown, which makes absolutely no sense to me -- if people are that sick of them, they should be relishing the opportunity to take a break from talking about them once in a while, IMO). I can't stand Daniel and Jennifer either, but the constant complaints about them get a bit tedious and predictable after a while -- that's all that I'm saying. I don't even complain that much about James Scott's inexplicable need to blink rapidly throughout each scene or Greg Vaughan's inexplicable need to be duller than a butter knife.

On the other hand, I have noticed some awkward smiles from time to time that seem completely appropriate to Will, who has never been the most confident and self-assured character on the canvas. They are a quirky character mannerism of his that I will miss when Chandler leaves the role.

I'm going to need someone to make you some screencaps, which shouldn't be difficult since he does it in almost every episode. As far as it being the "in" thing to complain about, no. Many of us have been complaining about it since they day he took over the role. And yes, you do complain that much about EJ. Maybe not Eric, but definitely EJ.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Sep 17 2013, 10:55 AM
Will&Sonny
Kirk

I'm going to need someone to make you some screencaps, which shouldn't be difficult since he does it in almost every episode. As far as it being the "in" thing to complain about, no. Many of us have been complaining about it since they day he took over the role. And yes, you do complain that much about EJ. Maybe not Eric, but definitely EJ.
screw the screen caps, we need a youtube video with all the grinning....

My biggest issue is that he doesn't just grin but he does it often and at the wrong times.....

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 17 2013, 11:13 AM
lysie
Sep 17 2013, 10:55 AM
Will&Sonny
Kirk

screw the screen caps, we need a youtube video with all the grinning....

My biggest issue is that he doesn't just grin but he does it often and at the wrong times.....
Yep. Wally Kurth did that a lot when he came back, too. I think he finally stopped. Probably because they gave him something to do, lol.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I remember when Chandler first came on, he had that "crazy eyes" thing going on.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Spencer Hastings
Sep 16 2013, 11:42 PM
lysie
I agree. Bigger recasts have happened and the world didn't explode. Heck, we're going on our 6th Will (7th if you count the other dead eyed twin). Chandler was the best Will thus far but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it has become. This is coming from someone who was relatively upset about Chandler's leaving.

Graceland

That's kind of a big jump from "This Will recast isn't a big deal" to "Can this show survive on two sucky couples?" Sadly, Dannifer and EJ are the main players but they still have an awesome supporting cast with or without Chandler. It's not like he's featured all that much lately anyway.

But to answer your question, go read the Days Facebook page. I think this show could survive on Dannifer and Ejami with the loony comments I see there.
:blulaugh: :blulaugh: :blulaugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply