Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The New Will: Guy Wilson
Topic Started: Sep 11 2013, 08:18 PM (22,801 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Considering how far in advance this fucking show tapes, surely they weren't expecting it to remain a secret for very long. lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 11 2013, 08:56 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Sep 11 2013, 08:55 PM
blueskies
Sep 11 2013, 08:47 PM
LonePirate
Sep 11 2013, 08:46 PM
I'm surprised they chose someone that old. He looks younger in some of his photos but he looks his age or older in others. Maybe they are going to SORAS Will?

His credits don't suggest anything that would warrant Days needing to lock him into the role immediately. I doubt that will ever be explained, though.

I'll give him a chance. If he can act and he has no reservations about displaying same sex intimacy, then he'll be fine.
yeah...i just realized there's only 9 years between him and Ali!
On Gh DZ and LC(Dante and Olivia) are only 9 years apart in RL also and she plays his mother. :blulaugh:
I don't exactly buy that either because he doesn't look THAT young & she doesn't look THAT old. lol
Everytime Ali bleaches her hair she adds 10 years. I don't have an issue with the age difference.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Guy Wilson has been cast as the new Will Horton. Look for him to debut right around the first week of January, 2014. Jen Lilley (Theresa) spilled the beans on his casting earlier today. Wilson, who turns 28 in November, was born on November 21, 1985 in San Francisco, California and was raised in Sebastopol, California. Although he began his acting career in theater, Wilson made the transition to the film industry at the age of 15. Wilson has made numerous guest stints on such shows as "Cold Case", "Castle", "NCIS", "Bones", "Major Crimes", "Hawaii Five-0" and "Breaking Bad." His daytime debut came in 2006, when he appeared as a teenage version of Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary).

In an interview from 2011 at http://suite101.com/a/getting-to-know-actor-guy-wilson-a337514, Wilson stated how he got into acting: "My mother is a musical composer and a musician, and when I was nine years old she was the musical director of a local performance of A Christmas Carol in Santa Rosa, California, which is where I grew up, about 50 miles north of San Francisco in a small town called Sebastopol. My mom asked me if I wanted to be in it, and I said sure, and so they gave me the part of Tiny Tim, which was a perfect part for me given my stature at the time. I did that, and I loved it. I sort of kept doing theater as a child, and then when I was 15, I realized and decided that I wanted to be a movie star. I wanted to be on film and television.I got an agent in San Francisco with an agency called Look Talent, and was with them for a couple of years while I was still in high school in northern California. Shortly thereafter, I got a manager in Los Angeles who worked with young talent. She was able to start getting me some auditions down here.And I didn't really have a lot of success early on, but it gave me some experience in the Los Angeles industry, and not just in San Francisco, such that by the time I graduated high school in 2004, I knew that I'd be able to come down here and have some idea of what I needed to do to have success in the film and television industry here in L.A...I never really did any theater in my high school. I studied at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco when I was 17, but I just focused more on auditioning for projects that were casting in San Francisco, like Monk, for example. A lot of Volkswagen commercials at the time were being cast in San Francisco. So there was this small niche there."

Wilson discussed his thoughts on playing a gay teen on "NCIS" in 2011 and had this to say about the episode: "Honestly, I think the first thing that comes to mind is confidence as an actor. That role on NCIS for so many reasons was the most important work I've done to date. And not just because of the size of the role or the amount of time I had on screen. But just because of the important nature of the debate. When you can do what you love in a forum that also addresses social issues, that is truly what it's all about. To have an opportunity to play I believe one of the first openly gay characters on the show, and to do it with such a strong surrounding cast, it was truly a blessing. It's not that I was nervous going into it, but I also knew that I had made it. When I was driving to set each morning, I was able to step back and recognize that I was no longer on the outside looking in. I belong here. I have what it takes to tell this kind of a story. And I can just let go and have fun doing it and just trust my instincts.The fact that it turned out so wonderful, the kind of positive reaction the episode has gotten—and I've gotten a lot of very positive feedback from people at CBS and viewers—sort of validates the belief I've had in myself, and that every actor tries to cultivate. That we as individuals belong in this town and that pursuing your dream as an actor is worthwhile." For more of the interview, please visit: http://suite101.com/a/actor-guy-wilson-recalls-his-guest-roles-on-castle-and-ncis-a337521

Posted Image
Edited by Jason47, Sep 11 2013, 09:44 PM.

Ellie

^^ Thanks Jason. He looks a lot like Chandler in that picture!

I wonder how/if Days is going to explain it on screen. They haven't with recent recasts, right? They've just made a point to call the character by his/her name on screen in the first scene, I think. I miss the 90's where they'd have a "the role of ___ is now being played by ____" graphic on the bottom of the screen.

Sevprince

Posted Image

Ireland98

Honeybees
Sep 11 2013, 09:25 PM
I'm going to miss Chandler, of course. When given the right writing, he added layer upon layer to Will.

But I will definitely give the new guy (ha) a chance to become part of Wilson (ha ha).
Yep, the writing is what I'll wait to see. When WilSon were given scenes with passion or emotion, the chemistry was clearly there, but when written as a boring duo (like everything these last few months) obviously they're going to be boring.
At least this Guy has acting experience though. Hopefully if the writing improves for WilSon, we'll get to see if there's good chem between Freddie and Guy. Until we see Guy on our screens, there's nothing to talk about though. So that's sad if he gets hate tweets before given a chance.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ellie
Sep 11 2013, 09:46 PM
^^ Thanks Jason. He looks a lot like Chandler in that picture!

I wonder how/if Days is going to explain it on screen. They haven't with recent recasts, right? They've just made a point to call the character by his/her name on screen in the first scene, I think. I miss the 90's where they'd have a "the role of ___ is now being played by ____" graphic on the bottom of the screen.
Graphic my ass! I miss the days when you'd get the full voice over "The role of Will Horton is now being played by Guy Wilson..."

Even better was the "Due to illness, the role of so-and-so is temporarily being played by so-and-so..."

michr544125

Thanks for posting the interview Jason. I love everything he said about a gay character he already played. I like already how much he seems to value playing a gay character. He sounds very much like how Freddie talks with both them playing the first openly gay characters...just on different shows.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 11 2013, 09:42 PM
Considering how far in advance this show tapes, surely they weren't expecting it to remain a secret for very long. lol
Yeah, but still, when a fan can keep quiet longer than one of the actors...

Jason47
Member Avatar

Jason47
Sep 11 2013, 09:25 PM
Oh well, there went my fun teaser I was going to post in the near future...I was going to say something along the lines of: "Hey Wilson fans, the New Guy has started taping as Will." Thanks Jen :(
And it would have been fun having you all guess, even though I gave away the name right in the first sentence!!

Hmmm...one needs to be quick in this day and age of casting scoops!!

Someone's real-life relative will be appearing in the near future...

NYBlueDevil
Member Avatar

Careful Lilley, your job might be in trouble now :$

But seriously, I can't muster up any excitement over this cause I don't give a damn about the show. I did lol at some of his pictures though :whistle: I'm going to hell

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Lol I still can't over that his name is Guy Wilson, lol

Keith
Member Avatar

If Greg Vaughan didn't get in trouble, Jen Lilley won't.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I hope Jen Lilley's annoying ass gets replaced. BYE!!

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

AllmyDaysatGh
Sep 11 2013, 10:10 PM
I hope Jen Lilley's annoying ass gets replaced. BYE!!
ICAM. Her voice annoys me the most .
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Sep 11 2013, 10:12 PM.

Ellie

Our first vine! (the cough in the background is the interviewer)

https://vine.co/v/h12u9vMxVQJ

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 11 2013, 10:04 PM
If Greg Vaughan didn't get in trouble, Jen Lilley won't.
As screwed up as things are at Days, I wouldn't be surprised if the casting team and executives failed to notify the PR department that he was hired. That place is so dysfunctional that it makes Dunder Mifflin seem like a sane and smoothly operated office.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Audio of where Jen Lilley leaks it:

https://soundcloud.com/eatdabeats/jen-lilley-reveals-will-horton

Geno Brady
Member Avatar

His last name being Wilson is quite a coincidence. ^o)

I am not sure how I feel about this, but I really liked Dylan Patton as Will and Chandler Massey warmed up to the role really quickly for me.

Also they usually just use the character's name a lot in the first few episodes when there is a recast haha... but when Tamara Braun came on as Taylor they put the caption "The role of Taylor Walker will now be played by Tamara Braun" in her first scene and that was recent.

General Hospital usually finds an odd way of doing it... like with the recent recast of Lulu they had the character trapped in a laboratory for a few weeks as her parents went to save her and when they found her she just looked different. They did not mention her looking different however.

I am betting they will state a reason for Will to be off screen or out of town for a few episodes and then when he comes back he will be the different actor.

Ian H
Member Avatar

i remember that episode of NCIS very well, this kid is talented, i think days did good here!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply