Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, Sept 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 13 2013, 01:24 AM (9,328 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Sep 14 2013, 07:25 AM
I don't have much to add, beyond still being firmly in JJ's camp despite his unraveling. Casey Moss is doing outstanding, and I hope the writers continue to at least give him a sympathetic base underneath all of his acting out. The actor who plays Rory seems to be improving with every appearance, too.

My theory is that TomSell see JJ as a cartoon villain who shall be disposed of and punished not only for his dislike of Daniel but for being Jack's son. I would not be shocked if they rewrote history to make him Daniel's son somehow if they decide they like the character.

However, I think the daily script writers still have a soft spot for Jack and have given JJ a lot of clear motive and on top of that Casey Moss has added some vulnerability and depth to his performance. I fully expect there to be days when JJ crosses serious lines and looks very bad and other days when other writers paint him as sympathetic. The writer disagreements about him will manifest in the character from day to day.
Cartoon villain is pretty much what everyone who doesn't love and adore Dannifer becomes. Unfortunately, JJ is the latest to fall victim. They could actually give him some depth and explore the effect of what Jack's death and Jennifer's ignoring him have had on him. But no, they have to make his behavior all about Daniel. He hates Daniel and that's why he's bad! :flipoff: Such BS and lazy writing. Don't ever mention Daniel being JJ's father again! Don't give Daniel-loving Gary Tomlin any more crazy ideas. :P Even though there is absolutely no way that anyone but Jack could be his dad, since they were married and actually trying to get pregnant with him. I would never put it past Tomlin to ignore/rewrite history to fit his ridiculous Daniel worshiping writing. If JJ starts walking around looking dirty and orange I guess we'll know it's coming! :drunk:
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Sep 14 2013, 05:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Sep 14 2013, 10:30 AM
camera shy
Sep 14 2013, 10:07 AM
You know I don't think I would hate Daniel as a character so much if he fixed himself up.....get a good hair cut and get rid of the scruff. Right now I find his appearance so annoying. Brady with his scruff still looks as if he took a shower before he left home......Daniel not so much. He looks like he just rolled out of bed and hit the streets without brushing his teeth or showering.
I don't think I could ever like Daniel because I find his personality too unattractive--smug, self-righteous, entitled, and sleazy isn't a good look for anyone. But I might find him infinitesimally less repulsive if he looked clean and professional. As is, he looks like he spent the night barhopping, came home and fell into bed without undressing, then got up and went to work without changing his clothes, showering, shaving, brushing his hair or even his teeth. His overall appearance makes my nose wrinkle and my skin crawl. Then he opens his mouth, says something douchey, self-serving, or hypocritical, and my revulsion is complete.
ITA This. Is. Awesome!

It's extra awesome because you worked in the words infinitesimally,barhopping and douchey all in the same post! I'd love this post for that reason alone. :applause:

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 14 2013, 11:53 AM
AFaithL
Sep 14 2013, 11:42 AM
lysie
Sep 13 2013, 07:17 PM
AFaithL
Sep 13 2013, 03:34 PM
Okay, I want Marlena and Nicole to be besties. Not enemies. So please end this plot point and move Marlena onto being the mother figure that Nicole never had. It would be great storytelling.
Dear God no. I think that would be the worst storytelling in the world, and I don't see how Marlena not being maternal to Nicole is a plot point. As a matter of fact, I'd think it was a rotten plot point if she were any other way to her. I typically am a big fan of both characters (right now I'm struggling to be a fan of anyone), and that dynamic is the last thing I ever want to see those two have. I always thought I'd hate any type of alliance between them, but I don't really mind them having a common goal if it's to help Brady/Eric, but the idea of it going much further sounds absolutely dreadful to me from both character's POV.
I guess I just hurt when Nicole hurts. She has no one to mentor her. And since Marlena is my favorite character, I want her to reach out and help her, especially when Nicole is obviously looking for approval and friendship to offset her loneliness. And Marlena is a compassionate person. She would be wary, especially after everything she did to Sami (stealing her baby twice) but she would also be grateful for the help. Especially since she knows how much Nicole cares for Brady and Eric.

Marlena is the same person who nursed Stefano Dimera back to health for crying out loud. And Nicole is no where near Stefano's league. She's just a lonely girl who needs family and friends.

I'm gonna be super pissed if, going forward, they pull out Marlena and use her as an obstacle to Eric/Nicole. I want Marlena inolved in her kids lives, but I don't want her turning into Maggie or Kate. Marlena is much, much, much better than that.
I feel badly for Nicole, too, but I think she might need to look for a mentor elsewhere.
Hmmm who should she choose. Maggie ? Kate ?

Best excuse for the return of Julie I've heard in a long time.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Nicole is supposed to be someone in her thirties, no? Maybe if she were younger they could have a mentoring person in her life, but right now I would love to see her her kick some ass on her own instead of looking to others for approval or love. If she started to be written as someone confident, a female version of a pheonix rising from the ashes, maybe then she'll get what she deserves in a partner. I want to see men look at her and say "I want to be with that woman, because she's awesome and inspiring". Nicole is pretty smart, a go getter when she wants to be. I'd like to see some of that.

am103
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 14 2013, 05:19 PM
lysie
AFaithL
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I guess I just hurt when Nicole hurts. She has no one to mentor her. And since Marlena is my favorite character, I want her to reach out and help her, especially when Nicole is obviously looking for approval and friendship to offset her loneliness. And Marlena is a compassionate person. She would be wary, especially after everything she did to Sami (stealing her baby twice) but she would also be grateful for the help. Especially since she knows how much Nicole cares for Brady and Eric.

Marlena is the same person who nursed Stefano Dimera back to health for crying out loud. And Nicole is no where near Stefano's league. She's just a lonely girl who needs family and friends.

I'm gonna be super pissed if, going forward, they pull out Marlena and use her as an obstacle to Eric/Nicole. I want Marlena inolved in her kids lives, but I don't want her turning into Maggie or Kate. Marlena is much, much, much better than that.
I feel badly for Nicole, too, but I think she might need to look for a mentor elsewhere.

I would DIE for some Julie/Nicole interaction. Sounds good to me!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I loved that Marlena was performing her clandestine operations in a day glow blazer.

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
lysie
AFaithL
lysie

I think Abe is really the best bet.

spartan
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 13 2013, 06:47 PM
I'm ready for Adrienne to go a bar to have a drink and have some handsome stranger sit down beside her and strike up a conversation and when Justin is ready to try to fix their marriage she can't stop thinking of this handsome stranger.
Jealous Justin would be incredibly sexy. Bring it on.

jam6242
Member Avatar

concerned
lysie
AFaithL
lysie

I would love that because Nicole reminds me of young Julie in a lot of ways. With both women, even when they were/are being bad there's a vulnerability and warmth underneath.

Sweet and Salty

Mar/Kri/Nic! Yea!! This is gonna be fun! :applause:

Sweet and Salty

Excellent, excellent scene between JJ and Jen Jen! Well played! Love CMo!!

Sweet and Salty

Looks like a good eppy!! Nicole steals the show as usual! :whooohooo:

Sweet and Salty

Yea Nick!! :dance:

Sweet and Salty

JJ's action=perfection! :iloveyou:

Sweet and Salty

We Ned Jack!
We need Jack!
We need Jack!

EVERYONE TOGETHER!

We need Jack!
We need Jack!............

Sweet and Salty

Hahahaha Jen falls into a cake! What's up with J/J both falling into cakes?! Now I GOTTA believe they're gonna bring back JJ's daddy! Can't be coincidental!

Sweet and Salty

NocturnalBlondie
Sep 13 2013, 11:28 AM
Oh yay. Daniel is at Jennifer's door. And she's crying in his arms about JJ being gone. Heartwarming. :sarcasm:
:shame:

Sweet and Salty

Yup. Like someone else said, it's crap on Nicole day. :puterpunch:

Sweet and Salty

Rosebud
Sep 13 2013, 12:38 PM
Loving the Marlena/Nicole scenes!

MS can't cry.

Trial is again a snooze fest.
I know! If my son just walked out the door, the way JJ did, I'd be bawling. She has a daughter, she should be able to relate!

Sweet and Salty

Yup. Poop on Nicole. :hater:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply