Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of September 2nd - 6th, 2013
Topic Started: Sep 13 2013, 05:09 AM (3,002 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Sep 13 2013, 11:30 AM
im really surprised that Days got up...cause it was Fetch week
Oh great. The last thing we need is for them to think that Fetch brings ratings. :facepalm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 16 2013, 08:06 AM
LovingDays
Oh great. The last thing we need is for them to think that Fetch brings ratings. :facepalm:
Ratings don't depend on just one couple. Never have and never will.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Sep 15 2013, 07:51 AM
LovingDays
Sep 15 2013, 12:02 AM
T-Love74
Sep 14 2013, 06:31 PM
LovingDays
Unfortunately, it's not the first time DAYS went up during a Fetch week.
thats mean people like Fetch :x
You should've known that by now. As much as the majority of this board hates them,
you're gonna have to realize that there are just as many people that like Fetch as well.
I, sometimes, read the comments on Facebook and YouTube and there are some that are just baffled by the Fetch hate. :shrug:
Yeah, reading the comments on Day's Facebook presents an entirely different picture of the Days audience than reading comments at DR. And that page has thousands of people liking posts and posting comments.

That said, I don't think Fetch brings the ratings any more than any other couple or character. It's storyline movement and drama that draws the audience and we actually had some of it the week of 9/2.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The combined gain of all 4 soaps in 18-49 (+0.7) could easily equal one other soap...perhaps some AMC/OLTL viewers have stuck around and joined some other shows.

jwsel
Member Avatar

The one thing about Days' ratings for that week that was interesting is that ratings went up on Thursday and Friday. I can't recall the last time that happened.

The big storyline on those days was JJ's arrest and confrontation with Jennifer. I have to believe that drew viewers over the world's most boring trial (even if something did happen on those days) and the regular Fetch-propping we normally get. I hope TPTB figure out that it may not be viewer interest in Fetch so much that brings in viewers, but that people feel a connection to JJ due to the long history of Jack and Jennifer and want to see more of that family dynamic to play out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply