Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Spoiler Pics 09/16/13
Topic Started: Sep 13 2013, 03:39 PM (2,408 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/photos/sneak-peek-wk-of-91613/13878/#item=298005
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

My goodness, they are going there, aren't they? Everyone from Eric to Brady to Marlena will believe that Nicole would do something like that to Eric. Soooooo NOT looking forward to that.

Sariah
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Sep 13 2013, 04:00 PM
My goodness, they are going there, aren't they? Everyone from Eric to Brady to Marlena will believe that Nicole would do something like that to Eric. Soooooo NOT looking forward to that.
And this would be a much more intense, much more dramatic story IF Eric had been showing us all along that he's desperately fighting off his attraction to Nicole. From the videos I've seen - hasn't it all been pretty one-sided as far as dreams/fantasies go on Nicole's part? It should be killing Eric to be around Nicole. He should be thinking things he doesn't want to think. It should be taking everything he has to stay away from her. There should always be this angst/desperation in all their encounters, with the sexual tension being off the scale. That way, when this stupid reveal happens, it will destroy Eric's entire world, and we will all understand why and empathize with him. And once he gets past the initial shock and anguish, he should realize what the truth actually is, and believe she could never do that to him, because he knows her and loves her (even if he won't admit it to himself). Let the rest of Salem believe it was Nicole, but Eric should be her valiant defender.

As far as the pics go - Chad looks pretty. I'm wondering if they'll seal the deal or if Cameron will mess everything up before it happens.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I don't think it's weird at all they'd think Nicole capable of this. She's tried to have people murdered, kidnapped Sami's child twice, lied about the death of her own child in order to pin charges on somebody else, blackmailed people, extorted money, etc., etc. I mean, she's not exactly a paragon of virtue. Yeah, she been trying to turn her life around for the past 9 months or so, but that doesn't earn people's trust after years of lying, scheming, etc. I like Nicole, but I get why people would think her capable of this.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I didn't want them to go that route but I agree it would have been way more powerful if they would have shown him fantasizing with her, dreaming of her, real close stares, maybe one time made him really contemplate his feelings for Nicole, and then this happened and we'd have this huge turmoil.

Keith
Member Avatar

Well, at least Chad has his shirt off.

AFaithL

Yes! A Chabby love scene before I have to say goodbye to Casey Deidrick! Sorry Cameron.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

If Eric had been fantasizing about Nicole then he wouldn't have connected his "dreams" to what happened to him in the Hotel. He would have chalked them up to his fantasies about Nicole.

Also, having Eric dream about Nicole in a sexual way or think about her constantly would be such a waste, imo. Because it would make the years he spent training to be a priest and his dedication to his faith seem flimsy and unimportant to him if he's so easily swayed/attracted by the first woman he meets up with in Salem.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Sep 13 2013, 04:39 PM
If Eric had been fantasizing about Nicole then he wouldn't have connected his "dreams" to what happened to him in the Hotel. He would have chalked them up to his fantasies about Nicole.

Also, having Eric dream about Nicole in a sexual way or think about her constantly would be such a waste, imo. Because it would make the years he spent training to be a priest and his dedication to his faith seem flimsy and unimportant to him if he's so easily swayed/attracted by the first woman he meets up with in Salem.
I guess I disagree. He could have been having fantasies and dreams about Nicole, which would make the hotel incident even more confusing for him - was it actually an encounter with Nicole, or is he imagining it because he's been imagining it so often? Which would make him confused and guilty and probably even more freaked out. It would make his situation more compelling, IMO.

And I don't think Eric fantasizing about Nicole would be a waste. It wouldn't make his commitment to being a priest flimsy or unimportant. It would show him being a real, actual man. I'd be willing to bet that even priests face temptation and entertain notions that they probably shouldn't be entertaining. I would see/believe more in his dedication to being a priest if I saw him struggling with that temptation and resisting it time and again. It would up the drama, it would up the conflict, and it would make me root for Ericole even harder. This is such a huge obstacle between them, but the show isn't playing it up the way they should be. The bigger they make this obstacle, the more Eric has to struggle to stay true to his vows, the higher the ante and eventual payoff would be. Plus, forbidden storylines are always fun. ;)

He's also not being easily swayed by some random chick he's run across. This is Nicole. He LOVED her. His relationship after her failed because he was still in love with Nicole. The last thing he said to Nicole when he left Salem was that he loved her. As far as Days is concerned, Nicole's been the only woman for Eric. She was his only real relationship on the show, was his first love, and he's been gone for 12 years with no other love interest that we're aware of. If we were talking about Gabi or Theresa or something, I'd feel totally different. It wouldn't be the same. Part of what makes a potential relationship between them believable is that shared past/history.

I just think the show has totally screwed the different potential beats in this story. As it is now, it's just one giant snoozefest.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image
Abe and Hope ask Rafe key questions about Bernardi.

Pop-up Hope AND Pop-up Abe made the sneak peak... :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i really like Ari's new hairstyle.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 13 2013, 05:45 PM
Posted Image

Gawd... Kate is still hovering over Rafe. :facepalm:

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 13 2013, 05:45 PM
Posted Image

Oh look Rafe's mom is there too making sure their questioning doesn't upset her son. Oh wait, sorry ... that's Kate.
Edited by Hamilton, Sep 13 2013, 10:20 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

the more i look at the Hope/Abe/Kate/Rafe pic, the more i'm confused - is the pic old, or did Rafe's hospital room change??
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 13 2013, 04:10 PM
I don't think it's weird at all they'd think Nicole capable of this. She's tried to have people murdered, kidnapped Sami's child twice, lied about the death of her own child in order to pin charges on somebody else, blackmailed people, extorted money, etc., etc. I mean, she's not exactly a paragon of virtue. Yeah, she been trying to turn her life around for the past 9 months or so, but that doesn't earn people's trust after years of lying, scheming, etc. I like Nicole, but I get why people would think her capable of this.
I agree. I think they'd be stupid not to think it's her. I'm not looking forward to it, but it makes sense.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

There's nothing else in town for Kate to do. I mean, it isn't like she had a company that she built from the ground-up stolen from her, and the one who stole it is now fighting another battle, and the ones who were running it into the ground are now distracted by a murder trial.

If that were the case, Kate would use the oppertunity to swoop in and get her company back.

The writers and execs are too busy being shitty to connect the dots, to fix this show so that it becomes more than a disgusting shadow of its former self, and write stories that utilizes an ensamble cast to their full potential

lysie
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Sep 13 2013, 09:54 PM
There's nothing else in town for Kate to do. I mean, it isn't like she had a company that she built from the ground-up stolen from her, and the one who stole it is now fighting another battle, and the ones who were running it into the ground are now distracted by a murder trial.

If that were the case, Kate would use the oppertunity to swoop in and get her company back.

The writers and execs are too busy being shitty to connect the dots, to fix this show so that it becomes more than a disgusting shadow of its former self, and write stories that utilizes an ensamble cast to their full potential
Kate's one of my favorites, but it's flat out ridiculous to have a character of her age on the show and not have her kids more involved on the canvas. Same with Hope. And Kayla. But I don't want to get rid of any of them, I just need them to have involved kids.

am103
Member Avatar

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with Eric thinking it's Nicole. It's angsty, and if played the right way, I think could be really good. We know the truth is going to come out soon anyway. We may as well get some good Ericole angst out of it!

Vicky4Mimi

Supergirlx2
Sep 13 2013, 09:38 PM
the more i look at the Hope/Abe/Kate/Rafe pic, the more i'm confused - is the pic old, or did Rafe's hospital room change??
Since Rafe is in his pants and t shirt, it looks like a new picture. I guess he changes rooms.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Please let Chad die while he's taking Abby's virginty....the trauma could add layers to boring Abigail.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply