Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Spoiler Pics 09/16/13
Topic Started: Sep 13 2013, 03:39 PM (2,447 Views)
NYBlueDevil
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Sep 13 2013, 11:06 PM
Please let Chad die while he's taking Abby's virginty....the trauma could add layers to boring Abigail.
My life now depends on this happening
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 13 2013, 09:39 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 13 2013, 04:10 PM
I don't think it's weird at all they'd think Nicole capable of this. She's tried to have people murdered, kidnapped Sami's child twice, lied about the death of her own child in order to pin charges on somebody else, blackmailed people, extorted money, etc., etc. I mean, she's not exactly a paragon of virtue. Yeah, she been trying to turn her life around for the past 9 months or so, but that doesn't earn people's trust after years of lying, scheming, etc. I like Nicole, but I get why people would think her capable of this.
I agree. I think they'd be stupid not to think it's her. I'm not looking forward to it, but it makes sense.
I don't have a problem with Marlena, Hope, Caroline, Kate, Sami, Lucas, Victor etc thinking she has done this.

I do have a problem with Eric thinking she has done this. For him to think she is capable of doing this to him pretty much rules out any romantic future for the two of them. Ericole game over.

And I have a huge problem with Brady thinking she has done this. She was in his bed they were making plans to go off on holidays together and get away from their problems together and for him to think she just fit this fiasco into her plans ( although given the breakneck speed she managed to get from Salem to the Capital with those papers maybe that's not outside the realms of possibility). She didn't even put an end to the holiday it was Brady after Eric was delivered to the hospital. He should know better.

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
Sep 13 2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I really don't have a problem with Eric thinking it's Nicole. It's angsty, and if played the right way, I think could be really good. We know the truth is going to come out soon anyway. We may as well get some good Ericole angst out of it!
falling in love with a guy who thinks so little of you that you are capable of drugging and raping him... Not my version of romantic angst.
I'd rather see Nicole celibate for the rest of time that lower herself yet again to be insecure enough to bed someone who thinks so little of her.

I hope Mr Right is somewhere round the Corner.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

^^^^ exactly, I have a problem with the rape accusation by Eric being used as romantic angst because it isn't. Your great love shouldn't think so very little of you, as far as I am concerned. Everyone else is more than welcome to think she did it, just not him. This is going to kill whatever potential these two had. I can't enjoy anything about this story, not a single.

am103
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 13 2013, 11:18 PM
am103
Yeah, I really don't have a problem with Eric thinking it's Nicole. It's angsty, and if played the right way, I think could be really good. We know the truth is going to come out soon anyway. We may as well get some good Ericole angst out of it!
falling in love with a guy who thinks so little of you that you are capable of drugging and raping him... Not my version of romantic angst.
I'd rather see Nicole celibate for the rest of time that lower herself yet again to be insecure enough to bed someone who thinks so little of her.

I just don't think it's unreasonable for Eric to think it was Nicole. She left him for Lucas and a paycheck worth $5 million. Not to mention all of the things Nicole is guilty of doing in the past. Just because she's been on a path to righteousness for the better part of the year doesn't mean that the whole town (including Eric) wouldn't believe that she could do something like this.

blueskies
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Sep 13 2013, 11:06 PM
Please let Chad die while he's taking Abby's virginty....the trauma could add layers to boring Abigail.
It would be like Mary and the Turk! :OhMy:

Dee-anne

am103
Sep 14 2013, 10:50 AM
concerned
Sep 13 2013, 11:18 PM
am103

I just don't think it's unreasonable for Eric to think it was Nicole. She left him for Lucas and a paycheck worth $5 million. Not to mention all of the things Nicole is guilty of doing in the past. Just because she's been on a path to righteousness for the better part of the year doesn't mean that the whole town (including Eric) wouldn't believe that she could do something like this.
If he thinks Nicole would do this to him, then he is not worthy of her. This is rape, much more serious than marrying someone for $5 million. . I could understand him drawing that conclusion if during their time together Nicole was flirting with him, and trying to get him into bed, but as it stands, he does not even know that she is in love with him. As far is he is concerned she still has feelings for Brady. She has been nothing but good and supportive towards him and has given him no cause to believe that she would stoop to such levels.

He obviously won't be seeing the face of the person that was raping him, and he is just remembering that he was having sex with someone, and on that basis alone he is going to think that Nicole is the one that did it? The fact that she is refusing to discuss with him any further what happened at the hotel, is really not a good reason to draw that conclusion either. Nicole told him what happened and more than once at the time. She was perfectly willing to discuss what was happening with Erich when he was having his flashback and he kept snapping at her, not wanting to talk. Now, he wants to discuss it and she doesn't will lead him to think she did such an awful thing to him. This is an awful story, if this is the way they are going with it, I am hoping that Nicole does not give him the time of day after that & she falls out of love with him at her usual speed.

I would just conclude that. Eric does not know her as well as he claimed, he does not love her to even harbour such a thought, he certainly does not trust her, and he would be going back on his belief that she has changed.

This would be excruciating for me to watch, not entertaining, simply because I genuinely thought they were building a real love story between Eric and Nicole. It is not Nicole that is going to look bad in this ( to the audience that is) it is Eric, because I am sure they are not going to have him investigate properly, before coming to that conclusion. It would be all contrived just like Susan managing to so easily destroy the evidence that would implicate her, in order for Nicole to end up being blamed. We not long ago watched Nicole lose her second baby, not looking forward to seeing someone who I thought had her back, think she would rape him.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

He actually does know that she's in love with him, pretty much everyone in town has told him. I don't particularly like this turn but if it leads him to the realization that he shouldn't be a priest and starts to show signs of wanting Her then that fine by me

concerned
Member Avatar

Lets just remember she didn't just take the $5 million and skip off with Lucas. There was a bit of coercion as well.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

She didn't happily take that money, choosing it over Eric.

concerned
Member Avatar

Well I guess now we know why Ari Zucker wasn't that thrilled in Atlanta (I seem to vaguely remember a Lysie comment to that effect).

Is there any hope for the future. Has anyone spoken to her more recently and got a more positive vibe?

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Chad needs to put his shirt on,he looks pale and emaciated.I guess his chivalry in not making a move on Abby while she is upset about JJ being arrested does not last long if they "make love"at the time shown in the photograph.Abby is wearing the same outfit in the photograph that she was wearing when Chad left the house after the phone call from Jennifer.If they recast Chad,I really don't see him and Abby as a rootable couple if he takes advantage of her vulnerabiility because of JJ's arrest to become her first lover.It actually makes him look like a pig.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply