Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of September 30th; *updated 9/23*
Topic Started: Sep 18 2013, 12:01 AM (41,024 Views)
DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Sep 23 2013, 07:46 PM
I hope Kayla plays a real role here. It happened to HER, and it's intensely personal despite the fact that it happened years ago. I hope she does more than just inadvertently reveal it so everyone else can react while she's exiled to some corner.
If Kayla was a contract character I would have hope that it would be a story about her experience and her story. But I just don't. I'd love to be wrong. I don't know if MBE is on Twitter or not but I haven't heard anything about her being excited about finally having some story. If this was going to be a Kayla Story, then yes that'd be great, Jack or no. I mean, ideally it should be a story involving all the principles, but one principle is better than none. But I don't believe it will be a Kayla Story. But if I'm wrong, I couldn't be happier to be wrong.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

I'm not expecting it to be a Kayla story, per se. I do hope she has a role beyond the revealer, who then essentially disappears into the woodwork so the "important players" can discuss what happened to her with Jack. I hope once JJ figures it all out, he approaches Kayla and they have a conversation.

I would also welcome an in-depth conversation between Adrienne and Kayla. If they're pulling recurring Adrienne in, and giving her a real role (and I'm fine with that, by the way), they'd better give Kayla something meaningful, too. If she's just the revealer, I'm gonna be sooo disappointed.

I waver between hope that Kayla will get something and certainty that once again, Kayla will be sidelined. Everyone ELSE can be affected by an event that happened in HER life, except her.
Edited by Kriss4, Sep 23 2013, 08:40 PM.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Sep 23 2013, 08:02 PM
I'm not expecting it to be a Kayla story, per se. I do hope she has a role beyond the revealer, who then essentially disappears into the woodwork so the "important players" can discuss what happened to her with Jack. I hope once JJ figures it all out, he approaches Kayla and they have a conversation.

I would also welcome an in-depth conversation between Adrienne and Kayla.
And I could never understand Caroline's and Bo's warmth towards Jack either (though Bo isn't around now so that's moot), you're right in seeing a lot of potential. Different viewers here have different expectations and hopes vs dreads and I think that's okay, I'm not trying to force anyone to share my pessimism. It just seemed to me like expecting meaty things for Kayla is so out of the blue, positive though it is I feel like it's too hard to believe, but then again they've been using her more with Theresa so perhaps. And it really doesn't take more than one or two episodes or so for an Emmy reel, I've learned, so there's that. I took for granted that they won't write much for Kayla when I reacted to the spoiler, I've just not seen anything ever pan out for Kayla since she came back, no exploration of her Steve issues, nothing ever coming of those Abe/Kayla rumours, etc. If she does finally get to not only get some powerful scenes but get powerful scenes that address what was missing or rushed in the original story, then yes I will consider this move worth it. I'm pessimistic but I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong if that turns out to be the case.

But I think part of me will always be sad that what the "big" story could've been will be now a "small" story within the context of another story. To me this whole issue was, in my mind, one of DAYS big trump cards they could've played for a serious, dramatic, canvas-spanning, socially relevant, actor-rewarding story, a landmark story for Days. I can get why some people are more like "A little is better than nothing" and also would think that holding out hope for such a huge story is naive, but my first reaction admittedly was that if they're doing this now, it'll never be done again in the "proper" way, and that gave me little more to hope for in terms of staying a long-time viewer of the show. But again I'm not trying to make anyone defensive for looking forward to this, I hope I never come across like someone who encourages mob mentality or anything on a message board.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Kriss4

I would also welcome an in-depth conversation between Adrienne and Kayla. If they're pulling recurring Adrienne in, and giving her a real role (and I'm fine with that, by the way), they'd better give Kayla something meaningful, too. If she's just the revealer, I'm gonna be sooo disappointed.
Ugh. I want MBE all-in for this story. This is Kayla's story (and Jack's and Steve's) and it pisses me off to no end that she's going to be relegated to a backseat performer in her own horrific trauma.

Pleasantly surprised to see Adrienne involved, but it's still not enough.

TomSell sucks beyond the telling. Here's what could be the culmination of 30 amazing years of storytelling and it's going to be slight angst for the kids with 2/3 of who should be the real players involved not even on canvas and the remaining one shoved into the role of, "Ooops, forget I said that." And if it turns into a Daniel prop-fest, I can't even.

Kriss4

somuchwhatever
Sep 23 2013, 08:41 PM
Kriss4

Ugh. I want MBE all-in for this story. This is Kayla's story (and Jack's and Steve's) and it pisses me off to no end that she's going to be relegated to a backseat performer in her own horrific trauma.

TomSell sucks beyond the telling. Here's what could be the culmination of 30 amazing years of storytelling and it's going to be slight angst for the kids with 2/3 of who should be the real players involved not even on canvas and the remaining one shoved into the role of, "Ooops, forget I said that." And if it turns into a Daniel prop-fest, I can't even.
We don't know yet. That's the thing. Will Jack be respected for the journey he took after the rape? Will Kayla play an important role in this revelation?

We wait. We hope. And we know the story may not take the direction we hope for. Sometimes this summer, the show surprised me in a good way. I think Lorraine Broderick is responsible for that. If that's true, I hope she can surprise me in a good way again.

Edited by Kriss4, Sep 23 2013, 08:52 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 23 2013, 06:22 PM
TreasureCove
Sep 23 2013, 05:19 PM
Keith
Sep 23 2013, 04:57 PM
lachelle73
Sep 23 2013, 04:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Not even that. Time was served for the crime, and the victim has no intention of pursuing recompense against the actual perpetrator, who was a minor. Couldn't EJ legally get in trouble for withholding evidence in the first place? I still don't understand how it came from EJ's knowledge to being evidence stored at the Salem PD. But regardless, a crime can only be prosecuted if a party wants to press charges. This whole thing has been so stupid.
There are cases that are dropped because the victim refuses to press charges, but there are plenty of cases where no one presses charges yet people are arrested and go to jail, because the state does it for them. Drunk driving, theft from abanded property where the owner is deceased, prostitution, drugs, murder when the victim has no family or friends to press charges, etc. g

The threat of going to jail is meant to stop crime from happening in the first place. It is a punishment meant both for the perpatrator, so they are discouraged from doing that again, and to serve as an example to socity that you can't do whatever you want, breaking the law will not be tolerated. Attempted murder is a case where the state will press charges even if the victim refuses to, because otherwise all a criminal would have to do is intimidate the victim or witness into dropping the charges, and they would be free to run through the town torching buildings, beating people, and stealing with the police helpless to stop them even with evidence against them because everyone is afraid of pressing charges.

Even if the victim forgives you and refuses to press charges, the law doesn't want you committing that crime against someone else because you got away with it the first time.
Fair, but that brings us back to Lucas' false imprisonment. He was covering for a minor, his son, not a friend and a triable (is that a word?) adult. Lucas took responsibility for what his son did and, in the eyes of the law, I'm pretty sure that would count as paying for a crime. A father's way of teaching his minor son the important of keeping your head up and not crossing your toe of the line of the law. It just comes across so false that they're so afraid of Will going to jail.

Now, there's two sides of this. During Mardar, it was just that Elvis knew all along. Tomsell have since, I believe, invented the idea that the Salem PD covered up the crime. I always bought it as Lucas acting alone, turning himself in, etc. I guess I just wish they would DO something with it, because it doesn't really know which one it is anymore, and keeping it suspended in mid-air is more an annoyance than a compelling plot contrivance.
Look I like Lucas too

But no no it would not count as paying for the crime.
It would count as taking the law into your own hands. Perjury. Obstruction of justice etc etc. to think that you ate above the laws and can manipulate them like that is s bad precedent to be set.

I like lucas and want him to be around but what he did is worthy of more jail time

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sariah
Sep 23 2013, 12:25 PM
IHeartSoaps
Sep 23 2013, 11:17 AM
Sariah
Sep 23 2013, 11:11 AM
S loves EJ
Sep 23 2013, 10:35 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepOh and nobody touches EJ´s penis.
Except for Sami. And Kate. And Nicole. And Sami again. And Nicole again. And then Sami again. ;)

There is a Taylor in there somewhere :lol:
I think I've blocked that out entirely. That must be why I forgot to add her to the list. ;)

That's because it never happened.

Denial aint just a river in Egypt.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Kriss4
Sep 23 2013, 08:48 PM
somuchwhatever
Kriss4

We don't know yet. That's the thing. Will Jack be respected for the journey he took after the rape? Will Kayla play an important role in this revelation?

To me it seems like Kayla has two possible roles in this story -- propping Daniel, or propping Jack. Neither of those is preferable to the other to me, so I'm just hoping that she'll have some moment that makes the story worth revisiting.
Edited by granolagirl, Sep 23 2013, 11:35 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Sep 23 2013, 11:21 PM
Kriss4
somuchwhatever
Kriss4

To me it seems like Kayla has two possible roles in this story -- propping Daniel, or propping Jack. Neither of those is preferable to the other to me, so I'm just hoping that she'll have some moment that makes the story worth revisiting.
As I said on twitter, maybe Kayla can prop Kayla for a moment. She was raped, after all.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

spartan
Sep 23 2013, 06:44 AM
I cannot see past the Justin/Adrienne spoiler and the EJ/Sami spoilers.

Justin is gonna fight for his marriage! :chee: Woo Hoo! I cannot WAIT to see this. I was hoping to see resolution for Justin and Adrienne's issues. I want them to stay on my screen too now that Sami's trial is over.

And Sami should be blown away by what EJ did for her. This should be good. Her going all into protective mode against Stefano sounds good to me. Fight for you man, Sami! :cloud9:

It's just that, Sami fight for her man against Stefano, Stefano is a strong opponent:) and smart, dirty Sami must come forward to go after Stefano, I love this scenario because there are interesting characters we're talking about here, then it it also EJ he can get really dirty and bad when he needs to be.lol this kind of storytelling appeals to me :)

Dakotasmom

Keith
Sep 24 2013, 12:04 AM
granolagirl
Kriss4
somuchwhatever

As I said on twitter, maybe Kayla can prop Kayla for a moment. She was raped, after all.
Absolutely this! If they use this story to prop Daniel and not to explore Kayla's journey as well as Jack's gradual redemption not only are the writers fools - they are hypocrites. After all, how can Jack be wholesale condemned as evil and his redemption washed away to bathe Daniel in greatness while one of their major couples on canvas started with a rape?

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Dakotasmom
Sep 24 2013, 08:01 AM
Keith
Sep 24 2013, 12:04 AM
granolagirl
Kriss4

Absolutely this! If they use this story to prop Daniel and not to explore Kayla's journey as well as Jack's gradual redemption not only are the writers fools - they are hypocrites. After all, how can Jack be wholesale condemned as evil and his redemption washed away to bathe Daniel in greatness while one of their major couples on canvas started with a rape?
Remember this is writers who write with an agenda, so I would not be surprised if the actual purpose is to prop Daniel in the end :)

Sariah
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Sep 23 2013, 11:14 PM
Sariah
IHeartSoaps
Sariah

I think I've blocked that out entirely. That must be why I forgot to add her to the list. ;)

Yep.

Which is why Parker is Philip's son.

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Sariah
IHeartSoaps
Sariah

I'm sorry, I know this has nothing to do with spoilers, but I just wanted to remind everyone what Ken Corday said back in 2010:

"EJ is also humanized by the arrival of Nicole's younger sister, Taylor. I had to use the cliché, but it's some enchanted evening. It's the moment that happens a few times or one time in your life where you meet someone and it's, 'Oh, my God.' And that's what we're banking on here with these two. "

Muahahaha, you're welcome. :biggrin:

S loves EJ

I actually liked the first Taylor. :peek: , but I guess the chemistry between JS and NL wasn´t right since they fired her.

blueskies
Member Avatar

ArnoldFinnegan
Sep 24 2013, 08:57 AM
SoapGal1
Sariah
IHeartSoaps

I'm sorry, I know this has nothing to do with spoilers, but I just wanted to remind everyone what Ken Corday said back in 2010:

"EJ is also humanized by the arrival of Nicole's younger sister, Taylor. I had to use the cliché, but it's some enchanted evening. It's the moment that happens a few times or one time in your life where you meet someone and it's, 'Oh, my God.' And that's what we're banking on here with these two. "

:roflol: yes, "enchanted evening" or "scarf" is the perfect way to put it Ken ;)

The Taylor pairing is just another reason I can never take EJ seriously about anything.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lachelle73

S loves EJ
Sep 24 2013, 09:27 AM
I actually liked the first Taylor. :peek: , but I guess the chemistry between JS and NL wasn´t right since they fired her.

I thought JS had great chem with NL not the second one they just didn't fit but I liked him with NL.

S loves EJ

blueskies
Sep 24 2013, 10:22 AM
ArnoldFinnegan
Sep 24 2013, 08:57 AM
SoapGal1
Sariah

:roflol: yes, "enchanted evening" or "scarf" is the perfect way to put it Ken ;)

The Taylor pairing is just another reason I can never take EJ seriously about anything.

Can you take Brady seriously after Kristen. ;)

WillFan
Member Avatar

Monday September 30:

Kristen receives an unwelcome shock when she finally decides to get rid of the video of her and Eric having sex.

Tuesday October 1:

Justin tells Adrienne he wants to fight for their marriage.

Wednesday October 2:

Sami and EJ have a huge fight when she refuses to abide by Stefano’s rules.

Thursday October 3:

Abigail is horror-stricken when JJ asks what happened between Kayla and their father.

Cameron confronts Chad about an apparent discrepancy in his story.

Friday October 4:

The party turns into a nightmare as it comes to a bloody end.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/spoilers/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

The party? is this right?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply