Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of September 30th; *updated 9/23*
Topic Started: Sep 18 2013, 12:01 AM (40,064 Views)
lachelle73

badaddiction
Sep 18 2013, 10:53 AM
I'm all for the Will and Brent new dynamic playing out. Now that Will won't be consumed with insecuruties and jealousies, it's going to be interesting to see how (or if) the performers can alter the dynamic of Will and Brent's interaction to convince me there's an attraction. I would die laughing if CM imbues Will with the same mesmerized, awe struck, to the point of giddiness, performances that he gave during the best of EJill, i.e., MarDar's EJill.
What is this about, Will is attracted to Brent all of a sudden. He acts like he can't stand him. He better not hurt Sonny and Brent I was hoping he was gone. Will and Sonny have enough angst without bringing someone else in as it is. Also I thought Will was going to question Sonny about Brent and being at the club alot. Where is the Will is attracted to Brent thing coming from. As long as Will and Sonny stay together through all this nonsense it will be okay, I guess :blink:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sevprince

Did I miss a spoiler about Brent or something.

SadieEsperanto

Sevprince
Sep 18 2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah, what the hell? Where did this part of the thread even come from?

AFaithL

I bet Kristen winds up "working" in Nicole's place at the rectory for a month or so.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Sevprince
Sep 18 2013, 11:14 AM
I don't know if it was a rumor or spoiler, but I read somewhere that Will and Brent grow closer or something. Whatever it is, I hope it plays out. I find WilSon to be coma inducing, both in storyline and actors' chemistry. So at this point, I'm looking for anything that will allow me to enjoy Will again.
Edited by badaddiction, Sep 18 2013, 11:26 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

S loves EJ
Sep 18 2013, 10:08 AM
I thought Stefano´s rules would be a secret to Sami, still I love it when Ejami fight especially if it ends with some make up sex so bring it on. :cheer: :wub:
I frankly think that the fighting turning to angry sex is played out with Ejami. They truly don't have anything else they can do after fighting? Is their relationship THAT shallow?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

tomsawyer
Sep 18 2013, 10:13 AM
Kinda bummed Sami seems to find out about the Ejafano deal right away. Where's the angst in that?
You know...I'm starting to think that Sami is going to be the one that turns out to be Stefano's soldier and not EJ, lol.....

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Yes, the history of Jack raping Kayla should come to light and Jack's children should have to deal with this. On GH they have had all of Luke's children find out about his raping Laura. And yes, it would be much more dramatic with Jack alive and on canvas. HOWEVER we all know how much the current regime loves to prop Daniel so I fear that the angle of Daniel-is-so-much-better-than-Jack will have more of an emphasis than actually having JJ and Abigail finding out and dealing with the fact that their father raped their Aunt. Thus leading JJ to be more accepting of Dannifer.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

JarlenaLante
Sep 18 2013, 11:26 AM
Yes, the history of Jack raping Kayla should come to light and Jack's children should have to deal with this. On GH they have had all of Luke's children find out about his raping Laura. And yes, it would be much more dramatic with Jack alive and on canvas. HOWEVER we all know how much the current regime loves to prop Daniel so I fear that the angle of Daniel-is-so-much-better-than-Jack will have more of an emphasis than actually having JJ and Abigail finding out and dealing with the fact that their father raped their Aunt. Thus leading JJ to be more accepting of Dannifer.
The reason that Lucky and Lulu finding out about Luke raping Laura worked so well on GH is that Luke had to live with the knowledge that his children might view him with disgust and be disappointed in who their father was. If they do bring up the rape of Kayla and have JJ play off the knowledge of that without Jack present, it's like switching the paternity of Parker without Philip being around. It fails because the most important layer/beat in that story isn't played out.....it's that reaction that matters the most....

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 18 2013, 10:41 AM
Wait, are you telling me the rape of Kayla is going to come up? Or does Kayla just have a misstep and talk about Daniel?
That's what I think will be revealed. It could be told to JJ, but more than likely I think he'll overhear Kayla talking to someone . . . perhaps Jennifer?

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Sep 18 2013, 11:24 AM
S loves EJ
Sep 18 2013, 10:08 AM
I thought Stefano´s rules would be a secret to Sami, still I love it when Ejami fight especially if it ends with some make up sex so bring it on. :cheer: :wub:
I frankly think that the fighting turning to angry sex is played out with Ejami. They truly don't have anything else they can do after fighting? Is their relationship THAT shallow?

I can agree that Ejami fighting leading to sex is repeative, so I doubt they will do it again, but in case they do I don´t say no to some Ejami sex. Still I love it when they fight without sex too. I do think their relationship is more than just fights though, EJ was willing to give up his freedom for Samantha on tuesday that is hardly shallow.

Sevprince

LuvingLumi
Sep 18 2013, 11:29 AM
JarlenaLante
The reason that Lucky and Lulu finding out about Luke raping Laura worked so well on GH is that Luke had to live with the knowledge that his children might view him with disgust and be disappointed in who their father was. If they do bring up the rape of Kayla and have JJ play off the knowledge of that without Jack present, it's like switching the paternity of Parker without Philip being around. It fails because the most important layer/beat in that story isn't played out.....it's that reaction that matters the most....
Like that matters to the tptb. All that matters to them is trashing Jack and proclaiming Dan as angel to prob Dannifer. :censored:

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 18 2013, 11:29 AM
JarlenaLante
I think this will play out like you're saying, but I also think this is slightly different. People find out things about people after they die all the time. That has it's own potential for drama (though I'm sure they'll skip the most dramatic angle because they already haven't really set that up). IMO, that's different from taking a story from a character who is alive and well and just not in Salem. But again, it absolutely would be better if he were there.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

badaddiction
I'm all for the Will and Brent new dynamic playing out. Now that Will won't be consumed with insecuruties and jealousies, it's going to be interesting to see how (or if) the performers can alter the dynamic of Will and Brent's interaction to convince me there's an attraction. I would die laughing if CM imbues Will with the same mesmerized, awe struck, to the point of giddiness, performances that he gave during the best of EJill, i.e., MarDar's EJill.
Did I miss a spoiler? Will and Brent? Is this because Will and Sonny have a fight?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 18 2013, 10:49 AM
T-Love74
Sep 18 2013, 10:46 AM
Keith
Wait, are you telling me the rape of Kayla is going to come up? Or does Kayla just have a misstep and talk about Daniel?
That needs to happen
Not without Jack in Salem.
I 100% agree!!!

This needs to stay in the past....it has LONG LONG LONG been resolved between Jack and Kayla. Kayla has LONG forgiven him, Steve has forgiven him, The Brady's have forgiven him, Jennifer and The Horton's do not have issue with him and Jack has MORE than payed for that action and fully established character redemption.

I fear this is going to be used to paint Jack in a very very dark way and used as way to demean Jack in JJ's eyes and used in a way ONLY to pimp and prop Dannifer & Daniel fucking Jonas.

This is a very touchy thing for many Jack fans....I really hope this is NOT what Kayla brings up to JJ....but I just don't see what else it could be.

This is not to say that I don't think his kids should not know about this....but I just don't trust the TPTB to handle this correctly....its obvious they HATE the character of Jack and have tried to use him to prop Jennifer/Daniel...that and I will never get over how TPTB treated his last return.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 18 2013, 11:51 AM.

lachelle73

PALMommy
Sep 18 2013, 11:36 AM
badaddiction
Did I miss a spoiler? Will and Brent? Is this because Will and Sonny have a fight?
I think that was a rumor or something but another says that Will questions Sonny when he spends alot of time with Brent at the club and Will may not like Sonny's answer or something like that but I think or hope this may lead to Gabi moving out or at least I hope so. They need some privacy and why can't Will and Gabi share custody people do it all the time and yes Will wants to be there and he can still be there but they don't have to live toghether to do that.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 18 2013, 11:47 AM
LanaluvsBroe
T-Love74
Keith
That needs to happen
I 100% agree!!!

This needs to stay in the past....it has LONG LONG LONG been resolved between Jack and Kayla. Kayla has LONG forgiven him, Steve has forgiven him, The Brady's have forgiven him, Jennifer and The Horton's do not have issue with him and Jack has MORE than payed for that action and fully established character redemption.

I fear this is going to be used to paint Jack in a very very dark way and used as way to demean Jack in JJ's eyes and used in a way ONLY to pimp and prop Dannifer & Daniel fucking Jonas.

This is a very touchy thing for many Jack fans....I really hope this is NOT what Kayla brings up to JJ....but I just don't see what else it could be.
Hmmm. Isn't this what gets on our nerves about other things the show keeps in the past?

AFaithL

EJ_SamiFF
Sep 18 2013, 09:58 AM

* Cameron demands to know what Abigail’s hiding

None of your damn business, Cameron. You and Abigail are not a "couple". She doesn't owe you an explanation. She can fuck whoever she wants - in whatever manner she wants - and you don't have a right to get pissed off.

I think TPTB missed the boat with Chad and Abby. They should have done a Romeo and Juliet storyline with Jennifer trying to keep them apart. Then have Abby rebel against Jennifer.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
I agree with you but, how do they do yet another "Daniel is so much better than Jack" moment without making Jennifer look bad since she fell in love with Jack after he raped Kayla and did a few other dirty deeds? I know history is rewritten and flushed down the toilet all the time on this show, but Jen saw the good in Jack and loved him anyway even after all that happened. My hope would be that she'd tell JJ about his father's redemption ... but who am I kidding, that won't come up. You know what would be really funny is if the rape didn't come up at all and we are all jumping to the wrong conclusions based on a one-line spoiler. :P
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Sep 18 2013, 02:20 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Sep 18 2013, 11:48 AM
Mitchapalooza
Sep 18 2013, 11:47 AM
LanaluvsBroe
T-Love74

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepWait, are you telling me the rape of Kayla is going to come up?
I 100% agree!!!

Hmmm. Isn't this what gets on our nerves about other things the show keeps in the past?
I edited my last response to include that I DO feel his kids should definitely know about the rape and the dramatics of that would have been amazing with Jack still on the show....however I have ZERO faith in TPTB to execute this reveal properly....I fear this reveal will only be used as another plot point to just prop the Dannifer pairing, prop Daniel and further demean the importance of Jack as a character and Jack & Jennifer as a pair (its obvious DAYS wants us to forget just how big of a pairing they were...TomSell clearly hates DAYS supercouples)

Also, I really am worried about re-written history regarding the rape and how it was treated over the years during Jack's redemption. Is this something that Jennifer is going to reveal she still has issue with? Is the relationship between Kayla/Jack going to be changed during this convo? TPTB have had no issue in the past erasing IMPORTANT history and defining moments...so I am just very worried...Jack's memory has been demeaned enough...and as my favorite character I have MAJOR issue with that.

Since I have no faith in the writers...yes I would prefer this to not play out...not under this regime.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 18 2013, 11:59 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply