Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, Sept 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 18 2013, 12:31 AM (12,494 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

OMG, I hate Stefano. I just... I'm SO MAD! :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: I can't believe he did that to EJ. Stefano had this WHOLE THING planned out? That bastard. Oh, EJ. My heart broke for him! He gave everything and his soul to Stefano for Sami. :shame: It was so hard to watch because I'm still mad at Stefano for disowning EJ and making him feel like shit. Also, I love EJ to death and it's clear that he would do anything for Sami. However, it was so good storywise.

Speaking of Sami, I felt for her watching her father testify against her. Damn, Trask is a cold bitch. -_- Sami really needed EJ there. I'm glad he finally returned.

Cameron needs to stop acting like the virginity police. Step down bro. Then again, Chad is a douche for faking an illness to get Cameron out of the way and get a clear shot with Abby. I'm still team Chad but not by much at this point.

Loved the Jordan/Kate interaction. :blulaugh:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Sep 18 2013, 10:07 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 18 2013, 03:04 PM
Hologram
Sep 18 2013, 02:34 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 18 2013, 12:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I love James character, EJ Dimera..I always have.

But I have to be honest I liked that he separated himself from Stefano, and finally seemed to get some groove into himself with Samantha by his side. I was thinking, oh maybe this is new era of Dimera family and that he would become his own.

I get that this is is "good" soap strategics.. but somehow I expected that EJ wouldn't be so darn desperate and basically fall down at the knees of Stefano. Pun intended.

I do "enjoy" his desperation.., like I enjoyed his heartache for Samantha (well,.. some of it) but some part of me wonders .. what happened to him?

Is he not suppose to be this wizard of manipulation and grayish hunt dog. It just wall off so flat. I don't know... I just expected more of him. I guess not everyone can be a Stefano Dimera.
I get it. I mean the guy looked pathetic today. I guess I'm just not that bothered by that because I've always seen EJ as a "big hat, no cattle" type of guy. He's always been about trying to please somebody or win somebody's affection. Historically, it's been Stefano. Now, it's Sami. But regardless, I've never seen EJ as a strong guy who is secure in his own skin. He's basically an adolescent.

I realize this sounds like I don't like the character. He's actually one of my favorites because I find his constant quest and failure to stop being a co-dependent, insecure child interesting.
Exactly how I feel about him.
And there's the fact that he's SO PRETTY it HURTS.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Chad/Abby sex is SO tainted by the fact that Chad lied to Cameron about dying to get him out of the way while Abby confessed to Gabi that she always thought her first time would be with CAMERON. Chad, dude, you were the consolation prize & only because you lied to Cameron to knock him out of the way. You know this isn't going to go over well when the truth comes out (which it will just about the time Chad leaves the show to go find Melanie).

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I'm SO glad Stefano is back! I really wanted him to make EJ burn the portrait, but maybe it's better if it's somewhere in the DiMansion as a reminder. Just so we don't have to look at it anymore.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Sep 18 2013, 01:58 PM
My poor poor baby EJ :'(

he loves his Samanther so much he's willing to submit to the old man. Damn Stefano why you have to be so cruel. He had him on his knees begging :( I couldnt even watch :flipoff:
that was the best part of the whole thing, lets face it we all knew EJ had it coming... did he not expect Stefano to retaliate when he had the chance the scenes today were amazing The Phoenix is finally back where he belongs :rockon:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Sep 18 2013, 10:32 PM
OMG, I hate Stefano. I just... I'm SO MAD! :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: I can't believe he did that to EJ. Stefano had this WHOLE THING planned out? That bastard. Oh, EJ. My heart broke for him! He gave everything and his soul to Stefano for Sami. :shame: It was so hard to watch because I'm still mad at Stefano for disowning EJ and making him feel like shit. Also, I love EJ to death and it's clear that he would do anything for Sami. However, it was so good storywise.

Speaking of Sami, I felt for her watching her father testify against her. Damn, Trask is a cold bitch. -_- Sami really needed EJ there. I'm glad he finally returned.

Cameron needs to stop acting like the virginity police. Step down bro. Then again, Chad is a douche for faking an illness to get Cameron out of the way and get a clear shot with Abby. I'm still team Chad but not by much at this point.

Loved the Jordan/Kate interaction. :blulaugh:

:flipoff: Stefeno is considered as just feeling his Oats for now.
Stefeno wont be able to handle EJ when he goes in
to Soldier mode.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Sep 18 2013, 07:15 PM
The showdown between EJ & Stefano was actually really good, despite my concerns.

I thought JS played it pretty well, and although he may have been OTT at times, given the context of the scenes, I was okay with it. Even his crying was pretty good this go around.

JM reminded me of the old Stefano. Good to see Nono was no where around.

Sami actually cried pretty good today too. Hardly any scrunchy to be seen.

So Chad's a cad?? Who cares. Cameron is like a sleeping pill. I'll take schemer any day.

Rafe being the resident bump on a log fits what his character has always been. Now his body is in line with his personality.

All in all, good show today!!
Both JS and JM Stefeno played those scenes very well.
JS should submit those scenes for an Emmy.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I loved the way the Stefano/EJ scenes were written by M.Salmons and acted by JM.I liked the fact that the character EJ was pleading, crying, sniveling, and crawling on his knees to kiss Stefano's ring but not so much the execution by JS which included over emoting and too much shouting but on the whole I am satisfied with the scenes because Stefano demolished EJ.Someone noted months ago that Stefano was going to bitch slap EJ and Sami all the way to Lake Michigan.Well I am happy to see the bitch slapping has begun.I wonder if Sami is ever going to learn she owes her freedom to Stefano instead of fate or the "love of her life".
Chad is a pig who took advantage of Abby while she was upset over her fight with her brother and his leaving their home.His attitude when speaking to Cameron appeared to be one of them competing for an object and he ,Chad,was the winner,He seemed surprised that Cameron actually loves Abigail.I don't think Chad told Abby he loved her when they had sex and he sure didn't tell Cameron that he loved her too.I don't mind Casey but I don't Chad with Abby because he dumped her for Melanie and because he guilted Cameron into distancing himself from Abby.
I still like Kate and Rafe although I don't have a problem with either of them moving on to someone else.As I have said previously I completely understand why Kate might care about Rafe who has been shown to care about her as well as treating her with respect.After all the disrespectful threatening abusive behavior Stefano has directed toward Kate after she humbled herself asking for his forgiveness,
it is not likely I could ever accept her going back to him.

jwsel
Member Avatar

I like the idea of Stefano bitch-slapping EJ, but I just hate the way this whole storyline has played out. EJ takes control of DiMera Enterprises for all of two to three weeks before Sami is arrested. Then he spends virtually every waking hour talking to her through the bars of her jail cell. So he basically got control of DiMera Enterprises and kicked Stefano out of the house, but did utterly nothing with it during the time he had control. What a wasted opportunity. But then the execution of his takeover was so badly bungled, I guess the idea that the writers would think to do anything with the business side of whatever DiMera Enterprises is was just a pipe-dream. If EJ had half a brain, he would have used his time to gather whatever damning evidence he could on Stefano -- precisely so he would have leverage down the road.

I should add that TPTB had better not forget that Justin was EJ's partner in the whole takeover scheme. His involvement is what first caused his conflict with Adrienne. There had better be hell to pay if Stefano is now back in charge. Justin should be firmly in Stefano's cross-hairs, which could open the door for all sorts of DiMera/Kiriakis conflict.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Salmons just gets this show, great episode.

JM was great in all his scenes love him with Koslow. When JS does the shakes it just looks beyond fake. I do admit he was pretty good once his SR like lip quivers for hands stopped. Loved all the Dimera scenes.

I thought I would never say this but I am gonna miss Gabi and CB.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Jason47
Sep 18 2013, 06:59 PM
cord08
Sep 18 2013, 12:49 PM
I'm so glad Days has supposedly gotten rid of Cam/NO. That last scene was just not good.
Don't believe rumors until you hear them from a trusted source!!
I am happy to see your response.As far as I am concerned Nathan Owens is doing okay with the material he has been given and I hope he stays around.They need another doctor in addition to Kayla and Daniel who are related to most of the characters on the show.One of the things I like about Days is the fact that they give actors,actresses like AZ,CB,CD,NO,and CM chance to act and time to get better.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

jwsel
Sep 19 2013, 12:53 AM
I like the idea of Stefano bitch-slapping EJ, but I just hate the way this whole storyline has played out. EJ takes control of DiMera Enterprises for all of two to three weeks before Sami is arrested. Then he spends virtually every waking hour talking to her through the bars of her jail cell. So he basically got control of DiMera Enterprises and kicked Stefano out of the house, but did utterly nothing with it during the time he had control. What a wasted opportunity. But then the execution of his takeover was so badly bungled, I guess the idea that the writers would think to do anything with the business side of whatever DiMera Enterprises is was just a pipe-dream. If EJ had half a brain, he would have used his time to gather whatever damning evidence he could on Stefano -- precisely so he would have leverage down the road.

I should add that TPTB had better not forget that Justin was EJ's partner in the whole takeover scheme. His involvement is what first caused his conflict with Adrienne. There had better be hell to pay if Stefano is now back in charge. Justin should be firmly in Stefano's cross-hairs, which could open the door for all sorts of DiMera/Kiriakis conflict.
EJ does have half a brain.That's why all of his schemes blew up in his face and he was crying,crawling on his knees and kissing Stefano's ring.I don't know that Stefano would carry grudge concerning Justin,he did not seem to have any animosity toward Mr.Shin and whats his face in London although you never know with Stefano.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

EJ's stupidity had me rooting for Stefano, which was a first for me. I love that he got owned by the grand master The writing is very disappointing all round but I will take this little gem where I can get it. If I was Stefano though, I would not trust a single word out of that turncoat's mouth.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Idk, it was a meh storyline. I was rooting for Stefano & did like the scenes but I feel like there was very little buildup on Stefano's side & I care so little about EJ's side that it fell a bit flat.

And Cameron, dude, I really don't care.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 18 2013, 04:35 PM
Yoryla
Sep 18 2013, 02:14 PM
OMG, LOVED The Stefano vs. EJ scenes!!!

He really TRULY made him beg on the floor on his knees! I knew it!!! Have been waiting for this day ever since EJ smugly threw Stefano out of his house!!! And I just simply LOVE the fact that he will now force EJ, Sami and the kids to live at the house and be raised to be TRUE DiMeras without them having any say in it! Bwahaa! I also love it for the wonderful, practical reason of having and seeing EJ, Kristen, Sami and Stefano all under the same roof!

LONG LIVE STEFANO!!!
Sorry to be dismal.
But you all know this is all just going to lead to Sami taking down Stefano.
Bwahaa!

If John, Roman, Bo, Marlena, Hope, Abe, or EJ have not managed to take down Stefano, Sami sure as the heck ain't gonna be doing that.
Edited by Yoryla, Sep 19 2013, 03:57 AM.

camera shy

I almost forgot EJ crying to Stefano about his grandchildren's mother going to prison and Stefano said (with a shot of the portrait behind Stefano) "Is that the memory you want them to have of their mother? It's not very flattering". Too funny.

concerned
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Sep 19 2013, 03:47 AM
concerned
Yoryla

He really TRULY made him beg on the floor on his knees! I knew it!!! Have been waiting for this day ever since EJ smugly threw Stefano out of his house!!! And I just simply LOVE the fact that he will now force EJ, Sami and the kids to live at the house and be raised to be TRUE DiMeras without them having any say in it! Bwahaa! I also love it for the wonderful, practical reason of having and seeing EJ, Kristen, Sami and Stefano all under the same roof!

LONG LIVE STEFANO!!!
Sorry to be dismal.
Bwahaa!

If John, Roman, Bo, Marlena, Hope, Abe, or EJ have not managed to take down Stefano, Sami sure as the heck ain't gonna be doing that.
Oh she's the host of the biggest loser.... she can do anything.

I'm expecting she'll take down Stefano whilst pregnant with triplets.

concerned
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 19 2013, 05:15 AM
Yoryla
Sep 19 2013, 03:47 AM
concerned
Yoryla

LONG LIVE STEFANO!!!
Sorry to be dismal.
Bwahaa!

Oh she's the host of the biggest loser.... she can do anything. Think of the cross promotional opportunities.

I'm expecting she'll take down Stefano whilst pregnant with triplets.

Then the following book about make your pregnancy a Power Pregnancy.

S loves EJ

tomsawyer
Sep 18 2013, 03:04 PM
Hologram
Sep 18 2013, 02:34 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 18 2013, 12:26 PM
gailwinters
Sep 18 2013, 12:20 PM
I could hardly watch those last scenes.....EJ is owned by Stefano and his hatred for him just went into another dimension. JS played it so well.
I liked the way JS played it. He made EJ look a lot more pathetic than he had to, but I think that was the right thing to do. EJ has shown over and over that he's a pretty weak, insecure guy at his core. It certainly wasn't pretty, but I think it was in character.

It would be nice if this upcoming storyline is actually about EJ growing a real spine for once in his life.
I love James character, EJ Dimera..I always have.

But I have to be honest I liked that he separated himself from Stefano, and finally seemed to get some groove into himself with Samantha by his side. I was thinking, oh maybe this is new era of Dimera family and that he would become his own.

I get that this is is "good" soap strategics.. but somehow I expected that EJ wouldn't be so darn desperate and basically fall down at the knees of Stefano. Pun intended.

I do "enjoy" his desperation.., like I enjoyed his heartache for Samantha (well,.. some of it) but some part of me wonders .. what happened to him?

Is he not suppose to be this wizard of manipulation and grayish hunt dog. It just wall off so flat. I don't know... I just expected more of him. I guess not everyone can be a Stefano Dimera.
I get it. I mean the guy looked pathetic today. I guess I'm just not that bothered by that because I've always seen EJ as a "big hat, no cattle" type of guy. He's always been about trying to please somebody or win somebody's affection. Historically, it's been Stefano. Now, it's Sami. But regardless, I've never seen EJ as a strong guy who is secure in his own skin. He's basically an adolescent.

I realize this sounds like I don't like the character. He's actually one of my favorites because I find his constant quest and failure to stop being a co-dependent, insecure child interesting.

I have some mix feelings about this, when I first fell in love with EJ in the episodes from late 2006/and first half of 2007 it was as a villain, and my impression of him then was as a strong, manipulative villain that would take over the Dimera legacy from Stefano some day. So I understand those that feel that EJ being portrait as pathetic is ruining him as a villain and part of me doesn´t like that. When reading comments about EJ going down on his knees and kissing the ring Before seeing the episode myself I got worried that I would hate that, but I actually end up liking the scenes, because while part of me loves EJ as a villain the other part loves Ejami and how EJ would do anything for his Samantha. :wub: I also really liked JS acting in these scenes.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

jwsel
Sep 19 2013, 12:53 AM

This whole penis execution story was a joke to begin with. I'd love to know which idiot came up with it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply