Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman interview: Kelly Thiebaud
Topic Started: Sep 20 2013, 08:36 PM (1,143 Views)
Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
SnB Fan

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/general-hospital/the-kelly-thiebaud-interview-general-hospital/2013/09/17/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

It really is amazing how my opinion of Britt has changed since last year. I thought she was terrible, and now she's one of the characters I enjoy most.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 20 2013, 09:25 PM
It really is amazing how my opinion of Britt has changed since last year. I thought she was terrible, and now she's one of the characters I enjoy most.
Same here!

daysfan2

Nice interview, thanks :) I am enjoying the character of Britt and Kelly Thiebaud as an actress. One of my favourite scenes was when Britt threw baby doll Ariel on the grill at the BBQ. I still laugh when I think about that scene :D

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I have never for a second despised Britt. Not even a year ago when she was scaring poor little Emma while Patrick had his back turned.

NOW, 6 months from now when/if TPTB have redeemed her into the show heroine, that is when I'm gonna be off the Britt fan bandwagon.

Look at the long list of soap bad girls turned good (aka, boring) a year or two into their run. It's sad.

natdot99
Member Avatar

daysfan2
Sep 22 2013, 12:19 PM
Nice interview, thanks :) I am enjoying the character of Britt and Kelly Thiebaud as an actress. One of my favourite scenes was when Britt threw baby doll Ariel on the grill at the BBQ. I still laugh when I think about that scene :D

I loved that scene as well and it had me :roflol: with that episode. The birthing scene was funny when she threw the towel across the room.
Team Britt/Nik all the way.
I hope the writers make the baby a Cassadine. :hail:
Britt was used to prop Pat/Sab and to use her to prop Lulu/Dante is just a waste.

Mason

I'm pretty sure Britt is one of the few characters who has *not* been used to prop Patrick/Sabrina. As for Dante/Lulu, I'm not seeing that (yet), either.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Renegade_Killerbee
Sep 22 2013, 01:05 PM
NOW, 6 months from now when/if TPTB have redeemed her into the show heroine, that is when I'm gonna be off the Britt fan bandwagon.

Look at the long list of soap bad girls turned good (aka, boring) a year or two into their run. It's sad.
Agreed with this 100%

MissLola
Member Avatar

She is the only one of the newbies that I still pay any attention to. I have liked her since her two episode stint at Days as Rafe2's one night stand in 2011. I would like to see more of her and a lot less of Sabrina/Felix :bye:
Edited by MissLola, Sep 22 2013, 10:11 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 22 2013, 03:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Britt is one of the few characters who has *not* been used to prop Patrick/Sabrina. As for Dante/Lulu, I'm not seeing that (yet), either.

Britt has been used to prop Patrick/Sabrina for nearly a year. Sabrina and Felix goal was to get her out of pat/emma lives. They won and they are still harassing her. Many fans are speculating that she carried Lulu and Dante baby, so she was used to prop them.

Mason

natdot99
Sep 22 2013, 11:20 PM
Mason
Sep 22 2013, 03:44 PM

Britt has been used to prop Patrick/Sabrina for nearly a year. Sabrina and Felix goal was to get her out of pat/emma lives. They won and they are still harassing her. Many fans are speculating that she carried Lulu and Dante baby, so she was used to prop them.
That's not propping. Felix has been a prop for Sabrina/Patrick. Britt was an interloper/obstacle. Two different things.

Dee-anne

Renegade_Killerbee
Sep 22 2013, 01:05 PM
I have never for a second despised Britt. Not even a year ago when she was scaring poor little Emma while Patrick had his back turned.

I liked Britt from the start and I loved the Britt and Emma scenes. I was looking forward to more of that. They both did such a good job and I totally understood why Britt snapped at Emma. Yes, she stooped to Emma's level instead of being mature about it all, but Emma was being rude. I have never seen Britt as all out bad, they always showed another side to her, even from the beginning. So as far as I see it. They are continuing to write her In character but giving us more of her history in order for the viewers to understand her more, which I think is great. The more they reveal about her, the more I empathise and the more I want her to find true love.

Bad girls/guys have to have some redeeming quality to be liked. otherwise they are just one dimensional and end up being boring. After a while they serve no purpose. They can only disrupt people's lives for so long, before we get tired of the same thing. They have no growth and never end up being better people. There may be people that likes these one dimensional characters, but there will be far more that don't.

I like Britt because she has this good side to her. It's little things like her going hunting to find an exact replica of Emma's doll that she accidentally destroyed in the fire that makes me think she is not all bad and I like her more for it.

Now, I am looking forward so much to seeing what develops between her and Nicolas. I have been really enjoying their scenes so far.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply