Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
Topic Started: Sep 21 2013, 08:56 PM (1,495 Views)
Mason

The awards air this Sunday at 8/7c on CBS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

People are peeved that Cory Monteith will be included in a group of 5 people that will be individual salutes outside of the usual "In Memoriam" segment because two people being excluded are Larry Hagman and Jack Klugman.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/actor-deserves-individual-emmy-tribute-son-says-164440314.html

Drew
Member Avatar

And rightly so. He only earned fame for Glee, and that was only 4 years ago.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Sep 21 2013, 09:40 PM
I agree with people being angry with this decision too. One of the Emmy people's excuses is that they are trying to get a younger audience to watch. More people might watch if they cut the crap like they do with the SAG Awards which are usually done in 2 hours without running over.

Mason

Drew
Sep 21 2013, 09:40 PM
To say nothing of the fact that he could have had a career of certain television veterans' longevity had he not thrown it all away while he was still in the prime of his career. I don't mean to be insensitive, but it is incredible to me the lengths that it sounds like the academy is going to to give him a tribute while others with more lasting and distinguished careers are being shut out.

Personally, I don't buy the whole argument about the Emmys wanting to be socially responsible or whatever for a younger audience that, for the most part, probably doesn't even watch the Emmys anyway. It's just plain pandering for publicity and extra eyeballs, IMO.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I love NPH.

Larry should get a special memorial.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I hope NBC has Tina and Amy back for the 2014 Golden Globes.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

OMG The Darkhorse won! Merritt Wever :wub:

Mason

Nice! Tony Hale!

Drew
Member Avatar

Anyone watch this Veep?

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Watching via social media tonight, but have it recording an can watch clips later. Bears vs. Steelers on Sunday Night Football. Go Bears!

I just don't like the idea of individual memorial moments because whoever they chose and the reason they give, someone else will be left out. Completely agree with Mason that this is being done to get the attention. They announced this within days of Cory's death when it was all over the news and people were against it then (and that includes fans of Glee). I believe them extended these tributes to four other people is to try and make it not be about getting attention.

Mason

Drew
Sep 22 2013, 07:30 PM
Anyone watch this Veep?
I do; it's hilarious!

Mason

YAY Julia!

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

YES JULIA!!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Where did Melissa Leo think she was going in that outfit? :blink:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sophia,I can hardly understand her half the time.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Jim,yahoooo.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I just think the special tributes were a bad idea if they don't honor all of the people who have Emmys who passed away. It isn't about Cory, but how do you pick without omitting someone.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Oooohhhh Matt Damon, Michael Douglas and Elton John.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I missed the first tribute but caught the second with Rob and while it was heartfelt it was also painful to sit through and watch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply