Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Kristian Alfonso; Kate Mansi's K20 Birthday Benefit
Topic Started: Sep 22 2013, 01:47 AM (3,148 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

We keep hearing Hope has a storyling coming up.
Yep...

When?
Im in the process of it - I just started. We just started filming it. Its great. Its something I think a lot of people can identify with. I know they can because I was one of those parents.

Will we hear anymore about Bo?
No. You may hear something, but you wont see him.

Weve seen a lot of pictures of you with Galen Gering. What can you tell us about that?
I love working with Galen. Hes a lot of fun. Very funny. I love working with everybody.

Whats coming up for Hope?
Ill be fired if I answer that question!

Weve been calling her Pop-up Hope because she kind of pops in and out of episodes. Is that going to change?
Yeah.

You always seem to have the best hair and wardrobe. How does that always happen?
Gosh, I dont know. We have our costume designer, Richard Bloore, back. Were all very excited. The minute we walk in were shopping. We all walk out happy. Richard has such a flair and a talent, and he knows the characters so well. Its so important for the characters to look like individuals.

Is there anything else you can tell us?
The audience is going to be very happy.

When?
Soon!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Kristian, I love you, but you're killing me with the one word/1-2 sentence answers. lol.

Thanks, Lysie!

AFaithL

Sounds like her big story has something to do with Ciara and not a new love interest
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

As a discussion point, she did say that her story is something people can identify with and that she was one of those parents. I'm going to assume that that means that there will be more focus on Hope being a single mom and trying to raise Ciara on her own while still having a career. If it's going to be a big story, however, there's going to need to be more to it than that.
Her response to the Bo question is a bit confusing. First she says "no", but then she says we may hear something. If Bo isn't "dead" by January, can we start a "#FreeHope and #PseudoKillBo" campaign? ;)

Carly
Member Avatar

I'm holding out hope that the "parent" storyline could involve a SORASed JT. Kristian Alfonso has a stepson, and if JT returned, he'd be a sort of stepson to Hope. So, that could be what Kristian meant about the storyline being something "I think a lot of people can identify with. I know they can because I was one of those parents."

Yeah, I'm probably grasping at straws, but I'll keep holding out hope until I'm ultimately proved wrong! ;)

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 22 2013, 01:57 AM
As a discussion point, she did say that her story is something people can identify with and that she was one of those parents. I'm going to assume that that means that there will be more focus on Hope being a single mom and trying to raise Ciara on her own while still having a career. If it's going to be a big story, however, there's going to need to be more to it than that.
Her response to the Bo question is a bit confusing. First she says "no", but then she says we may hear something. If Bo isn't "dead" by January, can we start a "#FreeHope and #PseudoKillBo" campaign? ;)
I think she thought I was asking if he was coming back.

Keith
Member Avatar

So we'll hear something but see it. And she was one of those parents. Well, she had a kid from a first marriage, was single a while, and later remarried...so there is certainly that to go off of.

chinkybig

I like the character and the actress, but her ambiguous answers make me want to slam myself into a wall head first.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Lol, for someone who is always so excited in her tweets, she sure wasn't showing any of that here. Props to the interviewer for trying! :lol:

OliveAnn

The way she answered the question about a possible storyline makes it seem like it will be something to do with Ciara. If that's the case, I'm actually looking forward to that.
Edited by OliveAnn, Sep 22 2013, 09:16 AM.

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

Damn, the DAYS people really keep their mouth shut.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

The days cast are really tight lipped but I don't know for me some of them don't seem very excited.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 22 2013, 09:22 AM
The days cast are really tight lipped but I don't know for me some of them don't seem very excited.
I agree....one in particular.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I've read Ari's, Eileen's, and Kristian's now & these are by far the shortest answers they've ever given, lol. Thanks for trying to get them to talk though!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 22 2013, 02:28 AM
Supergirlx2
Sep 22 2013, 01:57 AM
I think she thought I was asking if he was coming back.
that's how i ultimately interpreted her answer.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I'm always interested in what Hope is doing in Salem so I'm looking forward to whatever storyline they're giving her.

Thanks.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Nate
Sep 22 2013, 09:07 AM
Damn, the DAYS people really keep their mouth shut.
this is the problem with shooting so far in advance - no one can say anything when they're interviewed. People like Camilla, Blake, Freddie, etc can talk about what's airing now (if they can even recall what they were shooting 4 months ago & thus would be airing now), but for people who don't really have a story now, but are currently shooting one, they can't say anything because they'd be giving spoilers for things that are 2/3/4 months out.
If there's an event at the beginning of the new year and Kristian is there and there's an opportunity to interview her about her new story, she'll likely be able to say much more (at least about the beginnings of the story).

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Definitely sounds like we're going to see Hope raising Ciara as a single parent. Please let it be a result of Bo being killed. I don't care if it happens off screen. It needs to happen!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 22 2013, 02:11 PM
Definitely sounds like we're going to see Hope raising Ciara as a single parent. Please let it be a result of Bo being killed. I don't care if it happens off screen. It needs to happen!
Ditto here re: Bo's death.

I do hope there's more to this story than just Hope's struggles as a single mom. Maybe her situation makes her distracted at work & Rafe has to cover for her, or maybe her distracted state results in some major repercussions & Hope loses her job and is thus forced to find another way to support herself & Ciara.

I'm glad that Hope's story isn't a romantic one, though I do hope that Hope is given a romantic partner at some point, since it's unfair to keep Hope "single" forever.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Aiden: "Hope, you are a beautiful woman. And I like you." (8/19/14)

I'm totally bummed that it doesn't sound like Hope will be getting any kind of a new love interest. :badmood: But then, if this upcoming SL finally resolves the nagging MIA Bo issue, and Hope is left to clean up the mess on her own (gee, so what else is new? :eyeroll: ) and coping with her spitfire mini-me :rockon:, BRING IT ON!!!! :applause: Just the possible hint of more Ciara is the only saving grace after reading this. :cheer:

I also agree that KA's answers seem to be unusually short. But like others have pointed out, the show is being very "hush hush". :shrug:

Thanks DR for doing the interview! :hail:
Edited by MissFancyFace, Sep 22 2013, 08:30 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply