Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Kristian Alfonso; Kate Mansi's K20 Birthday Benefit
Topic Started: Sep 22 2013, 01:47 AM (3,120 Views)
Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Quote:

You always seem to have the best hair and wardrobe. How does that always happen?
Gosh, I dont know. We have our costume designer, Richard Bloore, back. Were all very excited. The minute we walk in were shopping. We all walk out happy. Richard has such a flair and a talent, and he knows the characters so well. Its so important for the characters to look like individuals.

The time I saw her at the studio, she was the doing her own hair and make up. I don't know if that's an everyday thing or not, but it might explain why her hair is ALWAYS gorgeous and she never has the odd braids or the ugly buns.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Vicky4Mimi
Sep 22 2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:

You always seem to have the best hair and wardrobe. How does that always happen?
Gosh, I dont know. We have our costume designer, Richard Bloore, back. Were all very excited. The minute we walk in were shopping. We all walk out happy. Richard has such a flair and a talent, and he knows the characters so well. Its so important for the characters to look like individuals.

The time I saw her at the studio, she was the doing her own hair and make up. I don't know if that's an everyday thing or not, but it might explain why her hair is ALWAYS gorgeous and she never has the odd braids or the ugly buns.
the video i posted (that had originally been on the dool.com site) was of Kristian with Richard, so it's possible that they've gone back to that.
i think her hair always looking fab is because she's got an amazing hair person doing her hair. (I must admit that i wasn't shocked in the least to see that it was Gary Allan that did her hair for the Better Living shoot(s), since he's also the one who usually does her hair at the Emmys. He left the Days hair department a short while ago, so I'm actually not sure who does her hair now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who was part of Gary's core team when he was there.) I do think that Kristian would never allow anyone to put odd braids or ugly buns in her hair because she knows that that's not something Hope would do.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

MissFancyFace
Sep 22 2013, 08:29 PM
I'm totally bummed that it doesn't sound like Hope will be getting any kind of a new love interest. :badmood: But then, if this upcoming SL finally resolves the nagging MIA Bo issue, and Hope is left to clean up the mess on her own (gee, so what else is new? :eyeroll: ) and coping with her spitfire mini-me :rockon:, BRING IT ON!!!! :applause: Just the possible hint of more Ciara is the only saving grace after reading this. :cheer:

I also agree that KA's answers seem to be unusually short. But like others have pointed out, the show is being very "hush hush". :shrug:

Thanks DR for doing the interview! :hail:
Technically, she never said anything about whether Hope would be getting a new love interest or not. That said, I'm actually not disappointed that her story doesn't have a romantic core. One of the big negatives I've had about the stories currently airing is that most of them are based on a romantic pairing - Fetch, EJami, Bristen, Wilson, Nabi, Chabby, Rate, etc.
I don't think Hope is going to be cleaning up any mess, since Bo didn't exactly run off anywhere. Yes, he's been gone for almost a year, but we have to remember that, for a good chunk of that time, he was either in California, in Salem (though never seen), or hanging out with Shelle/Claire. When Bo's exit was being set up, Bo did say that he wanted to find a way to bring Stefano down for good. We really don't know anything about why Bo went undercover. He may have done it as a favor to Shane, in which case there's even less of a mess he's left.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

lysie
Sep 22 2013, 01:47 AM

Will we hear anymore about Bo?
No. You may hear something, but you wont see him.

WTF!!!!!!! :headbang:

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

Supergirlx2
Sep 22 2013, 10:01 PM
MissFancyFace
Sep 22 2013, 08:29 PM
I'm totally bummed that it doesn't sound like Hope will be getting any kind of a new love interest. :badmood: But then, if this upcoming SL finally resolves the nagging MIA Bo issue, and Hope is left to clean up the mess on her own (gee, so what else is new? :eyeroll: ) and coping with her spitfire mini-me :rockon:, BRING IT ON!!!! :applause: Just the possible hint of more Ciara is the only saving grace after reading this. :cheer:

I also agree that KA's answers seem to be unusually short. But like others have pointed out, the show is being very "hush hush". :shrug:

Thanks DR for doing the interview! :hail:
Technically, she never said anything about whether Hope would be getting a new love interest or not. That said, I'm actually not disappointed that her story doesn't have a romantic core. One of the big negatives I've had about the stories currently airing is that most of them are based on a romantic pairing - Fetch, EJami, Bristen, Wilson, Nabi, Chabby, Rate, etc.
I don't think Hope is going to be cleaning up any mess, since Bo didn't exactly run off anywhere. Yes, he's been gone for almost a year, but we have to remember that, for a good chunk of that time, he was either in California, in Salem (though never seen), or hanging out with Shelle/Claire. When Bo's exit was being set up, Bo did say that he wanted to find a way to bring Stefano down for good. We really don't know anything about why Bo went undercover. He may have done it as a favor to Shane, in which case there's even less of a mess he's left.
Thanks for clarifying that a bit. I guess we shall see. B-)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Maybe they're going to SORAS Ciara into a troubled teen.. lol
Edited by Manny, Sep 23 2013, 09:01 AM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Manny
Sep 23 2013, 09:01 AM
I disliked this post cause I adore Lauren Boles & think she's a great little actress.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 23 2013, 12:26 PM
Manny
Sep 23 2013, 09:01 AM
I disliked this post cause I adore Lauren Boles & think she's a great little actress.
agree. i'd rather see a highly troubled current Ciara go mental on Salem. I fully wish JER were writing right now b/c he would totally get her storyline.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I'm sorry but I'm going to want to see more of Hope then to just act as a mother to a rebellious child. We already had the mini storyline of that, and as much as love the Kristen-adoring Ciara, that still isn't a soap storyline. Especially not for Hope, who has driven story for over 20 years on this show.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Thanks Lysie for posting, fingers crossed for a wonderful Hope story in the future :)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

I don't think we're going to see her as just a mother. I think we're going to see more of her as a woman who needs to figure out how to balance work and a young child without the support of a second parent. The story would be much more interesting/exciting/unpredictable if the Bo angle were to be included. Whether it's Hope trying to pick up the pieces after learning he's dead, or whether it's Ciara always nagging about here daddy is & Hope not being able to give her a real answer and secretly wondering where he is herself, whether he's okay, and whether he will call any time soon.
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it would make sense for there to be a male someone who Hope is leaning on for support that she starts to develop feelings for, but can't bring herself to act on those feelings because Bo is still alive and while MIA, he's still her husband, or because Bobjust "died" & she doesn't want to rush things.

annie21

DJsMommy
Sep 23 2013, 02:06 AM
lysie

Well, the audience hearing that Bo died would be consistent with what she said, right?

Keith
Member Avatar

annie21
Sep 23 2013, 06:28 PM
DJsMommy
Sep 23 2013, 02:06 AM
lysie

Well, the audience hearing that Bo died would be consistent with what she said, right?

Yes. yes, it would. :)

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

Yoryla
Sep 23 2013, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry but I'm going to want to see more of Hope then to just act as a mother to a rebellious child. We already had the mini storyline of that, and as much as love the Kristen-adoring Ciara, that still isn't a soap storyline. Especially not for Hope, who has driven story for over 20 years on this show.
I SO very much agree with this post!

Besides, haven't we already seen Hope trying to cope with her daughter's behavioral problems during that whole Kristen photo fiasco? The prisoner release papers? And those SLs didn't truly focus on Hope and/or Ciara, and their issues weren't really delved into either. There were only glimpses of it. And I fear this upcoming KA SL will end up as just that. Again.

I would like to hope that TIIC will surprise me (and us) and that this time, it would be different. This time, they'll actually back their words up. But why bother? Corday & Co. haven't gotten the memo thus far, and they never will. And they obviously could care less. They're gonna continue to write for their own faves, fan backlash and threat of cancellation be damned. TIIC can shove their false crap where the sun don't shine. I'm not buying it. They've lied to me and others and taken advantage one too many times.

Sorry for going off on a diatribe, but that's what happens when one gets repeatedly screwed over.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Sep 24 2013, 06:35 AM
Yoryla
Sep 23 2013, 01:19 PM
I SO very much agree with this post!

Besides, haven't we already seen Hope trying to cope with her daughter's behavioral problems during that whole Kristen photo fiasco? The prisoner release papers? And those SLs didn't truly focus on Hope and/or Ciara, and their issues weren't really delved into either. There were only glimpses of it. And I fear this upcoming KA SL will end up as just that. Again.

I would like to hope that TIIC will surprise me (and us) and that this time, it would be different. This time, they'll actually back their words up. But why bother? Corday & Co. haven't gotten the memo thus far, and they never will. And they obviously could care less. They're gonna continue to write for their own faves, fan backlash and threat of cancellation be damned. TIIC can shove their false crap where the sun don't shine. I'm not buying it. They've lied to me and others and taken advantage one too many times.

Sorry for going off on a diatribe, but that's what happens when one gets repeatedly screwed over.
Personally, I can't start bitching about a storyline for Hope that we know next to nothing about and that is a good 3 months away from being seen on our screens.
Kristian/Hope got screwed the minute Peter decided to up & leave (and clearly intended on returnig at some point, or Ken felt that his departure would be short-lived. He was kinda right with that prediction as there have been multiple talks between him & Peter in the past year). That said, I'm going to look on the bright side - Hope has a story. At the end of the day, that's what is important to me. And if Kristian is happy with the story, then I'm happy for her.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

I really wonder what kind of story Hope gets? I like Kristian Alfonso and 'she's a good actress, but the character Hope is not that interesting, and I was a big fan of Bo and Hope back in the days, but the last few years I have found Hope dull. To be fair, she has not actually had any story in recent years, only resumed Gina stuff MarDar wrote. Either way it would be cool to see a strong and fiery Hope and anything interesting in a story that makes you interested in the character again. A new partner for Hope? I would probably prefer something unexpected with someone Hope normally might not fall for the only one I can see on the show for it is EJ, and he is busy with Sami.lol

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

The Scorpion
Sep 24 2013, 08:00 AM
I really wonder what kind of story Hope gets? I like Kristian Alfonso and 'she's a good actress, but the character Hope is not that interesting, and I was a big fan of Bo and Hope back in the days, but the last few years I have found Hope dull. To be fair, she has not actually had any story in recent years, only resumed Gina stuff MarDar wrote. Either way it would be cool to see a strong and fiery Hope and anything interesting in a story that makes you interested in the character again. A new partner for Hope? I would probably prefer something unexpected with someone Hope normally might not fall for the only one I can see on the show for it is EJ, and he is busy with Sami.lol
As much as I adore KA and the Hope character, I have to agree with this. I also enjoy Bo and Hope in their heydays (I watch clips on YouTube. DOOL RULED back then!), 'til the JERk era and it's been downhill ever since. With glimpses of awesomeness every now and then. But they are just that, glimpses.

It pains me to admit this, but, Hope has become the boring and dull good girl. With or without Bo Brady. Why else has she been stuck in pop-up cop/aunt/confidante mode? There's nothing wrong with being a good person or being the occasional shoulder to cry on. It's just that, in the soap world, especially lately, that's just not all that exciting anymore. I want Hope with shades of grey. More darker personality traits. With some thick wise ass sarcasm.

My ideal would be for the Princess Gina and Nighttime Hope personalities to return and intertwine with Hope and quickly dominate her goody two shoes persona. Sort of, take over for a while. Ala Jess/Tess/Bess on OLTL, not sure how that SL turned out but I thought it was genius!

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

Supergirlx2
Sep 24 2013, 07:15 AM
Personally, I can't start bitching about a storyline for Hope that we know next to nothing about and that is a good 3 months away from being seen on our screens.
Kristian/Hope got screwed the minute Peter decided to up & leave (and clearly intended on returnig at some point, or Ken felt that his departure would be short-lived. He was kinda right with that prediction as there have been multiple talks between him & Peter in the past year). That said, I'm going to look on the bright side - Hope has a story. At the end of the day, that's what is important to me. And if Kristian is happy with the story, then I'm happy for her.
Maybe I wouldn't have much to bitch about if TIIC and Corday actually kept their word about SLs for KA and Hope being one of the most pivotal characters on the show. When that really hasn't been shown to be true in spoilers or on-screen. And hasn't been for quite some time. I have tried to be positive and put a happy spin on things, only to have the rug yanked out again and again and I end up falling flat on my face. If you're able to withstand getting burned and wait around for 3 more months for what hopefully won't turn out to be more smoke and mirrors, then hats off to ya. And I truly mean that. You clearly have more patience and tolerance than I do and I honestly commend you for that.

KA is happy, that's awesome. You're happy for her, that's awesome. You're over moon about the upcoming SL, that's awesome. I don't hold that against either of you. I don't post my opinions for the sole prupose of picking a fight with you or anybody. It's not my fault the show sucks, the ratings are piss poor and TIIC lie to our faces constantly. Why condemn me for stating the obvious? I'm fed up with wearing rose colored glasses where this show is concerned. I'm not going to take their crap anymore and I won't be silenced.

Daysofold

MissFancyFace
Sep 25 2013, 02:13 AM
Supergirlx2
Maybe I wouldn't have much to bitch about if TIIC and Corday actually kept their word about SLs for KA and Hope being one of the most pivotal characters on the show. When that really hasn't been shown to be true in spoilers or on-screen. And hasn't been for quite some time. I have tried to be positive and put a happy spin on things, only to have the rug yanked out again and again and I end up falling flat on my face. If you're able to withstand getting burned and wait around for 3 more months for what hopefully won't turn out to be more smoke and mirrors, then hats off to ya. And I truly mean that. You clearly have more patience and tolerance than I do and I honestly commend you for that.

KA is happy, that's awesome. You're happy for her, that's awesome. You're over moon about the upcoming SL, that's awesome. I don't hold that against either of you. I don't post my opinions for the sole prupose of picking a fight with you or anybody. It's not my fault the show sucks, the ratings are piss poor and TIIC lie to our faces constantly. Why condemn me for stating the obvious? I'm fed up with wearing rose colored glasses where this show is concerned. I'm not going to take their crap anymore and I won't be silenced.
What an awesome post and couldn't be anymore honest.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

Daysofold
Sep 25 2013, 02:21 AM
MissFancyFace
Sep 25 2013, 02:13 AM
Supergirlx2

What an awesome post and couldn't be anymore honest.
Thank you Daysofold! It's nice that my opinion is acknowledged as something of value.

Honestly, I don't begrudge those who enjoy the show. They're free to enjoy the show and praise it all they want. It's TIIC that I'm ticked off at. I'm sick and tired of my thoughts about them and the show being belittled and looked down on. As though I am less of a fan. My opinions are simply that, my opinions. I shouldn't have to be made to feel bad about (or apologize for) airing my grievances.

If it turns out that I was indeed way off the mark about KA/Hope's upcoming SL, I'm not too proud to get off my high horse and admit when I am wrong.

I've dared the show to prove me wrong. And I'm still waiting. LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply