Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Blake Berris; Kate Mansi's K20 Birthday Benefit
Topic Started: Sep 22 2013, 02:00 AM (1,899 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Whatís going on with Nick?
He is getting busy with Gabi. And...I think thatís very exciting for him. As far as he is concerned theyíve fallen back in love with each other and are going to be together.

You havenít been on as much lately. Is that going to change?
Yeah. Thereís something coming up.

Can you give us any kind of hint?
Expect to see more Nick. And...heís gonna be really happy.

Okay. Are other people going to be happy?
I donít know. Nick is gonna kind of be living in a world of his own for a bit.

Whatís been your favorite thing since returning to Days?
I love the stuff we did on the island. It was very emotional when Jensen was released. I loved all those scenes. It was intense but it was so hard core. It was challenging, but I loved that story.

What do you think about the major changes in Nick now compared to when you first joined the show?
Itís funny, isnít it? I mean, it really is not where we started. I think that when the new writers came, the ones that brought me back...I mean...how much research can you do? Thereís years and years and years and years. I think that the aspect that is most important to them was the aspect of Nick that went crazy, so thatís what they resurrected. I appreciated that because I love who Nick is now. I feel like as an actor weíve kind of grown into each other as an original character that me and the writers kind of collaborate on. I think they just didnít know what to do with him the first time around. He was the geek and then he got a makeover and then he was the sensitive guy then the graduate storyline with Billie and then he got amnesia. We were going through regime changes, and I think he never really found his voice. I really think that Nick has a really strong voice as a character that is unique and distinct and like no one else in daytime.

When you first came back we got a lot of scenes with Nick and his family. Will we see anything like that again?
Yeah! Pretty soon weíre going to see some of his family get worried about him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Thanks, Lysie!

Please please please let the "family" that's worried about him be Hope mainly and Maggie coming in at a somewhat distant second (more so because i can't with Maggie comparing Nabi to Fetch, than anything else).

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

Aww! I love Blake! I'm hoping the family scenes are him with Hope & Julie. :pray:

I like him with Gabi, but wouldn't mind seeing something with him & Theresa. Poodle! :wub2:

OliveAnn

Blake sounds like a really cool guy. I definitely agree with him that Nick seems more defined now than in his first stint. But, seriously, props to him for stricking to Days even after the way they let him go in 2009 and even though he could easily find work in Hollywood, as he did before his comeback.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I think it's because of Blake's great acting ability that I like the character of Nick so much. He's probably my favourite character on the show right now and considering I shouldn't be rooting for him, I still am! I hope to see a lot of scenes of Nick and Hope ... and I'd love to see more scenes of Nick and Julie!

Thanks for the interview.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Finally someone willing to talk! Great interview, thanks :) Blake seems really nice.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hate the way he excuses the writers' lack of researching history.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I think Blake relishes playing Nick as having a tenuous grip on reality. I wonder if he has had any input on that, and I only say that because he does seem to genuinely enjoy Nick's dark side. I think he's a great actor and Nick could be a great antagonist if they go that way (even though I was hoping for some redemption).

annie21

DrewHamilton
Sep 22 2013, 02:13 PM
I hate the way he excuses the writers' lack of researching history.
That's the part of the interview that caught my attention as well.

I get what you're saying, but I also found his statement revealing -- and insightful on his part.

This is the problem several of us have been lamenting -- how the writers pick and choose which angle they want to take on a legacy character, while managing to ignore or distort the rest.

At least in this instance, it sounds like, because there were so many previous versions to chose from, they actually had to do some work on the character's definition -- and they did so in collaboration with the actor. That's encouraging, I guess. I do wonder, though, if the writers have thought about this anywhere near as deeply as BB has.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

What I've always liked about Blake is how little he seems to care about how likeable his character is and how much he cares about how challenging and interesting the material is. While I wouldn't call myself a morally relativistic viewer by any stretch, what really gets me watching is when a character is interesting and well acted, and of all the young actors that have come and gone in recent times I felt like Blake is the one who not only accepts but embraces that potential in daytime drama.

Starr

I absolutely love Blake Berris as an actor! He seems real. Now that is what I call acting. He is an actor's actor. Yes, Blake, it's true. He knows how to get into and out of tense scenes like nobody else. I'm thrilled that his storyline is going to be happy. Every time he is on screen, he is my focal point, my only concern. Go Blake! You'll never lose what you've got as an actor, because it's natural and inborn.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply