Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Eileen Davidson; Kate Mansi's K20 Birthday Benefit
Topic Started: Sep 22 2013, 02:27 AM (3,122 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

When is your last airdate?
I donít know. Some time in November.

Can you tell us anything about your exit?
No, but itís very dramatic.

Weíve heard about a look alike being cast. Is Kristen staying around just not with your face?
I donít know, but I donít think so.

It didnít end in a way that you thought sheíd be sticking around?
No.

Whatís been your favorite thing about returning?
Iíve had so many great scenes with Deidre and with Martsolf. And just reconnecting with people has been great.

Would you come back?
I donít know. I mean, never say never.

What was the biggest difference in your two stints at Days?
Well, this was shorter, so it wasnít quite as exhausting. I donít know. Iíve gotten older, so I have a lot of appreciation for being able to come back.

Can you tell us anything Kristen might be up to before she leaves?
No. They would kill me.

Is there any chance of Susan popping up before you leave?
Doesnít look like it. I think it just ended up being that one time.

What do you think was different about Kristen this time around?
I think just the fact that Kristen really fell in love with somebody. She truly loves him, and you see that vulnerability.

How did you see Kristen before?
She was just more black. She was more hellbent on having that baby and destroying Marlena. Sheís that way this time, too, but thereís more of a softer side because of how she loves Brady.

Which Kristen do you prefer?
I love how they wrote her this year. There were so many different levels.

Are you going to leave Brady a shell of a man again?
(laughs) Yes. I think he is.

Is there anything else youíd like to say to the fans?
Thanks for watching. Thanks for following her through all of her trials and tribulations. Thanks for seeing the good in her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Come back!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lot of "No's", lol. Man this cast is so tight-lipped these days, but I guess it makes sense with that ridiculous filming schedule.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

There was 4 times she said "I don't know".

Graceland
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf talks about it in the new CBS Soaps In Depth. This is going to be an over-the-top finale!!!

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

I'm going to miss her so much :'(

This list makes me sad = Eileen, Casey, Nathan, Chandler, Camila & Blake (?).

OliveAnn

From everything she said, I'm not optimistic about a possible return.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Team WilSon
Sep 22 2013, 05:43 AM
I'm going to miss her so much :'(

This list makes me sad = Eileen, Casey, Nathan, Chandler, Camila & Blake (?).
That's a lot of people. :(

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

The only positive I have in how it doesn't look good she will come back... 15 years ago she said she never would so...

Nate
Member Avatar

Reading this makes me sad, it doesn't look like she'll be returning :(

Mason
Member Avatar

She and I basically disagree on everything regarding her second run.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Eileen has been fantastic ... I may not like Kristen but Eileen's acting ability is what keeps me glued to the screen when Kristen is on. She'll be missed. I hope that one day she will return but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Thanks.

blueskies
Member Avatar

That "no, they'd kill me" made me laugh. Though given every other interview I've read from the rest so far,they are def telling them to shut up and not say anything. Now when will they tell Ken?

And I really hope she comes back soon.
Edited by blueskies, Sep 22 2013, 10:06 AM.

tylerbo20

No Eileen no drake no storyline I bet Deirdre's next to go

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

It wouldn't surprise me if Deidre was bumped to recurring status - but it's never helped them in the past when they let her or Drake go, so if they do, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot, again.

Seriously, whomever is in charge needs to find a way to provide balance to the force...err...show - cause the same characters day in & day out is grating. And in reading the interviews, very little is going to change over the next few months. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to what will happen with Hope because Kristian can make a silk purse from a sows ear of a script, but I have zero faith in Tomlin & the writers who clearly don't give a shit about the history of the show and the supercouples that helped make it what it was.

AFaithL

I doubt Deidre is going anywhere. She just re-signed a contract. If they were planning on bumping her to recurring, they would have done it back when they let Drake go.

As far as Eileen goes, you never know, but it doesn't look good. I will still hold out hope until she shuts it down completely.
Edited by AFaithL, Sep 22 2013, 12:22 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So tight-lipped. Is this still DAYS?!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Graceland
Sep 22 2013, 04:59 AM
Eric Martsolf talks about it in the new CBS Soaps In Depth. This is going to be an over-the-top finale!!!
i bought it just for his interview, & it does sound like it will be good! I also think he basically said (without saying) that Brady's going to be into drugs after Kristen leaves. Or at least that's how I read it. Granted I was hoping that's what would happen so perhaps I'm just reading what I want into it ;)

And I wasn't overly shocked that he had a hard time reconciling his own feelings regarding what he would have done in Brady's situation with what Brady did re:Kristen. But lets be honest, he's had plenty of background in this area playing a rather stupid man who believes whatever the women in his life tell him. And I still maintain Ethan was dumber by far.

tylerbo20

We need a shake up with writers ASAP and some great casting news ex Carrie/Laura/bill/tony/Bo /patch /john returning Dan/rafe leaving

thepadange

blueskies
Sep 22 2013, 02:28 PM
Graceland
Sep 22 2013, 04:59 AM
i bought it just for his interview, & it does sound like it will be good! I also think he basically said (without saying) that Brady's going to be into drugs after Kristen leaves. Or at least that's how I read it. Granted I was hoping that's what would happen so perhaps I'm just reading what I want into it ;)

And I wasn't overly shocked that he had a hard time reconciling his own feelings regarding what he would have done in Brady's situation with what Brady did re:Kristen. But lets be honest, he's had plenty of background in this area playing a rather stupid man who believes whatever the women in his life tell him. And I still maintain Ethan was dumber by far.
Concerning Brady and drugs, I think, it sure happens.

Are there any hints about the "grand finale"? Because from ED's interview in this thread I got the feeling they may kill off the character via suicide. I am pretty sure I'm reading way too much into it because it's just a couple of sentences, but there is something a little bit different said about Kristen and her s/l from what she's told in her other latest interviews (namely, too much focus on her love for Brady). As Days' writers are trying to create some allusions, they may use their lake set if a pool set is not present this time. Kristen could even leave her bracelet there again. Very final scenes may be played by the look-a-like (Eva Swan) so it could later be revealed as real or fake depending on whether Days will ever manage to get Eileen back or not.

It's just my odd phantasies and I hope I'm wrong and, please, say me that I am ;) , because it's breaking my heart just thinking about it :'(
As most are saying it doesn't look like ED will return, I just don't want my favorite soap character dead.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply