Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Shawn Christian; Kate Mansi's K20 Birthday Benefit
Topic Started: Sep 22 2013, 03:06 AM (5,399 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Whatís Daniel up to?
Iím still pursuing the mystery of what and who got Father Eric drugged and how that all went down. Heís becoming quite the caregiver. Itís kind of a mixed bag of how heís in peopleís lives now. Heís trying to cover JJís ass. Theresaís now in my world, and they get into a situation that puts Danielís career in jeopardy. His relationship with Jennifer is still there, and heís trying to take care of his friend Eric.

We always get worried when Daniel gets a new patient.
Iím a full service healer. I donít know where to start.

Youíre not very popular on our board right now.
I know.

A lot of our Jack fans are especially having a hard time.
They should be. Jack and Jennifer are a very quintessential couple in daytime, not just Days of Our Lives. And Daniel canít just swoop into someoneís life like that. She has kids; she has a family. Itís a very difficult road. I think the story to be told is how does a single mother move on and find new love. People arenít fans of that. How can a widowed woman with children find love again? Many people say that you do not let go of the love of your life. I think thatís what makes it so difficult. I donít take it personally. Itís a hard pill to swallow in real life, so it would certainly be hard swallow in daytime.

Is it noticeable to you that the other characters are always telling us how great Daniel is?
Itís just with regard to what he does as a career. I mean, I put a heart in Jenniferís chest, I solve diseases the CDC canít handle. Medically, heís a genius. My character is in a high drama position - able to save people with a toothpick and a butter knife. Heís very MacGyver. So yeah, that becomes...and I think in regard to Daniel, he tries to do the right thing, he just does it the wrong way. His choices arenít rooted in trying to hurt anybody. Theyíre rooted in love. He cares too much and tries to intervene when he shouldnít. Heís doing the same thing with Father Eric. I mean, you jokingly asked if theyíre going to have a relationship, well...this is what he does. Some people only equate it with what he does with women, but if you look at what he does, he does it with all the men, too. He protects Brady and Father Eric and his dad.

Did you say ďhis dadĒ?
For Victor. Did I say his dad?

Yes, you did.
No. I wish. Not even close. I wish Iíd spoiled something, but I havenít. So, yeah. He overextends himself. Thatís where people go, ďoh, theyíre propping his character up.Ē But for every bad choice heís made, if you look back in his heart it was for the right reason. Thatís probably why everyoneís all ďoh, he saved my daughterís life.Ē He means well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Sounds like he gets why his character is disliked completely. Can TPTB get the hint?

chinkybig

He seems likeable and down-to-earth in real life and he really, really gets it. I wonder what kind of blinders TPTB has on and what are they actually smoking. :blulaugh:
Edited by chinkybig, Sep 22 2013, 03:18 AM.

AFaithL

He seems like a great guy.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Quote:

We always get worried when Daniel gets a new patient.
Iím a full service healer. I donít know where to start.

Youíre not very popular on our board right now.
I know.

Posted Image

I literally loled. That amused me way more than it should have.

I like that Shawn Christian understands that Daniel is kind of sleazy and continues to acknowledge the character flaws we all see. He doesn't sugarcoat it.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Yeah. I kind of wish the writers "got" his character as much as I think he does. It really is too bad because I think SC probably really is a nice guy and is smart about these stories. He knows what works and what doesn't, I have a feeling.

OliveAnn

SC seems really likeable and understands why the audience feels the way they do about Daniel. I wish he would talk to the writers and somehow find a way to make Daniel likeable. The way he's written now, just isn't working.

BTW, was he wearing a scarf by any chance?
Edited by OliveAnn, Sep 22 2013, 06:18 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

He's an actor doing his job, and I think he's probably embarrassed by the awful writing, which isn't his doing. I certainly don't blame him for the bizarre obsession certain writers have with making everyone love Daniel.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

It does sound like he's a great guy. I just want his character to leave the show.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I was going to say that I was sorry to hear that Fetch was still happening. But I really don't care anymore.

PatNS
Member Avatar

He sounds very down to earth and he seems fully aware of what people think of his character. He's more sensitive to the Jack fans and Jack and Jen fans then the writers appear to be, that's for sure.

Thanks. I really enjoyed this interview.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

I feel bad for SC because unlike some of this show he actually can act, sadly he is given awful storylines that make him look terrible!

Kriss4

He's more sensitive to Jack and Jen fans than Missy seemed to be.

Yes, I said that.

Am I in trouble now?

Kriss4

PatNS
Sep 22 2013, 10:05 AM
He sounds very down to earth and he seems fully aware of what people think of his character. He's more sensitive to the Jack fans and Jack and Jen fans then the writers appear to be, that's for sure.

Thanks. I really enjoyed this interview.
I don't know about his acting ability. I'm not saying he can't act, but I don't see any particular effort to distinguish himself or make Daniel more complex. I don't see layers.

Part of it's the writing, I'm sure, but part of it is that he doesn't seem inspired at all.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Sep 22 2013, 11:35 AM
He's more sensitive to Jack and Jen fans than Missy seemed to be.

Yes, I said that.

Am I in trouble now?
One of the rare times I found Daniel tolerable was when they did that strange bromance/friendship between Jack and Daniel. I got the sense SC really enjoyed working with Matt Ashford, and he does seem to be smart enough to respect Jack and Jennifer's history.

outrageous
Member Avatar

TFP. Such a nice guy. I don't want him to leave the show, that would leave him without a job and his only crime is that he's paired with Jennifer right now.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

As much as I have spoken out against Daniel Jonas I have always loved Shawn Christian in interviews and how self-aware he is about his character. Wish the writers had the same view of his character as he does.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's nice to see Christian isn't as delusional about Daniel as the writers make everyone in Salem.

blueskies
Member Avatar

okay, I wasn't going to read his interview b/c I just really don't like Dan, but this was hilarious. I loved the questions you asked. You have some guts! :) Best interview of them all.

Keith
Member Avatar

In hindsight, I kind of wished he was asked about the slip Kayla makes to JJ.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply