Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Shawn Christian; Kate Mansi's K20 Birthday Benefit
Topic Started: Sep 22 2013, 03:06 AM (5,544 Views)
jb1183

These last few posts have expressed it spot on. Jack's fans know he isn't perfect. That's exactly what we love about the character. And we know that watching him struggle with those imperfections and try to move beyond them to do right by those he loves would make for much more compelling television than manufactured and shallow Fetch angst.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

jb1183
Sep 27 2013, 01:31 PM
These last few posts have expressed it spot on. Jack's fans know he isn't perfect. That's exactly what we love about the character. And we know that watching him struggle with those imperfections and try to move beyond them to do right by those he loves would make for much more compelling television than manufactured and shallow Fetch angst.
I also think that being nostalgic for the saga of the Johnson family, which include the romances of Steve and Kayla, Adrienne and Justin and then later Jack and Jennifer represented one of the many peak periods in Days storytelling. I don't feel negatively comparing Matt Ashford's acting and the far, far, far superior writing he got (at least his first round on the show) to the lackluster present amounts to propping. I think there's a substantial difference in the quality of the storytelling, and I've never seen a Jack fan who didn't fully acknowledge that Jack spent years being a bastard and made mistakes even when he wasn't.

As for whether he "abandoned his children" with the Sorasing and retconning (Jack's organs were donated and it wasn't mentioned when he returned), that's definitely in the eye the beholder. I just don't like the fact that in order to make me get all hot and bothered over Daniel, they decided to frame that history as Jack being a deadbeat.

lysie
Member Avatar

Meanwhile, Daniel has yet to be mentioned as being a part of that particular story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply