Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, Sept. 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 23 2013, 01:11 AM (5,434 Views)
Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 23 2013, 03:45 PM
Keith
Sep 23 2013, 03:12 PM
Sweet and Salty
Sep 23 2013, 03:06 PM
Keith
Sep 23 2013, 12:31 PM
KAYLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did Jennifer freeze JJ out? Did she think that would make him come back?
I'm GLAD she's being tough on him! And I'm glad so far no sharing scenes with the doctor!
Tough is one thing; but she remembers wanting nothing to do with her grandparents. At least if he could stay at another relative's house, she would know he's not sleeping on the streets. Where's her common sense? It would give him a chance to cool off and then want to come home on his own. Stupid.
Completely agree. I mean would it have really hurt to let him sleep at a relative's house? And for the record, I don't for a second believe that Jo & Vern would have turned JJ away, even if Jen-Jen has asked them too.
Tough love is one thing. Power plays that blow up in your face are another. If I was a mom fighting with my kid, and he stormed out of the house, threatening never to return, I would still prefer he crashed at a relative's house instead of sleeping on the street. Because that way I'd know where he was, and that someone who cared could at least let me know the sitrep with him. All it takes is one night on the streets for a kid to run into a situation that could be the death of him--a drug overdose, a robbery, a shooting, a stabbing, a case of hypothermia if the temperatures drop too low. I'm surprised no one's directed JJ to a shelter or a youth hostel--that would do in a pinch, and at least he'd sleep warm--or are we to believe that Salem has no homeless and no runaways? I think it's stupid and short-sighted for Jennifer to demand that no one in JJ's family take him in. If anything, she's driving him even further away with those tactics. I could almost not blame him for breaking in to a place he knows won't be occupied for the night. And I hope Jen-Jen doesn't sleep a wink for worrying--that is, if she's capable of worrying about anyone except Daniel.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 23 2013, 01:11 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
U G H!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Today's show, hmmm....

Wish today had been a new day in Salem. The clothing is really getting to me.

I don't really care about Jeanie. It still bothers me that she should be so much older. Why is she about 20 when Brady is in his freakin' forties? Speaking of that, it bothers me that Brady is somehow Jennifer's peer. And Kristen just disgusts me. The way she hangs on Brady and goes around harassing everyone. Not too obvious you have something to hide, Kristen :blulaugh: She's becoming an idiot villain.

Ha, I knew there would be some contrivance forcing Eric to use Marlena to hypnotize him. Too funny. Again, so annoying that Eric's flashbacks aren't from his POV. Marlena's asking him who is the woman, and they show a flashback of Eric screwing Kristen and you can see her face perfectly. But he can't see it. :shame:

I enjoyed Victor. The way he ignored Kristen's babbling. I hope he picks up on her paranoia and realizes she has to be hiding something. Can't wait till she is found out. What she did is truly despicable, and the way she's going around acting like a teenager is ridiculous.

Oh, and Brady is a dick.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Did anyone else wonder how Kristen knew about Victor's time with Nicole? She wasn't around then :shrug:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 23 2013, 12:55 PM
When I said give Nicole something else to do, a scene with Daniel is NOT what I meant.
It seemed strange to me that Daniel left his apartment to go on a road trip and there he is in Salem Square or whatever they call it.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

I'm trying to figure out how Kristen knew Nicole was lying because it was a pretty gosh darn accurate (and appropriate) lie that she told about Maggie.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 23 2013, 12:57 PM
Kristen can sense that Eric's under hypnosis. Does that mean Eric is her trueloveforever?
No, Eric is too old. Her trueloveforever is Johnny.

Kinay

Romancer66
Sep 23 2013, 05:45 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Keith
Sweet and Salty

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Tough is one thing; but she remembers wanting nothing to do with her grandparents. At least if he could stay at another relative's house, she would know he's not sleeping on the streets. Where's her common sense? It would give him a chance to cool off and then want to come home on his own. Stupid.
Completely agree. I mean would it have really hurt to let him sleep at a relative's house? And for the record, I don't for a second believe that Jo & Vern would have turned JJ away, even if Jen-Jen has asked them too.
Tough love is one thing. Power plays that blow up in your face are another. If I was a mom fighting with my kid, and he stormed out of the house, threatening never to return, I would still prefer he crashed at a relative's house instead of sleeping on the street. Because that way I'd know where he was, and that someone who cared could at least let me know the sitrep with him. All it takes is one night on the streets for a kid to run into a situation that could be the death of him--a drug overdose, a robbery, a shooting, a stabbing, a case of hypothermia if the temperatures drop too low. I'm surprised no one's directed JJ to a shelter or a youth hostel--that would do in a pinch, and at least he'd sleep warm--or are we to believe that Salem has no homeless and no runaways? I think it's stupid and short-sighted for Jennifer to demand that no one in JJ's family take him in. If anything, she's driving him even further away with those tactics. I could almost not blame him for breaking in to a place he knows won't be occupied for the night. And I hope Jen-Jen doesn't sleep a wink for worrying--that is, if she's capable of worrying about anyone except Daniel.
She will most likely not sleep a wink worrying about him while he's out having a blast trashing Dan's apartment. All the more reasons for nobody in the family to take him in, he's just looking for trouble. If JJ's going to be fixed in any way, he will have to start by taking responsibility for his actions. I still say his mother's personal life has nothing to do with it, doesn't matter who she's seeing. It's not like she's got some guy living at her house . JJ has a home to go to but he prefers the streets to following rules. Lets see how that's going to work out for him.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 23 2013, 04:35 PM
The Horton's leaving JJ on the streets for the night is deplorable...I don't GAF what he did...he is a VERY hurt and misguided TEENAGER.

I know it is tough love...but leaving your kid on the streets after being busted for drug possessions = INSANITY!
You said it! I don't expect my kids to be perfect when they're teens, but just turning them out onto the streets? I wouldn't be able to sleep! And WTF is wrong with JJ staying at a relatives home until he cools off? Jennifer really has been an awful mother to that kid.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Sep 23 2013, 01:56 PM
Seems like they're setting Nicole up as the red-herring about what happened to Eric. Say, anyone on the Salem PD...no...no...they wouldn't figure it out. Say, anyone with COMMON FRICKING SENSE - why not review when Eric was in that hotel & blacked out, and when Nicole got her hair cut short like the woman he sees in those flashbacks. :facepalm:

:teehee: oh...wait...did I just blow the hell out of this contrived twist to make Nicole appear worse than dog doo on the bottom of a shoe until someone in Salem figures it out by watching that frickin video?

:flipoff: Tomlin, you hack!!
Wait, I'm confused. Really confused. I thought Kristen was wearing a dark short wig when Eric saw her in the lobby at the check in counter. Then in the hotel room she took off the wig and raped him without the wig on, her hair long and blond like usual? Help!

Keith
Member Avatar

Kinay
Sep 23 2013, 06:19 PM
Romancer66
LanaluvsBroe
Keith

She will most likely not sleep a wink worrying about him while he's out having a blast trashing Dan's apartment. All the more reasons for nobody in the family to take him in, he's just looking for trouble. If JJ's going to be fixed in any way, he will have to start by taking responsibility for his actions. I still say his mother's personal life has nothing to do with it, doesn't matter who she's seeing. It's not like she's got some guy living at her house . JJ has a home to go to but he prefers the streets to following rules. Lets see how that's going to work out for him.
Would JJ be doing it if he could go anywhere else? He tried to stay at the mansion and Justin shut him down. He overheard Daniel and boom, plan made. Yeah, he's a troublemaker. But Jen's only giving MORE opportunity to make bad decisions and none to make better ones.

Keith
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 23 2013, 06:22 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Seems like they're setting Nicole up as the red-herring about what happened to Eric. Say, anyone on the Salem PD...no...no...they wouldn't figure it out. Say, anyone with COMMON FRICKING SENSE - why not review when Eric was in that hotel & blacked out, and when Nicole got her hair cut short like the woman he sees in those flashbacks. :facepalm:

:teehee: oh...wait...did I just blow the hell out of this contrived twist to make Nicole appear worse than dog doo on the bottom of a shoe until someone in Salem figures it out by watching that frickin video?

Wait, I'm confused. Really confused. I thought Kristen was wearing a dark short wig when Eric saw her in the lobby at the check in counter. Then in the hotel room she took off the wig and raped him without the wig on, her hair long and blond like usual? Help!
She did. The OP is wondering how Kristen's long, curly locks translate to Nicole's hair at the time of the rape.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 23 2013, 06:26 PM
Rosebud
No1_ILoveLucyFan

She did. The OP is wondering how Kristen's long, curly locks translate to Nicole's hair at the time of the rape.
Ok, thanks. I thought she said Eric sees a woman with short hair in his flashbacks: why not review when Eric was in that hotel & blacked out, and when Nicole got her hair cut short like the woman he sees in those flashbacks

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 23 2013, 06:25 PM
Kinay
Sep 23 2013, 06:19 PM
Romancer66
LanaluvsBroe

Would JJ be doing it if he could go anywhere else? He tried to stay at the mansion and Justin shut him down. He overheard Daniel and boom, plan made. Yeah, he's a troublemaker. But Jen's only giving MORE opportunity to make bad decisions and none to make better ones.
You know when you turn your kid out on the streets? When you have done everything you can and they still continue to self destruct and you can no longer enable it in good conscience.

But the first rule of turning your kid out is being willing to accept they could die and very likely will on the streets. No sane therapist would ever say a kid will straighten out on the streets. They will die or go to jail.

Jennifer hasn't offered rehab or therapy or an alternative living situation. She's just given him a likely death sentence or forced him into crime or prostitution.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 23 2013, 06:16 PM
Keith
Sep 23 2013, 12:55 PM
When I said give Nicole something else to do, a scene with Daniel is NOT what I meant.
It seemed strange to me that Daniel left his apartment to go on a road trip and there he is in Salem Square or whatever they call it.
Probably a plot point so Nicole will figure out that JJ & his friends
are partying at Dr. Dan's house

trojangal
Member Avatar

Back in the day when Jen was a teen didn't they do a story about runaways?
Didn't the Horton's fundd a center for troubled teens? I think Kristen
was a volunteer there

Keith
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 23 2013, 06:31 PM
Keith
Sep 23 2013, 06:26 PM
Rosebud
No1_ILoveLucyFan

Ok, thanks. I thought she said Eric sees a woman with short hair in his flashbacks: why not review when Eric was in that hotel & blacked out, and when Nicole got her hair cut short like the woman he sees in those flashbacks
OP went onto comment how they just blew the contrived plot out of the water, because the hair wasn't the same. Haha.

Keith
Member Avatar

trojangal
Sep 23 2013, 06:47 PM
Back in the day when Jen was a teen didn't they do a story about runaways?
Didn't the Horton's fundd a center for troubled teens? I think Kristen
was a volunteer there
Yes. I really wish this would get remembered. Ah, the days when University Hospital had multiple wings... and floors... and a balcony... and a roof...

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Romancer66
LanaluvsBroe
Keith
Sweet and Salty

I agree. She should have asked Grandma Caroline to take him in. Make him work at the pub. Maybe show him some love and caring instead of kicking him out to fend for himself. He needs to take responsibility for his actions.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I enjoyed seeing a nearly empty martini glass in front of Nicole today. Alcohol is pretty much the only friend she has left in Salem given how much an asshat Brady has been to her lately. For a moment, I thought Nicole was going to hook up with that hot waiter at the club. She could use some good sex and he would certainly give it his best shot.

I honestly do not know how that club stays open if it is that empty during the evening\night. Maybe Chad and Sonny need a tax write-off? If nothing else, maybe Nicole will start spending more time there as I cling to my pipe dream of Nicole and Sonny becoming besties.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply