Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, Sept. 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 23 2013, 01:11 AM (5,547 Views)
Kriss4

I heard Kayla's on, so...

Theresa never wants to take responsibility for her own life. It's always someone else's fault.

She's too old to point fingers at others for her misbehavior.

Nice to see Marlena and Eric.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

I know JJ's a mess, and I don't excuse his actions. He's lied and manipulated people, but I feel his sadness about Jack. I feel bad for the guy, in spite of it all.

There goes Theresa trying to spin her firing to Aunt Kayla. Kayla's not buying it. Good for her!

LovingDays

My Opinion About The Show....

Love Nicole/Victor scenes wish we can have more of them
please Dan just stay awayyyyyy....brady can you freaking stop propping for Dannifer like...Maggie,Nicole,Hope much more
Go Theresa....hope you can take down this bitch Jen.How can you talk to JJ like that his the best
other than that fed up with those flashbacks and Kristen/Brady/Eric storyline

JJ/Theresa & Marlena/Victor/Nicole Were The Best Today
Edited by LovingDays, Sep 23 2013, 08:46 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Wasn't impressed with this episode at all.

Please, please wardrobe... don't make us look at Jennifer in that god awful, fugly dress again. I don't know who she pissed off in wardrobe, but that thing is the worst. And frankly, I am tired of hearing Jennifer tell JJ how much she loves him.. show him, don't just tell him. It's redundant garbage and certainly, IMO, not the way any mother I know, including myself, would ever act with my kids.

NO MORE ERIC AND KRISTEN FLASHBACKS... PLEASE!! Enough already. And Marlena hypnotizing him is beyond gross.

Jennifer and Theresa scenes were OK.. it's about time that Jennifer got a clue about Theresa, but her directing blame at Theresa for JJ's problems is stupid... JJ was having issues with drugs long before he got back to Salem and met Theresa. Granted, she didn't help the situation, but Jen needs to take a good, long look in the mirror about blame.

Seriously, how many scenes did we have to waste watching Brady pimp Dannifer? STOP. IT.

The Victor and Nicole scenes were good, filled with snark as only those two can dole out. Best part of today's episode for me.

Sweet and Salty

Rosebud
Sep 23 2013, 06:22 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Sep 23 2013, 01:56 PM
Seems like they're setting Nicole up as the red-herring about what happened to Eric. Say, anyone on the Salem PD...no...no...they wouldn't figure it out. Say, anyone with COMMON FRICKING SENSE - why not review when Eric was in that hotel & blacked out, and when Nicole got her hair cut short like the woman he sees in those flashbacks. :facepalm:

:teehee: oh...wait...did I just blow the hell out of this contrived twist to make Nicole appear worse than dog doo on the bottom of a shoe until someone in Salem figures it out by watching that frickin video?

:flipoff: Tomlin, you hack!!
Wait, I'm confused. Really confused. I thought Kristen was wearing a dark short wig when Eric saw her in the lobby at the check in counter. Then in the hotel room she took off the wig and raped him without the wig on, her hair long and blond like usual? Help!
You're right! But for some reason she took the wig off when they had relations.

Sweet and Salty

Keith
Sep 23 2013, 06:25 PM
Kinay
Sep 23 2013, 06:19 PM
Romancer66
Sep 23 2013, 05:45 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Sep 23 2013, 03:45 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Tough love is one thing. Power plays that blow up in your face are another. If I was a mom fighting with my kid, and he stormed out of the house, threatening never to return, I would still prefer he crashed at a relative's house instead of sleeping on the street. Because that way I'd know where he was, and that someone who cared could at least let me know the sitrep with him. All it takes is one night on the streets for a kid to run into a situation that could be the death of him--a drug overdose, a robbery, a shooting, a stabbing, a case of hypothermia if the temperatures drop too low. I'm surprised no one's directed JJ to a shelter or a youth hostel--that would do in a pinch, and at least he'd sleep warm--or are we to believe that Salem has no homeless and no runaways? I think it's stupid and short-sighted for Jennifer to demand that no one in JJ's family take him in. If anything, she's driving him even further away with those tactics. I could almost not blame him for breaking in to a place he knows won't be occupied for the night. And I hope Jen-Jen doesn't sleep a wink for worrying--that is, if she's capable of worrying about anyone except Daniel.
She will most likely not sleep a wink worrying about him while he's out having a blast trashing Dan's apartment. All the more reasons for nobody in the family to take him in, he's just looking for trouble. If JJ's going to be fixed in any way, he will have to start by taking responsibility for his actions. I still say his mother's personal life has nothing to do with it, doesn't matter who she's seeing. It's not like she's got some guy living at her house . JJ has a home to go to but he prefers the streets to following rules. Lets see how that's going to work out for him.
Would JJ be doing it if he could go anywhere else? He tried to stay at the mansion and Justin shut him down. He overheard Daniel and boom, plan made. Yeah, he's a troublemaker. But Jen's only giving MORE opportunity to make bad decisions and none to make better ones.
I'm back with you on this one. I could never sleep with my kid on the street. I'm glad she's getting tough, but this is overboard.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Observations:

* Eric has the same water pitcher in his office that I do. If you stick fruit in the piece that screws on, it infuses the water with a very mild fruit taste.
* I realize that we had to have another alternative to Marlena the hypnotist, but that guy didn't try very hard. I feel pretty certain that Marlena has the evidence on that flash drive. I would freaking love it if she accidentally stole the Dimera empire's secrets and gave them to Victor. We need a good corporate/family battle between those two again. It could set off some great drama.
* JT and JJ are both pretty screwed up and there's no question that they did wrong, but there's no force on this earth that will have me rooting for Jen. That woman gets a pass on her bitchiness constantly.
* Also, it was really funny that Jennifer gave Theresa that litany of her poor job performances and then was home taking JJ's keys by the time Theresa made it to the front desk to complain to Kayla. Tell us again how she has a detailed list of JT's slacking off. Since she wasn't actually there, she made that shit up.
* Too much Daniel. The Phloe baby is as cute as ever. ;)

Re: the wig controversy -- Eric knows she's blonde now, but the hotel staff is going to remember the dark-haired woman, which is remarkably similar (maybe the same as?) to Nicole's hair when she took Sydney. That, and the alias uses names from Nicole's family.
Edited by Ophelia, Sep 23 2013, 11:25 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 9/23/13-Friday 9/27/13

John Aniston - Victor Kiriakis
Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Johnson
Meredith Scott Lynn - Anne Milbauer
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Fred Ochs - Dr. Bill Altman (new)
Timothy Goodwin - The Super (new)
Paul Zies - Biker (new)
Javier Grajeda - Dr. Sanchez (new)
Jerry Penacoli - Miles Malloy
Terry James - Stunt Coordinator

jwsel
Member Avatar

I also noticed Jennifer warping from the office to the house, while she was supposed to be at work.

I'm very frustrated by the writing for Jeannie Theresa. It just feels like the writers have wasted a great opportunity for a character with limitless options and a great connection to the canvas, as well as a very good actress in the role. She is such a one-note character and the writers have done nothing to give her any depth, because she has not been given any favorable relationships to build on.

Frankly, as a die-hard Shane and Kim fan, I actually could handle that Shane and Kim's daughter is bratty and spoiled. I could handle that she is a drug user who has screwed up her life and is in Salem as a last resort. I could even handle that she is a bad seed. But what I really can't handle is that Jeannie Theresa is such an idiot. I mean an utter moron. First, she blows through Vargas' money on online shopping when she knows she is desperate for money, and then she tries to embezzle from the hospital in a way that could be easily traced. I just can't believe Shane's and Kim's daughter is that stupid. Let her at least concoct an intelligent plan to steal from the hospital. She could have used Nick to help cover the embezzlement since he is probably hurting for money too, which would have given bother characters something interesting to do. And it would have shown Jeannie Theresa to be someone to be reckoned with in the future, instead of having her plot immediately revealed and have her instantly turn into a sniveling child like she became today.
Edited by jwsel, Sep 24 2013, 02:11 AM.

Keith
Member Avatar

jwsel
Sep 24 2013, 01:38 AM
I also noticed Jennifer warping from the office to the house, while she was supposed to be at work.

I'm very frustrated by the writing for Jeannie Theresa. It just feels like the writers have wasted a great opportunity for a character with limitless options and a great connection to the canvas, as well as a very good actress in the role. She is such a one-note character and the writers have done nothing to give her any depth, because she has not been given any favorable relationships to build on.

Frankly, as a die-hard Shane and Kim fan, I actually could handle that Shane and Kim's daughter is bratty and spoiled. I could handle that she is a drug user who has screwed up her life and is in Salem as a last resort. I could even handle that she is a bad seed. But what I really can't handle is that Jeannie Theresa is such an idiot. I mean and utter moron. First, she blows through Vargas' money on online shopping when she knows she is desperate for money, and then she tries to embezzle from the hospital in a way that could be easily traced. I just can't believe Shane's and Kim's daughter is that stupid. Let her at least concoct an intelligent plan to steal from the hospital. She could have used Nick to help cover the embezzlement since he is probably hurting for money too, which would have given bother characters something interesting to do. And it would have shown Jeannie Theresa to be someone to be reckoned with in the future, instead of having her plot immediately revealed and have her instantly turn into a sniveling child like she became today.
She's a shell of what she could be, just like every new character on this show is. And even the established ones, but they have their strong history to fall back on and, occasionally, bounce back from.

thepadange

camera shy
Sep 23 2013, 03:53 PM
In that great, big mansion, did Bristen really have to check into a hotel to give Sami and EJ their privacy? Oh that's right, Salemites like to do the deed in the living room where any man, woman or child can walk in on them and risk ruining their eyesight.
I was just wondering how did they manage to take their DiMera bedroom bed (golden pillows inclusive) into the hotel.

Sweet and Salty

jwsel
Sep 24 2013, 01:38 AM

Frankly, as a die-hard Shane and Kim fan, I actually could handle that Shane and Kim's daughter is bratty and spoiled. I could handle that she is a drug user who has screwed up her life and is in Salem as a last resort. I could even handle that she is a bad seed. But what I really can't handle is that Jeannie Theresa is such an idiot. I mean an utter moron. First, she blows through Vargas' money on online shopping when she knows she is desperate for money, and then she tries to embezzle from the hospital in a way that could be easily traced. I just can't believe Shane's and Kim's daughter is that stupid. Let her at least concoct an intelligent plan to steal from the hospital. She could have used Nick to help cover the embezzlement since he is probably hurting for money too, which would have given bother characters something interesting to do. And it would have shown Jeannie Theresa to be someone to be reckoned with in the future, instead of having her plot immediately revealed and have her instantly turn into a sniveling child like she became today.
I'm so glad someone finally said this! I totally think they need to give JT more to work with, and she SHOULDN'T write the Donovan's daughter as flighty! Druggy, I get, can do things to her brain.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 23 2013, 06:25 PM
Kinay
Sep 23 2013, 06:19 PM
Romancer66
Sep 23 2013, 05:45 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Sep 23 2013, 03:45 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Tough love is one thing. Power plays that blow up in your face are another. If I was a mom fighting with my kid, and he stormed out of the house, threatening never to return, I would still prefer he crashed at a relative's house instead of sleeping on the street. Because that way I'd know where he was, and that someone who cared could at least let me know the sitrep with him. All it takes is one night on the streets for a kid to run into a situation that could be the death of him--a drug overdose, a robbery, a shooting, a stabbing, a case of hypothermia if the temperatures drop too low. I'm surprised no one's directed JJ to a shelter or a youth hostel--that would do in a pinch, and at least he'd sleep warm--or are we to believe that Salem has no homeless and no runaways? I think it's stupid and short-sighted for Jennifer to demand that no one in JJ's family take him in. If anything, she's driving him even further away with those tactics. I could almost not blame him for breaking in to a place he knows won't be occupied for the night. And I hope Jen-Jen doesn't sleep a wink for worrying--that is, if she's capable of worrying about anyone except Daniel.
She will most likely not sleep a wink worrying about him while he's out having a blast trashing Dan's apartment. All the more reasons for nobody in the family to take him in, he's just looking for trouble. If JJ's going to be fixed in any way, he will have to start by taking responsibility for his actions. I still say his mother's personal life has nothing to do with it, doesn't matter who she's seeing. It's not like she's got some guy living at her house . JJ has a home to go to but he prefers the streets to following rules. Lets see how that's going to work out for him.
Would JJ be doing it if he could go anywhere else? He tried to stay at the mansion and Justin shut him down. He overheard Daniel and boom, plan made. Yeah, he's a troublemaker. But Jen's only giving MORE opportunity to make bad decisions and none to make better ones.
I couldn't agree more. We saw JJ ask Hope, Theresa than Justin for a place to stay and they all shut him down so as not to upset precious Jen-Jen. Daniel's place was a last resort for JJ. Had Justin allowed JJ to stay he wouldn't have had the opportunity to break-in to Daniel's place. Which Justin lives in a damn mansion. GMAFB. Nice to know that Jen-Jen loves her son so much that she'd rather he live on the street than with a relative.

Sucks that TomSell won't give Bryan anytime airtime. Lucas has been the only person who hasn't thrown Daniel in JJ's face. Staying with Lucas for a while would have been good for JJ. :shame:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Sep 24 2013, 07:31 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I was suspicious but then Marlena's "of course" convinced me, Marlena hired a crappy hypnotist for Eric b/c she knew he'd fail and then Eric wouldn't object to her hypnotizing him. She really wanted to know what those images were!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Sep 23 2013, 06:17 PM
I'm trying to figure out how Kristen knew Nicole was lying because it was a pretty gosh darn accurate (and appropriate) lie that she told about Maggie.
Truthfully, she's paranoid and thinks they're lying.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 24 2013, 07:54 AM
PALMommy
I'm trying to figure out how Kristen knew Nicole was lying because it was a pretty gosh darn accurate (and appropriate) lie that she told about Maggie.
I'm super glad you said that because it was sorta freaking me out in a comical way - especially after her near clairvoyant sensing of Eric toward the end of the episode, kwim?? :laugh:

blueskies
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Sep 24 2013, 08:54 AM
blueskies
Sep 24 2013, 07:54 AM
PALMommy
I'm super glad you said that because it was sorta freaking me out in a comical way - especially after her near clairvoyant sensing of Eric toward the end of the episode, kwim?? :laugh:
The end was freaky, lol. And although it is Days, I'm still going with paranoia rather than a Celeste-like ability (or a Bope-like psychic connection).

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 23 2013, 06:11 PM
Did anyone else wonder how Kristen knew about Victor's time with Nicole? She wasn't around then :shrug:
These kinds of things when people wonder why someone knows something, are just silly. People do know things even if they're not somewhere physically. People do keep some tabs on lives, and I think a high profile marriage that lasted altogether five years, between Victor and Nicole is something everyone would know about. Also, the fact that they don't get along is notorious in the quite small town of Salem.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Sep 24 2013, 01:30 PM
Rosebud
Sep 23 2013, 06:11 PM
Did anyone else wonder how Kristen knew about Victor's time with Nicole? She wasn't around then :shrug:
These kinds of things when people wonder why someone knows something, are just silly. People do know things even if they're not somewhere physically. People do keep some tabs on lives, and I think a high profile marriage that lasted altogether five years, between Victor and Nicole is something everyone would know about. Also, the fact that they don't get along is notorious in the quite small town of Salem.
It's silly to me when they bring back a character and pretend they never left.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply