Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Amanda Corday to appear on "Days" in October...; Plus: Jerry Penacoli reprises role as Miles Malloy
Topic Started: Sep 23 2013, 10:30 PM (5,782 Views)
Kyan

Will Amanda's character be nicknamed Katydid?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I would gladly take any of the following PASSIONS actors:

Tracey Ross
Lindsay Hartley
Ben Masters
Juliet Mills
Eva Tamargo
Robin Strasser
Andrea Evans
Kathleen Noone

Just to name a few....PSNS had some damn fine actors

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 24 2013, 12:40 PM

Tracey Ross
Lindsay Hartley
Ben Masters
Juliet Mills
Eva Tamargo
Robin Strasser
Andrea Evans
Kathleen Noone

This is basically my exact list. I wouldn't take any off and might add one or two. I thought Richard Steinmetz did a damn fine job on General Hospital too. Not sure how much credit should go to Jane Elliot for that, but he won me over. I never liked him much on Passions.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza

Tracey Ross
Lindsay Hartley
Ben Masters
Juliet Mills
Eva Tamargo
Robin Strasser
Andrea Evans
Kathleen Noone

A very good list, competely agree with all of them!

Jordan's character could use some family. Damn I wish I knew what the clue was, lol.

Edit: I just realized the only man on this list is Ben Masters, the rest are women, lol. Not that I disagree (I don't) it's just an odd juxtaposition. Passions didn't really have a lot of amazing male actors, but the women mostly were.
Edited by blueskies, Sep 24 2013, 12:55 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I loved Ben Masters on Passions. I'm actually surprised Days didn't pick him up when the show ended. Then again, TomSell wouldn't know what to do with an actor of his caliber.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Sep 24 2013, 01:15 PM.

mollymay

W

mollymay

Well this comment has nothing to do with nothing other that perhaps the fantasy casting being discussed, but I was just thinking the other day, would it be fabulous if they could bring Robert Newman and Kim Zimmer onboard to play an older version of Edmund and Susan???

gailwinters
Member Avatar

mollymay
Sep 24 2013, 02:10 PM
Well this comment has nothing to do with nothing other that perhaps the fantasy casting being discussed, but I was just thinking the other day, would it be fabulous if they could bring Robert Newman and Kim Zimmer onboard to play an older version of Edmund and Susan???
:hail: :hail: Just the thought of seeing those two together on screen makes me giddy.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 24 2013, 12:15 AM
The Room Stops
Sep 24 2013, 12:12 AM
Miles! Welcome back, Miles Malloy!

Ah, when they somebody say John would get super-jealous back in 2000, I kept hoping that it would be Miles making him jealous (because he obviously found Marlena attractive, and he was sort of her boss, plus he was hot), but then they made it stupid Winston instead.

Can he please be coming back for Marlena? Please show, please? It'd be a good way to bring back John eventually, if Marlena's flirting with somebody new and then John returns, ready to woo her back.
Pretty much my sentiments. At least get Marlena back to work. If flirting follows, so be it. :drunk:
I will ALWAYS love John and Marlena, but have also always been a fan of the show first and foremost. I watched Days long before John's bandages ever came off. They still had THE love story of the 1990's in Daytime TV. If there were a 90's supercouple, it was John and Marlena. I'll say it, I consider the only true supercouple birthed in the 1990's was john and Marlena.

1) We didn't even know he was John Black until the 1990's. He was a new character really. He kept a lot of Roman characteristics but evolved into someone completely different over time and I think people over look that about Drake. He had to take shit and spin it into gold to save his job when Wayne returned. People blast Drakes acting (and yeah, he's a stereotypical, over-the-top, flat soap actor, who could win no awards, but garner enormous amounts of fans). John Black in 1992 was a new character in many ways.

2) Since Marlena went back to Roman, Sheri decided to start to rebuild a love story. It would be the love story of the 1990's. It started in Stella's pit. It would be old school, slow paced, and fascinating storytelling about a moral woman bound by duty to her husband, but also a real woman bound by love to a man she had believed was her husband

3) JER took it off into adventure, and it took J&M forever to tie the knot. That's when you know it's a "Bill Bell" type of supercouple.

THAT SAID

Please don't shoot me, I'm a J&M fan, but for the good of the show, and to keep Deidre, the undisputed Queen of Daytime at this moment on the canvas, there must be a love interest. I'm all for Marlena moving on, and a fling with her boss and a gradual relationship would be fun, then have a crazy who calls her show hold her hostage and nearly kill her. Let Marlena figure her own way out but Miles be the first person she sees when she's breaks free. Then it's love and something real is going on and then BAM!!!.......John's back. Then all of it's a mess and the shit hits the fan as Marlena will always love John but she trust Miles, not John. That would actually be a good storyline. Well I wrote it so I think so.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar

Didn't Nelson Branco have a tweet back in June or July about a DAYS casting call for a male 40-66 with an English accent? Ben Masters often sounded vaguely British on Passions. I remember thinking the age range was so random, but Ben Masters fits!

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

I'll put this.....just in general, as a long time fan of this show that has seen ups and downs and twist and turns, Deidre Hall is actually playing MARLENA again. Marlena somehow is back to her old self. She's strong-willed, determined, opinionated, and a force to be reckoned with. It's the one thing TomSell has given me. They didn't manage to keep Eileen, but to me Marlena stopped being herself after she was victimized over and over and over. In 1985, Stefano said "Marlena is a more formidable adversary than Roman". That's Marlena, a strong woman.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ben Masters would make a GREAT new villain on this show....he was very underrated on PASSIONS.

I also would not mind Kim Ulrich either joining DAYS...PASSIONS really did have some great talent now that I look back. Even Dana Sparks was great...Mary Elizabeth Winstead...Taylor Anne Mountz

Posted Image

That right there was their best cast IMO.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza

Tracey Ross
Lindsay Hartley
Ben Masters
Juliet Mills
Eva Tamargo
Robin Strasser
Andrea Evans
Kathleen Noone

One of the best cast in Daytime, with no respect. How could you overlook a list of actors like that. I always thought JER did an outstanding job of writing the role first then casting for the role. It just so happens he wrote good roles for great actors. Passions' cast was to die for.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 24 2013, 02:35 PM
Ben Masters would make a GREAT new villain on this show....he was very underrated on PASSIONS.

I also would not mind Kim Ulrich either joining DAYS...PASSIONS really did have some great talent now that I look back. Even Dana Sparks was great...Mary Elizabeth Winstead...Taylor Anne Mountz

Posted Image

That right there was their best cast IMO.
Personally, I'd take Ben Masters over Ian Buchanan. I love Ian, but Ben is a great fit for Days. Stefano and the Dimera family must be repopulated, so don't get me wrong. However, a new bad guy in town would be a good balance, and I think Ben would be near the top of my list.

PSA: Like I said....Re-Populate the Dimera Mansion. Whether anyone wants to admit, The Dimera clan are as much a part of this show as the Horton's and the Brady's. They are Historic and larger than life, they just need better writing, that's all.

Keith
Member Avatar

Daysfanatic79
Sep 24 2013, 02:20 PM
Keith
The Room Stops

Ah, when they somebody say John would get super-jealous back in 2000, I kept hoping that it would be Miles making him jealous (because he obviously found Marlena attractive, and he was sort of her boss, plus he was hot), but then they made it stupid Winston instead.

Can he please be coming back for Marlena? Please show, please? It'd be a good way to bring back John eventually, if Marlena's flirting with somebody new and then John returns, ready to woo her back.
Pretty much my sentiments. At least get Marlena back to work. If flirting follows, so be it. :drunk:
I will ALWAYS love John and Marlena, but have also always been a fan of the show first and foremost. I watched Days long before John's bandages ever came off. They still had THE love story of the 1990's in Daytime TV. If there were a 90's supercouple, it was John and Marlena. I'll say it, I consider the only true supercouple birthed in the 1990's was john and Marlena.

1) We didn't even know he was John Black until the 1990's. He was a new character really. He kept a lot of Roman characteristics but evolved into someone completely different over time and I think people over look that about Drake. He had to take shit and spin it into gold to save his job when Wayne returned. People blast Drakes acting (and yeah, he's a stereotypical, over-the-top, flat soap actor, who could win no awards, but garner enormous amounts of fans). John Black in 1992 was a new character in many ways.

2) Since Marlena went back to Roman, Sheri decided to start to rebuild a love story. It would be the love story of the 1990's. It started in Stella's pit. It would be old school, slow paced, and fascinating storytelling about a moral woman bound by duty to her husband, but also a real woman bound by love to a man she had believed was her husband

3) JER took it off into adventure, and it took J&M forever to tie the knot. That's when you know it's a "Bill Bell" type of supercouple.

THAT SAID

Please don't shoot me, I'm a J&M fan, but for the good of the show, and to keep Deidre, the undisputed Queen of Daytime at this moment on the canvas, there must be a love interest. I'm all for Marlena moving on, and a fling with her boss and a gradual relationship would be fun, then have a crazy who calls her show hold her hostage and nearly kill her. Let Marlena figure her own way out but Miles be the first person she sees when she's breaks free. Then it's love and something real is going on and then BAM!!!.......John's back. Then all of it's a mess and the shit hits the fan as Marlena will always love John but she trust Miles, not John. That would actually be a good storyline. Well I wrote it so I think so.
This.

james0479
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 24 2013, 02:46 PM
Daysfanatic79
Sep 24 2013, 02:20 PM
Keith
The Room Stops

THAT SAID

This.
This times 2! What an awesome post.

camera shy

Daysfanatic79
Sep 24 2013, 02:35 PM
Mitchapalooza

Tracey Ross
Lindsay Hartley
Ben Masters
Juliet Mills
Eva Tamargo
Robin Strasser
Andrea Evans
Kathleen Noone

One of the best cast in Daytime, with no respect. How could you overlook a list of actors like that. I always thought JER did an outstanding job of writing the role first then casting for the role. It just so happens he wrote good roles for great actors. Passions' cast was to die for.
The chemistry was off the charts with that cast. And some of the stuff they did would have you dying laughing.

Starr

Hmmm--Candy Striper: Melanie??

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Daysfanatic79
Sep 24 2013, 02:42 PM
PSA: Like I said....Re-Populate the Dimera Mansion. Whether anyone wants to admit, The Dimera clan are as much a part of this show as the Horton's and the Brady's. They are Historic and larger than life, they just need better writing, that's all.
They need a rest, some of them permanently.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 26 2013, 06:04 PM
Daysfanatic79
Sep 24 2013, 02:42 PM
They need a rest, some of them permanently.

THE DIMERAS: We can agree to disagree.

It's obvious Stefano is more effective if they loop him in and out of stories in different time periods. Stefano is best when he comes to town with a vendetta and game plan. JER understood that Stefano was best used during storylines that needed him, but then he would disappear for a while and re-emerge just as vicious as ever. In my opinion (and I know other soap fans that don't even watch Days admit this) Stefano is the greatest villain daytime has ever seen.

Do the Dimera's need a shake up? Yes! The show has lost so much promise with this family by looking over what is right in front of them.

Lexie was at her very best when she acted like a Dimera, and the show threw that out of the window for no apparent reason. Renee was phenomenal when she played Lexie with a Dimera edge.

Tony was a great gray character that could be compassionate one minute and vindictive the next. The writers understood Tony and what his character's behavior should reflect in the 1980's. After that, it was all very hit and miss, and it ruined a very promising character played by an incredible actor! Now it has been a while, and it could work having him back. It would depend on the plot and his influence on the canvas. Thao is too good to become a trinket character.

Anna was Tony's perfect match, and I loved watching them adore and irritate the hell out of each other. It was a selfish and fitting pairing. Anna is such a schemer and will always be hell bent on getting what she wants. She can always be used, and she rubs Marlena the wrong way, which was always fun to watch.

Peter is out there somewhere, and if they were to cast Peter right, he would be a great character to have involved in stories as a villain. The character of Peter actually has a load of potential because he was historically present in the 1990's, but could be redefined with a more malicious twist and a great recast (the recast would have to be a known actor with credentials). I can see where some good casting could make Peter a dynamite character.

They could also have a "long lost son" or "long lost daughter" come home looking for his/her father Tony.

I can see why people think they are stagnant. The lone jewel in the Dimera crown right now is Kristen, and now she's gone. There are so many ways to use the vast history the Dimera family has on this show to build it up in a believable way and make it fresh again.

To make the family grounded, stop giving me some strange and gray characterization of Stefano. Stefano is cruel, malicious, evil, and a genius. You would never know that watching the show now. He's a victim of bad writing.

Also...... Give me an EJ break. I know it won't happen, but one can dream. He doesn't act like a Dimera at all. He isn't used the right way, and it makes the whole family seem watered down. James is great when he's a real villian. That's when his star really would shine. Now, he's gaga for Sami and his personality is getting more bland by the day.

With all that said, we don't need less Dimeras, we need some to start acting like a Dimera, some need to exit the canvas, and others need to come back razor sharp.

For around 30 years they have been involved in story, just like the Brady's. That's a legacy family and the Dimera's have been for some time. The writers need a good history lesson about how this family really operates, and then they need Stefano on screen in prominent form for some major story arcs, and after the arc place him in the background for advice while his children and grandchildren create trouble for various characters and couples. The last time they did it like that, it worked. When they abandon that formula, or turn Stefano soft, it makes a longtime viewer cringe.

Just stop trying to play it nice Days. Make them formidable again with good recast, and evil offspring. Have Stefano on heavy in a story that has malice and intrigue, and then let the kids play, and rinse and repeat. The Dimera's need a make over, not an exit sign (unless you are EJ, in which case you seem more like a Horton now than a Dimera)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply