Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of September 9-13, 2013
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 03:50 AM (2,480 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/09/ratings-bad-week-for-bb

Ratings Report for the Week of September 9-13, 2013

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,700,000 (+85,000/+484,000)
2. B&B 3,583,000 (-88,000/+419,000)
3. GH 2,775,000 (+23,000/+247,000)
4. DAYS 2,466,000 (-158,000/+169,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/12 (+.1/+.3)
2. B&B 2.6/9 (same/+.2)
3. GH 2.1/7 (same/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 855,000 (-12,000/+63,000)
2. B&B 728,000 (-24,000/+73,000)
3. GH 665,000 (-69,000/+78,000)
4. DAYS 605,000 (+1,000/+101,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (-.1/+.1)
2. B&B 1.1/8 (-.1/+.1)
3. GH 1.0/7 (-.1/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.9/6 (same/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 248,000 (-3,000/+54,000)
2. B&B 227,000 (+1,000/+55,000)
3. GH 222,000 (-52,000/+31,000)
4. DAYS 193,000 (-8,000/+20,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. B&B 0.7 (same/+.2)
1. GH 0.7 (-.1/+.1)
1. Y&R 0.7 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.6 (same/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings - HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.7/3,710,000
Tuesday: 2.7/3,745,000
Wednesday: 2.6/3,535,000
Thursday: 2.6/3,452,000
Friday: 2.4/3,473,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,564,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,630,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,230,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,518,000
Friday: 1.8/2,388,000

GH
Monday: 2.2/2,852,000
Tuesday: 2.3/2,995,000
Wednesday: 2.3/2,956,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,631,000
Friday: 1.9/2,442,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,632,000
Tuesday: 3.6/4,937,000
Wednesday: 3.7/4,860,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,702,000
Friday: 3.2/4,369,000
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Thanks! Good to see the 18-49 didn't go down anyway for Days.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Well, that sure was an up and down week.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I frankly think the show is sooo boring.....but it's still amazing to me that apparently every week of this stupid Sami trial have been disappointing in the ratings, while the small gains they have had this summer were apparently heavy Dannifer weeks. Coo coo

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

:cheer: GH Ė On pace to finish season with largest viewership in five years! Congratulations GH it is once again a great soap! :cheer:

I donít know what to say about DAYS more of the same last placeÖEven Samiís letter brought in the one of the lowest ratings for the week, I guess viewers arenít buying what the show is selling! SAD

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Quote:

That is one of their lowest total viewer dailies in sometime is it not?

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Lets see what aired that day.
9/11, Wednesday: 1.8/2,230,000
Abigail tells Gabi that she feels there's something Chad isn't telling her. Maggie sees Nick is trying to get Gabi back into the modeling business, and thinks he still cares about her. Sami sends E.J. a special message. Jordan tells Rafe he told the truth and that's all he could do. Cameron presses Chad to share his condition with those who care about him. Kate brings Arianna to the hospital to visit with Rafe. Nick is presented with a subpoena and Will says for him not to make things worse for Sami. E.J. finds and reads a letter that Sami wrote for him.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Women 18-49 Viewers
DAYS 605,000 (+1,000/+101,000)

Nuff said!!!
GO DAYS!!!!

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 07:50 AM
I frankly think the show is sooo boring.....but it's still amazing to me that apparently every week of this stupid Sami trial have been disappointing in the ratings, while the small gains they have had this summer were apparently heavy Dannifer weeks. Coo coo
Was Sami not featured the week before when the ratings were great, if I am remembering correctly, Sami and her trial issues were on three out of the four days that DOOL aired, so what exactly is the basis of this conclusion, especially since the trial itself only started this week that is represented in ratings?

DOOL at least held their demos, are up over last year and have some 2.0s in the mix, not a bad showing.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Sep 24 2013, 07:51 AM
:cheer: GH Ė On pace to finish season with largest viewership in five years! Congratulations GH it is once again a great soap! :cheer:

I donít know what to say about DAYS more of the same last placeÖEven Samiís letter brought in the one of the lowest ratings for the week, I guess viewers arenít buying what the show is selling! SAD
Or maybe its Rafe being anywhere near EJAMI to start of the episode :shrug:

I kid, I kid :blulaugh: not going to put credit or blame on anyone, especially since EJ's letter to Sami was the highest rated day the week before and got a 2.2, it definitely not IMO as simple as that.

S loves EJ

Mitchapalooza
Sep 24 2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:

That is one of their lowest total viewer dailies in sometime is it not?

No there has been 1.8 in several weeks.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 10:57 AM
LuvingLumi
Was Sami not featured the week before when the ratings were great, if I am remembering correctly, Sami and her trial issues were on three out of the four days that DOOL aired, so what exactly is the basis of this conclusion, especially since the trial itself only started this week that is represented in ratings?

DOOL at least held their demos, are up over last year and have some 2.0s in the mix, not a bad showing.
IDK..the trial started this week(Sept 9), last week they were very heavy with Dannifer and JJ getting in trouble, everyone reacting to that, etc....and show gained week to week...this week they lost from last week.....

One thing is focusing on the trial, as it starts, with the witnesses, etc....another thing is having a scene here and there about Justin and Ej, or about Sami worrying about the trial, etc...the focus the week of Labor Day was on Dannifer/JJ, this week it was on the trial....let's see what happens with this past week's ratings....I'm sure they will be higher as something happened on the show with Ej/Stefano's showdown and the trial's conclusion. I'd frankly be very surprised if they lost ground for the week of Sept 16

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 11:10 AM
IHeartSoaps
LuvingLumi

IDK..the trial started this week(Sept 9), last week they were very heavy with Dannifer and JJ getting in trouble, everyone reacting to that, etc....and show gained week to week...this week they lost from last week.....

One thing is focusing on the trial, as it starts, with the witnesses, etc....another thing is having a scene here and there about Justin and Ej, or about Sami worrying about the trial, etc...the focus the week of Labor Day was on Dannifer/JJ, this week it was on the trial....let's see what happens with this past week's ratings....I'm sure they will be higher as something happened on the show with Ej/Stefano's showdown and the trial's conclusion. I'd frankly be very surprised if they lost ground for the week of Sept 16
Even though JJ got in trouble, it did not take away from Sami and her sl time, the time with her children and EJ and their letter and if EJ's actions would affect the trial. Both sls were on getting their airtime of the show, so to blame one while praise the other just does not sync with what we are actually being shown IMO.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 11:15 AM
LuvingLumi
IHeartSoaps
LuvingLumi

Even though JJ got in trouble, it did not take away from Sami and her sl time, the time with her children and EJ and their letter and if EJ's actions would affect the trial. Both sls were on getting their airtime of the show, so to blame one while praise the other just does not sync with what we are actually being shown IMO.
I disagree. The focus of that week was not on the trial, having scenes that don't move that storyline along does not make it a focus heavy week on that story. The focus of the week of Labor day was on JJ/Dannifer and JJ getting arrested, etc.

See below...JJ/Jennifer/Dannifer heavy on majority of week, that was the story that moved that week, just like the trial kick off was for the week of the 9th and the conclusion this past week. The week of Sept 9 and the week of Sept 16 were heavy Sami trial weeks....now this week the focus seems to be on Kristen/Bristen/Eric thing....

Some posters even pointed it out on the thread for the ratings for last week. That the ratings were great for the Dannifer week and that is just depressing

onday
No Show

Tuesday
Brady puts his and Kristen's future in Eric's hands; Marlena tries to get information about Kristen; Sonny and Gabi fight about Nick; Caroline confronts Nick.

Wednesday
Adrienne finds information that could help Sami's case; J.J. finds himself in trouble; Abigail talks to Daniel about Jennifer; Stefano and Rafe argue.

Thursday
Eric continues to feel uneasy about the night he got sick; Jennifer learns J.J. was arrested; E.J. pushes Justin to move forward with Sami's trial; Kae tries to shake Jordan.

Friday
Justin confronts E.J. about the money in Bernardi's son's account; Jennifer calls J.J. out on his behavior; Theresa and Abigail fight; Kristen reacts to an idea of Brady's.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Sep 24 2013, 11:20 AM.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 11:18 AM
IHeartSoaps
LuvingLumi
IHeartSoaps

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I disagree. The focus of that week was not on the trial, having scenes that don't move that storyline along does not make it a focus heavy week on that story. The focus of the week of Labor day was on JJ/Dannifer and JJ getting arrested, etc.

See below...JJ/Jennifer/Dannifer heavy on majority of week, that was the story that moved that week, just like the trial kick off was for the week of the 9th and the conclusion this past week. The week of Sept 9 and the week of Sept 16 were heavy Sami trial weeks....now this week the focus seems to be on Kristen/Bristen/Eric thing....

onday
No Show

Tuesday
Brady puts his and Kristen's future in Eric's hands; Marlena tries to get information about Kristen; Sonny and Gabi fight about Nick; Caroline confronts Nick.

Wednesday
Adrienne finds information that could help Sami's case; J.J. finds himself in trouble; Abigail talks to Daniel about Jennifer; Stefano and Rafe argue.

Thursday
Eric continues to feel uneasy about the night he got sick; Jennifer learns J.J. was arrested; E.J. pushes Justin to move forward with Sami's trial; Kae tries to shake Jordan.

Friday
Justin confronts E.J. about the money in Bernardi's son's account; Jennifer calls J.J. out on his behavior; Theresa and Abigail fight; Kristen reacts to an idea of Brady's.
Your very brief spoilers does not tell us everything that aired on the actual days, eg. it does not even include that EJ and Sami and familiy were on Wednesday when they learnt of the new evidence, but thanks.

As I said, while JJ got arrested, we also had running concurrently the sl arc on whether EJ's actions with the bank account would be found out and any possible repurcussions.

DOOL as a whole goes up and down, trying to put blame on a single pairing that is never not onscreen just escapes me tbh.
Edited by IHeartSoaps, Sep 24 2013, 11:25 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 11:23 AM
LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 11:18 AM
IHeartSoaps
LuvingLumi

onday
No Show

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday
Your very brief spoilers does not tell us everything that aired on the actual days, eg. it does not even include that EJ and Sami and familiy were on Wednesday when they learnt of the new evidence, but thanks.

As I said, while JJ got arrested, we also had running concurrently the sl arc on whether EJ's actions with the bank account would be found out and any possible repurcussions.

DOOL as a whole goes up and down, trying to put blame on a single pairing that is never not onscreen just escapes me tbh.
I'm not blaming the pairing, I'm blaming the story and frankly if you look at the weeks they focus on the Sami trial for whatever reason collectively those weeks haven't done as well...the trial IMHO has been boring with repetitive scenes and no real movement until last week and by the time the story moved an inch, it was over.

We'll agree to disagree.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

There really isn't any difference. :blulaugh:

Sami's sl has had a consistent presence throughout the weeks whether DOOL went up or down, there wasn't any more than the other with the exception of this last week where it went into overdrive.

But will most definitely agree to disagree about this blame but never praise placing, DOOL as a whole goes up and down.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

IHeartSoaps
LuvingLumi
IHeartSoaps
LuvingLumi

Friday was actually a 2.1, the day the trial started. The EJ/ Sami kids day was 1.8 / 2,504,000
IA with Luvinglumi Friday was a day of movement which would make sense to why is has a higher rating.
however I find it interesting that this past week's ratings was up and down every day that's just weird.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 11:44 AM
There really isn't any difference. :blulaugh:

Sami's sl has had a consistent presence throughout the weeks whether DOOL went up or down, there wasn't any more than the other with the exception of this last week where it went into overdrive.

But will most definitely agree to disagree about this blame but never praise placing, DOOL as a whole goes up and down.
considering that it's safe to say that Samis trial has not really been a big ratings draw in general.
Edited by daysmemories, Sep 24 2013, 11:48 AM.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Sep 24 2013, 11:46 AM
IHeartSoaps
LuvingLumi
IHeartSoaps

Friday was actually a 2.1, the day the trial started. The EJ/ Sami kids day was 1.8 / 2,504,000
IA with Luvinglumi Friday was a day of movement which would make sense to why is has a higher rating.
however I find it interesting that this past week's ratings was up and down every day that's just weird.
My mistake, 2.1 still pretty good, as for the rest, it only drives home my point about DOOL's performance being for the show as a whole, you cannot really praise one and blame the other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply