Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of September 9-13, 2013
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 03:50 AM (2,413 Views)
IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Sep 24 2013, 11:47 AM
IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 11:44 AM
There really isn't any difference. :blulaugh:

Sami's sl has had a consistent presence throughout the weeks whether DOOL went up or down, there wasn't any more than the other with the exception of this last week where it went into overdrive.

But will most definitely agree to disagree about this blame but never praise placing, DOOL as a whole goes up and down.
considering that it's safe to say that Samis trial has not really been a big ratings draw in general.
No more than anything the show has going on right now be it Sami's trial, or JJ and his nonsense, Kristen and Eric etc and therein lies the heart of my point. Up/down Up/down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 11:50 AM
daysmemories
Sep 24 2013, 11:46 AM
IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 11:15 AM
LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 11:10 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Even though JJ got in trouble, it did not take away from Sami and her sl time, the time with her children and EJ and their letter and if EJ's actions would affect the trial. Both sls were on getting their airtime of the show, so to blame one while praise the other just does not sync with what we are actually being shown IMO.
Friday was actually a 2.1, the day the trial started. The EJ/ Sami kids day was 1.8 / 2,504,000
IA with Luvinglumi Friday was a day of movement which would make sense to why is has a higher rating.
however I find it interesting that this past week's ratings was up and down every day that's just weird.
My mistake, 2.1 still pretty good, as for the rest, it only drives home my point about DOOL's performance being for the show as a whole, you cannot really praise one and blame the other.
I don't agree. For example....back around May of this year, the show was on fire. I might not have liked the stories and the couplings but I could honestly not say the show as boring. You can the Bristen reveal, the Nabi/Wilson stuff and Ari's birth...it was jammed packed and it moved....since then there has been NOTHING to really draw the audience in...it's been BORING. Sami's trial didn't represent a good run for Days...which is probably why they decided to do it over the summer anyway...a notoriously slow time for soaps in general.

daysmemories

Let me be more clear without intentionally placing blame. Seems to me the pattern is some days have more viewers than others and the days that have lower viewers are most of the time days that features Sami or Ej , which is unfortunate because Days is determined to make and keep them the face of the show.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Sep 24 2013, 12:13 PM
Let me be more clear without intentionally placing blame. Seems to me the pattern is some days have more viewers than others and the days that have lower viewers are most of the time days that features Sami or Ej , which is unfortunate because Days is determined to make and keep them the face of the show.
Well you are placing blame and given EJ and Sami have been on the highest rated days as well, it appears to be misplaced. You blame them for the low days but even when they are on the high days are because of anything but them. That is the only unfortunate and unfair thing I am seeing tbh.

Dee-anne

IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 12:18 PM
daysmemories
Sep 24 2013, 12:13 PM
Well you are placing blame and given EJ and Sami have been on the highest rated days as well, it appears to be misplaced. You blame them for the low days but even when they are on the high days are because of anything but them. That is the only unfortunate and unfair thing I am seeing tbh.
All I know is that I find the whole show boring. I like non of the stories and the worst of them all is, anything to do with EJ and Sami. I was looking forward to Eric and Nicole scenes for a while but, even those have become boring. The story hardly has any movement. I feel that I can stop watching the show for four months or more, and when I resume, I would have hardly missed anything, or anything worthwhile. Nicole is my favourite on the show but, I don't feel that she has a story, and I am not enjoying her interfering in grown ass Brady love life. I don't care how funny they try to make it.

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 11:10 AM
IHeartSoaps
Sep 24 2013, 10:57 AM
LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 07:50 AM
I frankly think the show is sooo boring.....but it's still amazing to me that apparently every week of this stupid Sami trial have been disappointing in the ratings, while the small gains they have had this summer were apparently heavy Dannifer weeks. Coo coo
Was Sami not featured the week before when the ratings were great, if I am remembering correctly, Sami and her trial issues were on three out of the four days that DOOL aired, so what exactly is the basis of this conclusion, especially since the trial itself only started this week that is represented in ratings?

DOOL at least held their demos, are up over last year and have some 2.0s in the mix, not a bad showing.
IDK..the trial started this week(Sept 9), last week they were very heavy with Dannifer and JJ getting in trouble, everyone reacting to that, etc....and show gained week to week...this week they lost from last week.....

One thing is focusing on the trial, as it starts, with the witnesses, etc....another thing is having a scene here and there about Justin and Ej, or about Sami worrying about the trial, etc...the focus the week of Labor Day was on Dannifer/JJ, this week it was on the trial....let's see what happens with this past week's ratings....I'm sure they will be higher as something happened on the show with Ej/Stefano's showdown and the trial's conclusion. I'd frankly be very surprised if they lost ground for the week of Sept 16

The EJ/Stefano showdown and the trials conclusion was great episodes so I hope they get good ratings. Anyway even as a Ejami fan I thought the trial was mostly boring exept for those episodes and the one where Ejami realized they were screwed, but all the witnesses statements were boring. It seems that some goods things are coming up though according to the spoilers hopefully that will have an positive impact on the ratings.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Being a fan of a couple is fine but don't use the fact that you are a fan of a couple you know others may not be as a way to antagonize fellow members. If it keeps up warnings will be handed out and this will turn into a read only thread because this type of behavior is childish and stupid. This also applies to people who aren't fans of the couples being discussed. In a nutshell I'm saying to keep it civil.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

I think it's a shame that DAYS fans consider a 2.0 as a successful day. The CBS ones are getting 3.'s and the lowest was BB which got a 2.4, which DAYS would kill for right now!

GH is doing their best to climb back up and I hope they do it! GH is a great show!

DAYS as a whole is not working now. We all have our reasons we think that's happening, but the point is, DAYS is sucking big time and the ratings are showing it.

I long for the days that DAYS had shows worthy of the 3.0's...

trojangal
Member Avatar

Unlike years ago, trials nowdays on Days are boooooooring, I don't care who is on trial !
We all knew Sami was getting off so it wasn't "must see tv"

I think the show has slowed down again seems like all the stories are going round & round
With no resolution.

Rafe is still trying to recover
Dannifer are still on/off
Ericole are still off
Bristen are on
JJ & Theresa are still screwing up their lives
Wil & Sonny are hardly ever on &
Maggie is still a busybody
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

trojangal
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Sep 24 2013, 06:30 PM
I think it's a shame that DAYS fans consider a 2.0 as a successful day. The CBS ones are getting 3.'s and the lowest was BB which got a 2.4, which DAYS would kill for right now!

GH is doing their best to climb back up and I hope they do it! GH is a great show!

DAYS as a whole is not working now. We all have our reasons we think that's happening, but the point is, DAYS is sucking big time and the ratings are showing it.

Days has been in last place for awhile &
I doubt they will ever surpass Y & R . Y & R which I don't care
For has always been popular here & overseas.
I agree GH has been on fire lately & they are on opposite
Days where I live

gailwinters
Member Avatar

When friends and I have had the opportunity to talk ratings with some of the Days actors, they have assured us that TPTB are happy. And believe it or not, a couple of the actors can quote you chapter and verse (and numbers) on the whole ratings issue. There is so much more to it than this report that we see.

That said, fans will always try to blame a bad ratings day on the story/character/actor they don't like, and try to claim good ratings for their ship. It doesn't work that way, but we fans are stubborn.

I still fail to see why GH has such good numbers. There's some good acting, but several of the story lines are not engaging to me.
Edited by gailwinters, Sep 24 2013, 06:59 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

gailwinters
Sep 24 2013, 06:56 PM
When friends and I have had the opportunity to talk ratings with some of the Days actors, they have assured us that TPTB are happy. And believe it or not, a couple of the actors can quote you chapter and verse (and numbers) on the whole ratings issue. There is so much more to it than this report that we see.

That said, fans will always try to blame a bad ratings day on the story/character/actor they don't like, and try to claim good ratings for their ship. It doesn't work that way, but we fans are stubborn.

I still fail to see why GH has such good numbers. There's some good acting, but several of the story lines are not engaging to me.
Oh I disagree on GH. A couple of months ago during the Franco crap yes, but now? Nope... We got the spixie baby reveal about to take lulu and Dante by surprise...we got the suspicion of Britts baby being Lante's kid... We got nik and Britt which is promising, we see the start of what will be Robin's return. Ava Jerome causing all types of problems, Aj being accused of murder.. The only think I didn't really care for was the Kiki, Michael, Morgan mess but as of yesterday I can't wait to watch. It's so soapy... Every storyline has something and there is enough that if I don't like one story I have so much more left to like and love. With Days I can't stand 3 stories and there is only 4 happening

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

IA with you LL except for the Morgan/Kiki/Michael crap..that ain't soapy just plain boring and contrived. Other than that sl I am enjoying GH.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

EJ_SamiFF
Sep 24 2013, 08:03 PM
IA with you LL except for the Morgan/Kiki/Michael crap..that ain't soapy just plain boring and contrived. Other than that sl I am enjoying GH.
Super contrived but then what happened today is also super soapy, lol

ETA: I think the show/actors are fine with the ratings because of the year to year gain in viewers and demos but a few weeks of boring episodes can make that number go down and quickly... Days did horrible under mardar... So if course this year is going to look good... In comparison to that crap...
Edited by LuvingLumi, Sep 24 2013, 09:16 PM.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 09:13 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Sep 24 2013, 08:03 PM
Super contrived but then what happened today is also super soapy, lol

ETA: I think the show/actors are fine with the ratings because of the year to year gain in viewers and demos but a few weeks of boring episodes can make that number go down and quickly... Days did horrible under mardar... So if course this year is going to look good... In comparison to that crap...
Todays GH was like WHOA! I can't wait to see it tomorrow!!

I really miss DAYS being the show I can't wait to see. That's how I know it's really really bad. I use to never miss the show--EVER-I have watched some horrible storylines on there and hung in there. But I just can't with what DAYS is throwing together now. To me it just seems like they are just trying to prove to the fans that they don't care one thing about them and are going to put any trash out there they can think up!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 07:47 PM
gailwinters

Oh I disagree on GH. A couple of months ago during the Franco crap yes, but now? Nope... We got the spixie baby reveal about to take lulu and Dante by surprise...we got the suspicion of Britts baby being Lante's kid... We got nik and Britt which is promising, we see the start of what will be Robin's return. Ava Jerome causing all types of problems, Aj being accused of murder.. The only think I didn't really care for was the Kiki, Michael, Morgan mess but as of yesterday I can't wait to watch. It's so soapy... Every storyline has something and there is enough that if I don't like one story I have so much more left to like and love. With Days I can't stand 3 stories and there is only 4 happening
As I read through your post, I realized that I only like a couple of the characters you mentioned. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling GH right now. :P

daysmemories

As the same could be said of Days. Honestly I like GH right now and no I don't like all the characters but I still enjoy the storylines. To me Days barely use s the characters I care about. Gives shit ass stories to characters I once loved and continues to shovel trash down my throat and I am not a garbage disposel.
I just want days to understand no ones ever been able to turn shit into gold.

trojangal
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Sep 24 2013, 09:45 PM
LuvingLumi
Sep 24 2013, 07:47 PM
gailwinters

As I read through your post, I realized that I only like a couple of the characters you mentioned. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling GH right now. :P
I think I am liking GH over Days right now is because things on GH are really moving,
There are reveals happening all the time & if you miss a day
You miss a lot.

While I like Days and only despise Dannifer currently I just find Days
Stagnant . Not much new seems to be happening except the Stef/ EJ / Sami thing

outrageous
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Sep 24 2013, 06:30 PM

Considering that just about a year and a half ago the higherst ratings were 1.8, middle 1.5 and low 1.3, 2.0 is pretty good I'd say.

I doubt that Days will ever reach to be the #1 soap. The third and fourth spots seems to be consistent, with occasional 2s.

Sami's trial was boring, thank goodness it's done. I found it a bit disappointing and probably so did a lot of the viewers. I expected more excitement.

Hopefully next week's ratings will be better.

S loves EJ

The ratings been as low as 1.5 and 1.3 really? I didnīt Think MarDarīs Writing was that bad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply