Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of September 9-13, 2013
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 03:50 AM (2,476 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I only remember those numbers on heavy preemption dates. But mardar were awful, they consistently got 1.8s and 1.9s
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

I still think MarDar´s writing was a lot better than Higley´s crappy writing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

S loves EJ
Sep 25 2013, 06:46 AM
Well, they really had no where to go but up and they flopped...they actually managed to get worse numbers at one point that Dena did....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

I think you know I wasn´t really talking rating wise though. ;)

Anyway Higley was fired at the beginning of 2011, so it wasn´t her writing in the summer of 2011, even if maybe the Rafe2 storyline was her storyline that Thomsell and however the other one´s name is was wrapping up. I Believe the ratings in the summer of 2011 was 1.6-1.7, and MarDar got 1.7-1.9 which is at least an improvement but still bad. Still MarDar wasn´t fired because of the ratings at least the official word was they wasn´t allowed to write things the way they wanted.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Sep 25 2013, 08:27 AM
I think you know I wasn´t really talking rating wise though. ;)

Anyway Higley was fired at the beginning of 2011, so it wasn´t her writing in the summer of 2011, even if maybe the Rafe2 storyline was her storyline that Thomsell and however the other one´s name is was wrapping up. I Believe the ratings in the summer of 2011 was 1.6-1.7, and MarDar got 1.7-1.9 which is at least an improvement but still bad. Still MarDar wasn´t fired because of the ratings at least the official word was they wasn´t allowed to write things the way they wanted.
DH was fired in the Spring of 2011 so she was responsible for pretty much everything that aired through the summer of 2011. MarDar's tweaks to her stories started to air toward the end August 2011 and then MarDar's stories kicked off at the Horton Town Square opening in September 2011.

TomSell's tweaks to MarDar's stories began to air in July 2012 and then TomSell was responsible for everything starting a couple days after the show came back from the Olympics break in August 2012.

That means the year-over-year numbers comparison that we are seeing now is a TomSell to TomSell comparison.

blueskies
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Sep 25 2013, 06:46 AM
neither was good but for different reasons.

Higley made me to want to gouge my eyes out.

MarDar put me to sleep. I honestly think I slept through 3/4's of their eppi's.

S loves EJ

MarDar brought back Ejami so I will be ever so grateful. :thumbsup:

Anyway I don´t know where I got the info that Higley was fired in feb 2011 when it was in may 2011, but it make more sense though why people hated her she really was resposible for the whole rafe2 storyline and Taylor mess.

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Sep 25 2013, 11:23 AM
MarDar brought back Ejami so I will be ever so grateful. :thumbsup:

Anyway I don´t know where I got the info that Higley was fired in feb 2011 when it was in may 2011, but it make more sense though why people hated her she really was resposible for the whole rafe2 storyline and Taylor mess.
Whitesell was the one fired around that time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply