Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Good Wife: Season 5
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 04:28 PM (718 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The Good Wife: Season 5 Discussion
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Critics everywhere are hailing The Good Wife as the best show on TV right now and so I have finally decided to give it a try and am binge watching it on my Roku.

Problem is, I'm losing interest fast. I've even watched the pilot twice and don't have a clue what's going on. Julianna Margulies is a gem, yes but will somebody that detests courtroom dramas be able to find the so-called briliance in this show? Does it ever get soapy good or is it just an updated take on Juding Amy? :x

Posted Image

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Give it a chance. It really is an awesome show. Sunday night's episode was a breath holder.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Oct 30 2013, 11:21 AM
Give it a chance. It really is an awesome show. Sunday night's episode was a breath holder.
Okay, be honest with me.

Are the first four seasons crap and season five the reason all the critics are going nuts about it right now?

From what I have read (and yes, I am trying to avoid spoilers), it sounds like something happened that has sort of given season five a face-lift or at least placing it in a renaissance period of sorts.

Edited by Renegade_Killerbee, Nov 2 2013, 05:09 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It's an awesome show to me too. For someone not into court related dramas though I can see how you might not find it as entertaining people who are. I don't think the first four seasons are crap at all. I loved the show for the first 3 seasons then the first half of the 4th season I didn't watch all of because the show was kind of letting me down but it got better for me during the 2nd half when I tuned back in after seeing commercials and I've been a weekly viewer again since.

Jazzygem
Member Avatar

I love this show

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I LOVE this show. It is definitely in the top three of the primetime shows I watch (well I actually only watch these three regularly): Mad Men - The Good Wife - Revenge. (How come there isn't a thread on Mad Men though??? Was really surprised.)

Season 5 was excellent. The decision to kill off Will was one of the best decisions and happenings on a show ever. I never really liked him either so it was extra special nice. However, now we can get to really good stuff coming up next season.

Manny
Member Avatar

I caught up with this show this summer and I was in shock when they killed Will off. That was one of the most shocking moments in TV for me. lol

I love this show so much! The cast is amazing and the stories are (mostly) awesome. Alicia leaving the company and everything that preceded and followed it was one of the best stories I have watched in a long time..

I am just confused how they will be able to explain Peter offering a position to his wife.. conflict of interest much?
Edited by Manny, Aug 30 2014, 04:12 AM.

shellyj

I'm excited for the new season to start tonight. nice that they finally figured out that football will make the start time 9:30 pm as my dvr isn't that smart

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply