Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Good Wife: Season 5
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 04:28 PM (296 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The Good Wife: Season 5 Discussion
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Critics everywhere are hailing The Good Wife as the best show on TV right now and so I have finally decided to give it a try and am binge watching it on my Roku.

Problem is, I'm losing interest fast. I've even watched the pilot twice and don't have a clue what's going on. Julianna Margulies is a gem, yes but will somebody that detests courtroom dramas be able to find the so-called briliance in this show? Does it ever get soapy good or is it just an updated take on Juding Amy? :x

Posted Image

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Give it a chance. It really is an awesome show. Sunday night's episode was a breath holder.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Oct 30 2013, 11:21 AM
Give it a chance. It really is an awesome show. Sunday night's episode was a breath holder.
Okay, be honest with me.

Are the first four seasons crap and season five the reason all the critics are going nuts about it right now?

From what I have read (and yes, I am trying to avoid spoilers), it sounds like something happened that has sort of given season five a face-lift or at least placing it in a renaissance period of sorts.

Edited by Renegade_Killerbee, Nov 2 2013, 05:09 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It's an awesome show to me too. For someone not into court related dramas though I can see how you might not find it as entertaining people who are. I don't think the first four seasons are crap at all. I loved the show for the first 3 seasons then the first half of the 4th season I didn't watch all of because the show was kind of letting me down but it got better for me during the 2nd half when I tuned back in after seeing commercials and I've been a weekly viewer again since.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply