Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Arrow: Season 2
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 04:44 PM (411 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Arrow: Season 2 Discussion
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Great start!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I just fucking LOVE this show! It was far and away my favorite new show of last season & this season's premiere did NOT disappoint me in the LEAST! LOVED that first glimpse of this series' Black Canary. LOVED seeing Laurel kick a little ass (so much foreshadowing for her being Black Canary one day). And that moment at the end! "So... what do you want to be called?" As the camera zooms in on a green arrow. I literally SQUEED! I'm such a fanboy.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'm still surprised that I like a show on CW this much. Excellent season premiere.

southrnbygrace
Member Avatar

My absolute favorite show on TV right now! The cast, the makeup folks, the stunt team, the writers....everyone involved with this show is first rate!! I love Oliver and Team Arrow and I'm looking forward to the rest of season 2. I just wish they'd left Malcolm dead! I hate that bastard! He doesn't deserve to live when Tommy's dead. *sniff sniff*

Idiomatique

Season 2 has been far more entertaining than Season 1. There have been some shockers not the least of which was Laurel's appearance. Yowza!

I'm loving Manu Bennett as Deadshot.

I don't care much for Sarah though.

southrnbygrace
Member Avatar

The second half of this season was just awful. I absolutely hated Deathstroke/Slade and didn't find him compelling as a super villain at all. The whole mirakuru mess was just plane idiotic. And they keep killing off the wrong people!!! Last season it was Tommy, this season,
Spoiler: click to toggle
. Why can't they kill of Malcolm? Or Slade? Do we really need two super villains on this show? And why not kill off Lila or Amanda Waller?

Anyway, I'm happy season 2 is over. I want my show back to how it was before. I don't know whether they got new writers or what but season 1 was incredible! The first half of this season was even more incredible and then....blah.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

We must be watching two totally different shows, because I absolutely loved season 2 and think that it just keeps continuing to get better. Last night's final was not only a fantastic hour of television, but it was extremely satisfying as a comic book/Green Arrow fan. Can't wait to see what's in store for season 3, and with The Flash.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I can't understand not liking either this season or especially that amazing finale, but to each their own I guess.

They had the Olicity fan in me, I fell for it :lol: I like Katie Cassidy but Laurel is truly awful.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I like Laurel, I just hate what they are doing with the character. I LOVE Katie Cassidy and she deserves so much more. I wasn't too much a fan of the actress playing Sarah, perhaps because I really want Laurel in the BC role, and heck with the uber talented Alex Kingston in the role of Dinah, there is so much potential between her and Katie as Laurel for some really good stuff involving Canary.

I too was fooled at the Felicity fake out. Not going to lie, I got a few goosebumps when he said he loved her. Great fakeout, even though Felicity got the shaft.

Manu Bennett has been fantastic in the Slade/Deathstroke role. Deathstroke is such a great villain, and I think it played out really well over this season. Bummed that Summer Glau didn't make through the finale, but I saw it coming.

southrnbygrace
Member Avatar

We'll agree to disagree about season 2. Overall, I give it a 2.5/3.0 out of 5 stars. The finale was ok, but nowhere neat as good as last years. The island scenes continue to bring a halt to any momentum an episode might be trying to build up. (Although the editing for the finale fight scene on both the island and current day Starling city was really well done in the finale). And the announcement this past week that

Spoiler: click to toggle

will be a series regular next season, I'm no longer looking forward to it. I hate watching a show for one aspect of it, but it looks like I'll be tuning in for only the Team Arrow scenes next year.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Yeah, we're on two totally different sides, lol. I was THRILLED to hear that news.

southrnbygrace
Member Avatar

It's not just Arrow. I've always hated big super villain stories that take an extended period of time to tell. (Bones/Grave Digger, Castle/3XK, Mentalist/Red John). I don't like long arching stories. Never have, never will. They're boring to me.

To their credit, at least Malcolm wasn't on every week along with Slade. I think I'd have quit the show if they had been.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · CW Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply