Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Richard Bloore made "Days" return today, 9/24
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 05:19 PM (1,882 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

What was reported months ago has finally taken place on-screen: Costume designer Richard Bloore has returned to his post at "Days" after a five-year absence, with his first episode airing on September 24. He replaces Jayne Marie Kehoe, who had been the costumer designer for "Days" since August 2008. With Salem still being the "same day", expect some of the wardrobe to still be from the Kehoe era for the next week or so. Bloore, 58, started his career working for a rock-and-roll designer in the late 1970s. He started his soap career as the costume designer for "Santa Barbara" from 1984-1990. Bloore then joined "Days" as its costume designer in April 1990 and stayed with the show until August 2008. He was Daytime-Emmy nominated for his work at "Days" in 1997, 1999 and 2006. In an interview Bloore did in 2011, he stated that "I just hope I will get another chance at being a part of that family feeling (at work) again." Well, that chance has now come. Welcome back, Richard, to the "Days" family!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

:cheer: woohoo!! :) finally! (not that my girl didn't already look fabulous. ;) )

Hope there's a noticeable difference in how some of the characters are styled.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Hot damn! It's about time---looking forward to his stuff.

Keith
Member Avatar

Technically, he hasn't returned until we see his stuff. Hopefully that happens soon. TFP, Jason.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 24 2013, 07:54 PM
Technically, he hasn't returned until we see his stuff. Hopefully that happens soon. TFP, Jason.
Richard's stuff started airing today. lol. I'm going to assume that that means that he styled the characters that had yet to be seen on this Salem day.

Keith
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 24 2013, 07:57 PM
Keith
Richard's stuff started airing today. lol. I'm going to assume that that means that he styled the characters that had yet to be seen on this Salem day.
So Caroline...Chloe...Parker? I'm sure we've seen everyone else before on this day. I look forward to the first new Salem day. ;)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 24 2013, 08:01 PM
Supergirlx2
Keith
So Caroline...Chloe...Parker? I'm sure we've seen everyone else before on this day. I look forward to the first new Salem day. ;)
and Theresa.

Keith
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 24 2013, 08:03 PM
Keith
Supergirlx2
Keith
and Theresa.
She was on yesterday?

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Welcome back, Richard!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 24 2013, 08:08 PM
Supergirlx2
Sep 24 2013, 08:03 PM
Keith
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
and Theresa.
She was on yesterday?
oh, was she?? i haven't been paying much attention since the name "Hope" hasn't appeared in any of the play-by-play tweets from the last few days. lol.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Do we know why Richard departed the first time?

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I wonder if Abigail's sex romper and Jennifer's ugly blue dress were the straws that broke the camel's back.

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Sep 24 2013, 09:38 PM
I wonder if Abigail's sex romper and Jennifer's ugly blue dress were the straws that broke the camel's back.
Or Kehoe's last F you to the tortured viewers. :/

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Maybe he'll finally burn some of the clothing that they've used while he's been gone, lol....

blueskies
Member Avatar

Does he get any input on hairstyle? B/c there are a few I'd like to see gone forever.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

I really need to see EJs wardrobe changed. Maybe some casual age appropriate clothing, and suits that are more modern and preferably not grey.

thepadange

blueskies
Sep 25 2013, 10:27 AM
Does he get any input on hairstyle? B/c there are a few I'd like to see gone forever.
BTW does somebody know when LK's husbands hair and make-up "will make their debut" on Days? LOL. If I recall correctly, changes in Wardrobe and Hair and Make-up departments were made at a similar time.

Sevprince
Member Avatar

Can I finally hope to see Sonny dressed like his age.

Jason47
Member Avatar

thepadange
Sep 25 2013, 11:09 AM
BTW does somebody know when LK's husbands hair and make-up "will make their debut" on Days? LOL. If I recall correctly, changes in Wardrobe and Hair and Make-up departments were made at a similar time.
Nick should be taking over the hair/makeup departments within the next week or two. This will be the first time in Days history that there's combined head of both departments. Will be on the lookout for his name in the credits.

cord08

Well, I hope he wasn't responsible for the jean jackets I saw on Theresa and Bev today. :ermm:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply