Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 7th; *updated 9/30*
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 11:06 PM (25,861 Views)
Hamilton
Member Avatar

I'm sure it's the last place Rafe would want to be! They probably stumble in because someone is standing in front of the 'Private Party' sign. Since he's with both Kate and Jordan I'm assuming he was approved for a brief outing to raise his spirits.

Extras aren't going to boost the drama as much as these characters so that's why they were probably included. I would expect them to be making a quick turnaround when the shots ring out.
Edited by Hamilton, Oct 4 2013, 06:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 4 2013, 04:36 PM
camera shy
Oct 4 2013, 04:26 PM
blueskies
Oct 4 2013, 10:36 AM
MissLola
Oct 4 2013, 10:21 AM
A little odd that Rafe,Kate and Jordan are at Ejami's engagement party.
yeah...not sure why any of them would go, or even be invited.
It's because Safe is so not over.
Doesn't this time correspond to the time that GG was tweeting about his disatisfaction with the story or the show or something? I tend to think that it's more that the show at the time of the filming of this event, were not so sure that Rafe's future would be with Jordan anymore.....and they decided to include him in this in the event they didn't find a suitable story for him at least he'd be part of the aftermath of this one.....
GG's "guess I'm not getting a storyline on Days anytime soon....#needanewgig" was tweeted on June 12, within a day or two of when this was taped. I think you might be on to something.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

I wore a dress to my engagement party very similar to my wedding dress, just shorter and off white. If it was my second wedding (or 12th), I definitely would have worn it to get married in.

And after Rafe and Kate see whose private party they walk into, they probably REALLY NEED a drink, so maybe that's why they stay. Then Large Marge comes roarin in and ruins a perfectly good cake.

That bitch.

blueskies
Member Avatar

camera shy
blueskies
MissLola
Oh I hope that's not true, I like Rafe too much to saddle him with Sami again.

S loves EJ

michelle
Oct 4 2013, 09:36 PM
I wore a dress to my engagement party very similar to my wedding dress, just shorter and off white. If it was my second wedding (or 12th), I definitely would have worn it to get married in.

And after Rafe and Kate see whose private party they walk into, they probably REALLY NEED a drink, so maybe that's why they stay. Then Large Marge comes roarin in and ruins a perfectly good cake.

That bitch.

Looking at the promo for next week I think the dress has a short skirt so I could buy it as a engament party dress and not just as a wedding dress, but I´m not sure if someone would have her hair done like that for just an engament party.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Daily Spoilers week of 10/7

10/7, J.J. uncovers a troubling family secret; Sami and E.J. face off with Marge; Rafe wonders why Kate is spending so much time with him; Gabi ends things with Nick.

10/8, J.J.'s anger lands him in jail; Kristen arranges for Marlena to be attacked; Kristen tells Brady she's been hiding something.

10/9, The flash drive ends up in unexpected hands; Eric tells Brady and Kristen his decision; Daniel gives Eric a clue about who poisoned him; Jordan has words with Sami; Jennifer tries to get through to her son, pushing Daniel away in the process.

10/10, E.J. and Sami go to their engagement party; Kristen thinks her secret has been destroyed; Nicole leads Eric down the wrong path; Cameron accuses Chad of lying.

10/11, The threat of Marge looms over Sami and E.J.'s party; E.J. helps Chad; Kate, Rafe and Jordan go to E.J. and Sami's engagement party; the party comes to a bloody end.

mollymay

Wow it looks like a fabulous week! Its almost like they start sweeps a month early.

I will say that while I'm fairly good at speccing out a story, the intrusion of Rafe/Jordan/Kate at the Ejami engagement party threw me for a loop until I finally got caught up watching Days from this week and realized, its all about Rafe.

On Mondays eppie, Rafe smarts off to EJ that he's jealous of what Safe had together. Poor thing, he's been in the hospital all this time and hasn't figured out what Salem and the rest of us have. Sami doesn't just love EJ...she loooovvvvveeeesssss EJ. I expect the trio to arrive just in time to get a gander at Sami's toast to EJ, clueing Rafe in to the fact that what he had with Sami isn't a drop in the bucket to what she has with EJ. This of course will break his heart, softening Jordan immensely to him (plus this week also Sami has words with Jordan so she knows first hand how forceful the future Mrs. DiMera can be). Kate will be witness to this and that's why the next week you have a spoiler that Kate goes snooping into Jordan's past.

This finally should move Rafe completely out of the Ejami orbit and give him a story all his own. About damn time.

Looks like the points to have Eric believe Nicole is the on that defrocked him are plugging right along as well. Oh and who else thinks Nick is going to go BSC and more than likely be the cause of Cameron leaving Salem?

camera shy

blueskies
Oct 4 2013, 11:14 PM
camera shy
blueskies
MissLola
Oh I hope that's not true, I like Rafe too much to saddle him with Sami again.
I think Rafe deserves a hell of a lot better than Sami too, but if they were done with Safe, then they would have taken Rafe out of Sami's orbit the way they had no problem with taking Nicole out of EJ's......sharing scenes maybe twice a year. But we have EJ still feeling threatened by Rafe and telling Sami she never fell out of love with Rafe they just fell out of opposite sides during the whole WIll got Gabi pregnant storyline. And now we have Sami soon having words with Jordan. I have no doubt that as soon as Rafe and Jordan start to get close, Sami will be in their orbit telling Jordan she'll never have with Rafe what she had and still probably telling EJ how much she loves him.

S loves EJ

I think the writers were forced to write for Ejami, so they wanted to keep the option open for a safe reunion in the future, but that doesn´t mean it will happen I think it depends on how they think Ejami is working and if they can find an other storyline for Rafe or not.

james0479
Member Avatar

I can handle Rafe when he's not around Sami. I can tolerate EJ when he's with Nicole. Sami seems to be the issue for me.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Quote:

10/11.... Kate, Rafe and Jordan go to E.J. and Sami's engagement party; the party comes to a bloody end.

Boy, that trio really knows how to ruin a party. :P

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Daytime
Oct 5 2013, 06:56 AM

10/7, Rafe wonders why Kate is spending so much time with him
It's been obvious for awhile they were planning on going this route, but it's still a bummer to see this spoiler. Rate as fuck buddies was fine and even enjoyable. But I hate that they've reduced Kate to a he-gave-me-back-my-soul, hovering, desperate clinger, especially over a character like Rafe.

NYBlueDevil
Member Avatar

Daytime

10/7, Rafe wonders why Kate is spending so much time with him;
Me too buddy

mirabella

MissLola
I can't imagine why they would invite Rafe nor why he would go to something like that. Poor Rafe!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

tomsawyer
Oct 5 2013, 12:19 PM
Daytime

It's been obvious for awhile they were planning on going this route, but it's still a bummer to see this spoiler. Rate as fuck buddies was fine and even enjoyable. But I hate that they've reduced Kate to a he-gave-me-back-my-soul, hovering, desperate clinger, especially over a character like Rafe.
Agreed. Kate can do so much better. :shame: It's time for her to upgrade.

mirabella

tomsawyer
Oct 4 2013, 10:23 AM
MissLola
I read SOD and it's by accident. They are out at HTS and decide to grab a drink at the club.
That makes it a little more sense. I can't imagine why Rafe would be out at HTS but it is a shame that he is subjected to Ejami's engagement party. How utterly awkward!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 5 2013, 07:28 PM
tomsawyer
Daytime

Seeing as Kate has been married to Stefano and fuck buddies with Daniel and EJ over the last few years, I would say Rafe was quite an upgrade; however, it's more than past time for her and that storyline to move on.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

mirabella
Oct 5 2013, 07:35 PM
tomsawyer
Oct 4 2013, 10:23 AM
MissLola
I read SOD and it's by accident. They are out at HTS and decide to grab a drink at the club.
That makes it a little more sense. I can't imagine why Rafe would be out at HTS but it is a shame that he is subjected to Ejami's engagement party. How utterly awkward!
I think Rafe was probably released from the hospital for a few hours to have an evening out, and it's about damn time. It's ridiculous that he has been in that hospital bed since mid May when EJ was shot in the head and only spent about 3 weeks in the hospital, never had PT, came home, used a cane for two days, and..... voila.... he was A Ok.

Everyone ends up in HTS, so I see how they ended up there, but I agree.. it's too bad he had to be subjected to Ejami's engagement party. What a downer for your first time out.

mirabella

S loves EJ
Oct 5 2013, 10:14 AM
I think the writers were forced to write for Ejami, so they wanted to keep the option open for a safe reunion in the future, but that doesn´t mean it will happen I think it depends on how they think Ejami is working and if they can find an other storyline for Rafe or not.
I do agree that the writers were forced to write for Ej/Sami when they did not want to. It was clear they were writing for SAFE and had to change direction several times. Obviously, they want to keep their options open with both Rafe and Lucas because they may want to write for SAFE or Lumi sometime in the future.

mirabella

magicsteacher
Oct 5 2013, 08:06 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 5 2013, 07:28 PM
tomsawyer
Daytime

Seeing as Kate has been married to Stefano and fuck buddies with Daniel and EJ over the last few years, I would say Rafe was quite an upgrade; however, it's more than past time for her and that storyline to move on.
I couldn't agree more with every word of your post! Rafe is definitely an upgrade from any of those "men".

I absolutely agree that it is time for Kate to move on. She needs someone else and Rafe needs a younger woman who can give him children.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply