Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 7th; *updated 9/30*
Topic Started: Sep 24 2013, 11:06 PM (26,266 Views)
Ophelia
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Sep 27 2013, 09:16 AM
tomsawyer
Sep 26 2013, 11:50 PM
Keith
Sep 26 2013, 11:42 PM
Eric is stunned? Just stunned? Is stunned the only way to describe how...stunned Eric is?
Well, they also says he's shocked, so there's that.
What about flabbergasted or awe-struck? Any mention of those emotions? Cuz it ain't a party til flabbergasted gets there! :blulaugh:
Maybe there's a taser involved?

;)

Note: this would also work with "shocked."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Just read the article in the new SOD. Kayla gets irritable after JJ tells her that Jack was a better person than Daniel which lets him know she's hiding something. Abigail knows but doesn't tell him. So JJ tricks Adrienne into telling him the truth. Adrienne thinks he already knows. Then he confronts Jennifer who refuses to talk about it. So he goes home to the Horton house and finds the old files and reads Jack's testimony. Alone.

Fuck you very much Jennifer, you spineless, sorry excuse of a parent. :flipoff:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Sep 27 2013, 04:23 PM.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

Dr. Do me a patient isn't fit to lick Jack's feet, that orange perverted bastard!

lysie
Member Avatar

I can honestly say that this is the most frustrated I have ever been with discussion about this show.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Romancer66
Sep 27 2013, 09:18 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Sep 27 2013, 04:58 AM
annie21
Sep 26 2013, 05:14 PM
I don't know. I kind of like the fact that JJ has kept his cool and hasn't responded with physical violence when confronted and roughed up by Daniel. I would hate for that to change.

I agree but I wouldn't blame him for losing it after learning something so traumatic. Especially if his family isn't there to support him after the truth comes out - which wouldn't surprise me.
I have the sinking feeling that JJ is going to do something like trash a window display of Jack's book. As a heavy-handed symbolic gesture that he's repudiating his father's memory--and eventually opening his heart to the Orange Radiance of Dr. Daniel and Fetch's sacred love. :flipoff: Subtlety, thy name ain't TomSell.
Score! Watch the promo

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Sep 27 2013, 04:29 PM
I can honestly say that this is the most frustrated I have ever been with discussion about this show.
Why? Because the show is boring or because we aren't talking about Ejaumiafe?? Lol
Edited by LuvingLumi, Sep 27 2013, 04:46 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2013, 04:45 PM
lysie
Why? Because the show is boring or because we aren't talking about Ejaumiafe?? Lol
Neither. I do find those preferable though.
Edited by lysie, Sep 27 2013, 05:10 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 24 2013, 11:06 PM

Sami and EJ have a heated confrontation with Marge.

Go get 'em, Marge! :blulaugh: Posted Image

Kristen arranges for Marlena to be attacked by a thief.

Really, Kristen? Why would anyone believe Kristen wasn't behind it? :lol:

Wednesday ("Eric is Stunned")

Wha? The guy walks around constantly looking stunned.

Marlena discovers who was behind her attack;

You mean she didn't know instantly?

Eric is shocked when Daniel gives him clues about who poisoned him.

Dun dun dun duuun... red herring alert.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 27 2013, 04:22 PM
Just read the article in the new SOD. Kayla gets irritable after JJ tells her that Jack was a better person than Daniel which lets him know she's hiding something. Abigail knows but doesn't tell him. So JJ tricks Adrienne into telling him the truth. Adrienne thinks he already knows. Then he confronts Jennifer who refuses to talk about it. So he goes home to the Horton house and finds the old files and reads Jack's testimony. Alone.

Why does Alice have old trial files stashed away in her house?!?! That part of your summary made me go "huh? come again?". Even if I misinterpreted that & it actually means he researches them online, that also doesn't really make sense. Why would a case that old have its case files uploaded and in a place where they are available to everyone and anyone?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Sep 25 2013, 02:37 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Sep 25 2013, 01:37 PM
Yoryla
Sep 25 2013, 01:29 PM
So Daniel is just like that going to throw Nicole under the bus? Great, nice going for a woman who not only spent months trying to make up for what she did, but also has been the most vocal Dannifer supporter since Maggie. Yea, nice touch, Dan.

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason for Daniel to suspect Nicole of anything. She has spent the last year trying to change her life and has been the most vocal supporter of Daniel's intruding into Jennifer's life. Yet he's just going to toss her under the bus? What I can't understand is why no one in this town has thought to suspect Kristen. She is the obvious villain. I mean Marlena's son gets sick under mysterious circumstances and not one person looks at Kristen, Marlena's main rival? If Brady would start thinking with his bigger head maybe he'd connect the dots about Kristen being out of town the night Eric got sick.
I don't really blame them for not suspecting Kristen. I mean, for all intents and purposes, apart from picking out the scholarship program kids, Kristen and Eric are still pretty far apart from each other. Besides the Brady connection, they aren't *really* in each other's lives. Also, I don't think anyone could connect any of what is happening to Eric to Marlena. That would be far-fetched for anyone, on the same train of thought they could connect it to Roman, Sami, Carrie, etc. Whereas Nicole is basically the only woman who is in Eric's life constantly. Also most of the town either full out know or at least can see it in her, that she's in love with Eric. So I don't blame them for possibly suspecting Nicole.

What I do have a problem with is the amount of (non-)gratitude Daniel has. It applies to Kristen the same way as Nicole. Both of these women, especially Nicole, have gone out of their way to prop this couple, rooting for them to get back together whenever they were apart, and this has gone on, in Nicole's case, for a year, in Kristen's, over six months. So after all that, all this person can do is throw Nicole under the bus. Also, he has been really rude to Kristen, when he should have no reason to be.

I'm thinking Daniel is actually a woman-hater. He only likes a woman he can use, who can do something for him. He was totally rude to Theresa aswell, he's sniped at Maxine several times, of course Anne, he doesn't like Sami. Besides Jennifer and possibly Abigail I can't think of many women he likes.
To be fair... as much as Daniel annoys the hell out of me. They portray him as being a "good guy" who tells the truth as he sees it. If he finds evidence and believes it to be true I imagine he'll present it to Eric and Eric will believe it too. I'm sure it will be another DOOL contrived plot point, but we're assaulted with those daily.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

lysie
Posted Image

Dear lysie,

Thanks for not smiting us all. I know otters are customary, but all I have is a goat so here you go!

:grouphug:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 27 2013, 05:31 PM
LanaluvsBroe

Why does Alice have old trial files stashed away in her house?!?! That part of your summary made me go "huh? come again?". Even if I misinterpreted that & it actually means he researches them online, that also doesn't really make sense. Why would a case that old have its case files uploaded and in a place where they are available to everyone and anyone?
Alice kept a lot of strange things and secrets (deals with Stefano, etc) readily available for any plot point that can't be explained or justified. Thank god for Alice.

annie21

lysie
I'd be curious to know why.

You've mentioned that people are speculating when they should wait and see how it plays out. But this summary of the SOD article does seem to square with the view of those who were worried this is being brought up to make Daniel look better (or Jack comparatively worse) in JJ's eyes. The article says the whole subject comes up in the context of JJ saying his father is better than Daniel (comparison), which irritates Kayla.

As for speculating and worrying about what might happen, I've seen a lot of that here, so I'm not sure how it's different/worse now.
Edited by annie21, Sep 27 2013, 06:11 PM.

annie21

Rosebud
Sep 27 2013, 05:39 PM
Yoryla
Sep 25 2013, 02:37 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Sep 25 2013, 01:37 PM
Yoryla
Sep 25 2013, 01:29 PM
So Daniel is just like that going to throw Nicole under the bus? Great, nice going for a woman who not only spent months trying to make up for what she did, but also has been the most vocal Dannifer supporter since Maggie. Yea, nice touch, Dan.

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason for Daniel to suspect Nicole of anything. She has spent the last year trying to change her life and has been the most vocal supporter of Daniel's intruding into Jennifer's life. Yet he's just going to toss her under the bus? What I can't understand is why no one in this town has thought to suspect Kristen. She is the obvious villain. I mean Marlena's son gets sick under mysterious circumstances and not one person looks at Kristen, Marlena's main rival? If Brady would start thinking with his bigger head maybe he'd connect the dots about Kristen being out of town the night Eric got sick.
I don't really blame them for not suspecting Kristen. I mean, for all intents and purposes, apart from picking out the scholarship program kids, Kristen and Eric are still pretty far apart from each other. Besides the Brady connection, they aren't *really* in each other's lives. Also, I don't think anyone could connect any of what is happening to Eric to Marlena. That would be far-fetched for anyone, on the same train of thought they could connect it to Roman, Sami, Carrie, etc. Whereas Nicole is basically the only woman who is in Eric's life constantly. Also most of the town either full out know or at least can see it in her, that she's in love with Eric. So I don't blame them for possibly suspecting Nicole.

What I do have a problem with is the amount of (non-)gratitude Daniel has. It applies to Kristen the same way as Nicole. Both of these women, especially Nicole, have gone out of their way to prop this couple, rooting for them to get back together whenever they were apart, and this has gone on, in Nicole's case, for a year, in Kristen's, over six months. So after all that, all this person can do is throw Nicole under the bus. Also, he has been really rude to Kristen, when he should have no reason to be.

I'm thinking Daniel is actually a woman-hater. He only likes a woman he can use, who can do something for him. He was totally rude to Theresa aswell, he's sniped at Maxine several times, of course Anne, he doesn't like Sami. Besides Jennifer and possibly Abigail I can't think of many women he likes.
To be fair... as much as Daniel annoys the hell out of me. They portray him as being a "good guy" who tells the truth as he sees it. If he finds evidence and believes it to be true I imagine he'll present it to Eric and Eric will believe it too. I'm sure it will be another DOOL contrived plot point, but we're assaulted with those daily.
Ironically, they've portrayed Jack in recent years pretty much the same way.

I wonder if we'll ever find out anything about Daniel's distant past (other than his impregnating Carly one night at a medical conference and his marrying one of his patients (Rebecca)). That and surfing the world is pretty much all we know about him, right?

Romancer66

annie21
Sep 27 2013, 06:10 PM
lysie
I'd be curious to know why.

You've mentioned that people are speculating when they should wait and see how it plays out. But this summary of the SOD article does seem to square with the view of those who were worried this is being brought up to make Daniel look better (or Jack comparatively worse) in JJ's eyes. The article says the whole subject comes up in the context of JJ saying his father is better than Daniel (comparison), which irritates Kayla.

As for speculating and worrying about what might happen, I've seen a lot of that here, so I'm not sure how it's different/worse now.
Kayla is entitled to whatever she feels about Jack, whether it's positive, negative, or ambivalent. However, why should it irritate or even surprise her that JJ prefers his father to Daniel? Or that he thinks his father is a better person than Daniel? And it's not her place or anyone else's to change JJ's mind or heart about that. Time, maturity, and experience usually teach most of us that our parents aren't perfect, and some of them probably have their share of ugly deeds in the past, as Jack does. But Daniel isn't Kayla's brother, best friend, or particularly close to her in any way. He's a co-worker with whom she's on reasonably good terms, who's intermittently dating her (former) sister-in-law, period. So what's it to her if JJ thinks Daniel is a douche? I really don't like that the catalyst for Kayla flashing back to the rape appears to be JJ comparing Daniel unfavorably to his father, because it seems to validate many people's misgivings about where this story is ultimately headed.

Romancer66

deleted double post
Edited by Romancer66, Sep 27 2013, 07:16 PM.

annie21

LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2013, 04:44 PM
Romancer66
LanaluvsBroe
annie21
Sep 26 2013, 05:14 PM
I don't know. I kind of like the fact that JJ has kept his cool and hasn't responded with physical violence when confronted and roughed up by Daniel. I would hate for that to change.

I agree but I wouldn't blame him for losing it after learning something so traumatic. Especially if his family isn't there to support him after the truth comes out - which wouldn't surprise me.
I have the sinking feeling that JJ is going to do something like trash a window display of Jack's book. As a heavy-handed symbolic gesture that he's repudiating his father's memory--and eventually opening his heart to the Orange Radiance of Dr. Daniel and Fetch's sacred love. :flipoff: Subtlety, thy name ain't TomSell.
Score! Watch the promo
Yup, nail/head.

Just curious... has anyone in Salem actually read Jack's book? I would think that part of his memoirs about his time in captivity would include looking back on his life and reflecting on lessons learned. Since violence and its repercussions have been such a theme in Jack's life, you'd think there'd be at least one passage in his book that refers to it in some way.

Alas, we'll probably never know.

Kit-kat
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Sep 25 2013, 08:32 PM
MissLola
Sep 25 2013, 08:11 AM
I've said before that this whole story should not have been done without Jack. MA would no doubt put in an Emmy worthy performance. And a scene with him, MBE and CM addressing the issuee could have been gold.
Maybe. But I'm worried about Kayla's level of participation. People go on about Jack because they're disappointed he's not here for this. I don't blame them, but I have my own concerns about Kayla not being "here" for it.

I worry that she will be used briefly to provide angst for the Deveraux family, and then she'll be shoved aside like she always is, as though she's unimportant. This even though the rape happened TO her.

We hear Adrienne will be around, but will Kayla? Once she inadvertently reveals what happens, will that be the extent of her involvement?

I'll resent it if everybody else has their say and she doesn't get to provide any insight once the truth comes out.

Well said! Kayla not having a pivotal role in this would be horrible! I also think it would be great if Jack were around too.

Supergirlx2
Sep 27 2013, 05:31 PM
LanaluvsBroe

Mickey was Kayla's lawyer. Maybe he left files there??

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe

This. She knows her son is a powder keg, that he's stumbled onto something volatile and disturbing about the father whose memory has been his only source of comfort, and she does nothing to defuse the situation? Nothing to keep the crisis from escalating, until JJ is impelled to find out for himself without anyone to provide emotional support or any sort of context for what happened? Because while it's true that Jack raped Kayla, it's also true that he had made himself into a very different person by the time JJ was born. So who's going to explain to JJ how his father made the transition from what he'd been to the man his son remembers? I can see her holding back until she's had a chance to talk to Kayla about this, but if she has no intention of doing so and is just hoping the situation will magically go away if she clams up about it, then frankly, there's no defending her. Jen-Jen the Spineless Wonder strikes again!

Romancer66

annie21
Sep 27 2013, 06:47 PM
LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2013, 04:44 PM
Romancer66
LanaluvsBroe

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Score! Watch the promo
Yup, nail/head.

Just curious... has anyone in Salem actually read Jack's book? I would think that part of his memoirs about his time in captivity would include looking back on his life and reflecting on lessons learned. Since violence and its repercussions have been such a theme in Jack's life, you'd think there'd be at least one passage in his book that refers to it in some way.

Alas, we'll probably never know.

Really? Do I get a prize for sussing out the total predictability that is TomSell? Sadly enough, I wouldn't have minded being wrong about this... :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply