Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, Sept. 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 25 2013, 12:32 AM (5,485 Views)
DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 25 2013, 12:55 PM
Everybody is smart today... Cam is skeptical of Chad... Chad figured out EJ is doing Stefano's bidding b/c he freed Sami... Dan knew it was JJ. Thank goodness Brady will be on again soon to balance it all out.
:lol:

Daniel's "You haven't changed at all" to Chloe doesn't really gel with "How can you not trust me when I so clearly and unswervingly trust you??!". Kinda convoluted exchange, unsurprisingly. If the on-again-off-again angst isn't given a rest for real, those words become cheap. Apropos of nothing Nadia still has better chemistry with Shawn than Missy does, and I liked her dress.

JJ's got his smarts but what a reckless slip to break the picture, not to mention you can hear everything in apartment buildings (maybe just my apartment building ...). The Melanie lie was easily disprovable from the outset really, but it did buy time to get outta there which is something. I get scared whenever Melanie's name is mentioned. Anyway, wonder where JJ is going to sleep now.
Spoiler: click to toggle

EJ's most interesting relationship is definitely with his father.
Spoiler: click to toggle

I think Lilley plays Theresa's personality very well, and I really like how her dynamic with JJ is shaping up. By turns Theresa is aggressive and desperate, and JJ goes from being receptive to being sick of being used. I am appreciating also how Theresa's story has boosted the sense of the Bradys as an interacting family unit.

Cameron and Chad -- once again, some people only start to get interesting right as they're about to leave. Kayla telling Cameron to back off was nice simply because it's what would realistically happen, rather than her telling Cameron to go for it to get back the woman he loves and deserves, etc.

Is Jennifer supposed to be working from home? If that's what she does then why couldn't she just tell the staff that that's what she does? Also why specifically is Anne trying to crack Jennifer this time, she wants Jennifer's job? I was surprised when the show started actually mentioning Jennifer never being at work and I wonder if Anne's going to get Jennifer fired.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 25 2013, 12:32 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Lexie was such a slut during this storyline.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Rosebud
Sep 25 2013, 01:25 PM
When Stefano told Elvis that eventually he always gets what he wants, Elvis should have said, "Fatha you never got Marlener."
Samanther, Marlener.... :blulaugh: :blulaugh:

am103
Member Avatar

"I'm just supposed to send Parker back to the land of On-Again/Off-Again?" BOOM. Score one, Chloe.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Jack's book????????? I'm sorry, WTFery? It's been in post-writing production for over a year? And nobody has bothered to mention it throughout all this time? Talk about coming out of nowhere. Not surprised everyone had forgotten.

FINALLY a new day!!!!!

However, I believe I am only going to watch the EJ/Stefano/Chad scenes.

Chloe's return has been, as fully expected, and as last time, UTTERLY pointless. Please, do not ever bring her back again.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Sep 25 2013, 02:24 PM
Jack's book????????? I'm sorry, WTFery? It's been in post-writing production for over a year? And nobody has bothered to mention it throughout all this time? Talk about coming out of nowhere. Not surprised everyone had forgotten.
Not just WTFery, but Jack must have the world's most idiotic publisher. After the Days-aster, there must have been coverage of "Jack the hero." Any publisher with a brain sitting on a manuscript would have rushed the book to print and then promoted it with "He survived torment in Afghanistan, only to die a hero back home."

Sariah
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Sep 25 2013, 02:24 PM

FINALLY a new day!!!!!

However, I believe I am only going to watch the EJ/Stefano/Chad scenes.

Chloe's return has been, as fully expected, and as last time, UTTERLY pointless. Please, do not ever bring her back again.
The book thing is actually pretty accurate. I'll give you a personal example - the last book I gave to my publisher was in November 2010. It came out in May 2013. Almost three years, and that's NORMAL. It's not at all far-fetched that Jack would have a book coming out a year after his death - that's happened to a lot of authors (like one of my favorites, Maeve Binchy). Once a book has gone through the acceptance process, publication dates are typically set a year or two out to fit into the publisher's very heavy schedule.

PatNS
Member Avatar

LOL ... someone should tell Theresa that when asking someone for help you shouldn't call the person you're asking a loser and a jerk!

So now we're going to get Anne and Theresa teaming up ... oh yawn ... here we go again. Same old, same old.

Kayla looked beautiful today when she was over at Jen's. And I'm glad that she had that little talk with Cameron ... I understand Cam's concern but he does not need to back off.

This is what they brought Chloe back for ... seriously ... this! Why?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Chloe's return = completely useless!

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I thought NB was so protective of her character?! Why would she come back for this bullshit??!

OliveAnn

KweenBoda
Sep 25 2013, 03:29 PM
I thought NB was so protective of her character?! Why would she come back for this bullshit??!
Money? The possibility of keeping the opportunity for Chloe's comeback full-time open? The fact Days is the only show willing to give her even recurring employment with limited acting ability she's got?

Also, she's protective, but not enough to step in and say no to certain stuff. If she were, Chloe would've never been a prostitute.
Edited by OliveAnn, Sep 25 2013, 03:35 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

I saw Chloe 's
return as a way
1. to prop Fetch lol no surprise there
2. as a way to wrap up the Danloe saga, they have both moved on

waterlilly
Member Avatar

Four pages. This makes me sad. :(

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 25 2013, 01:40 PM
Rosebud
When Stefano told Elvis that eventually he always gets what he wants, Elvis should have said, "Fatha you never got Marlener."
Yeah but Neither does John anymore.
Exactly why Stefano should go after Marlena now. Instead all he cares about is cutting off penises and having his whole gang under his roof. :yawnz:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Sep 25 2013, 01:17 PM
Can someone put a muzzle on Theresa please? Uggh and did she really think insulting, blaming JJ is going to get him to help her?! What an idiot.
She really is an idiot. There is no depth to this lady. And I say lady because she looks like she's 35.

Keith
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 25 2013, 05:36 PM
Keith
Sep 25 2013, 01:40 PM
Rosebud
Yeah but Neither does John anymore.
Exactly why Stefano should go after Marlena now. Instead all he cares about is cutting off penises and having his whole gang under his roof. :yawnz:
Well, if Stefano insists on having the WHOLE family under his roof...

blueskies
Member Avatar

:headbang: I really hate what they brought back Chloe for, and as nice as it is to see her, I wish they hadn't brought her back for this.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I was going to post about today's show, but I can barely remember what happened. :shrug:

Ophelia
Member Avatar

am103
Sep 25 2013, 02:19 PM
"I'm just supposed to send Parker back to the land of On-Again/Off-Again?" BOOM. Score one, Chloe.
THIS should have been the entire conversational topic during Chloe's return. Not Fetch-propping, not another "but, Daniel, you're such a god" speech. Chloe could have easily heard from Anne about JJ's problems and been concerned enough about Parker getting caught in the crossfire that she asks him about what's going on. They could have talked like grown adults do when they're becoming friends again after a break-up. The lines about wanting the other to be happy could have come naturally. Nothing organic happened during that visit.

Although I ffwded through it when I'd finally had enough -- did Dan even reciprocate the wish that Chloe find someone to make her happy or was it all about how special snowflake Dan needed to find someone worthy of him?

It's bad enough that Chloe propped Fetch during the whole visit, but that "you haven't changed at all" line burned me up.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

In this thread: discussion about how hated Dannifer is and how beloved their former onscreen partners are.

In the Days in my head, Jack's book will be all about how he endured unimaginable horrors and trauma only to return to his wife and daughter treating him like crap. And it'll have a nifty little hypothetical tale about how to fake your own death when your brother recruits you into the ISA.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply