Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, Sept. 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 25 2013, 12:32 AM (5,410 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Another snooze fest of an episode... we are now batting 3 for 3, IMO. :sleep:

Thank you, sweet baby Jesus, for getting rid of those fucking awful outfits and starting a new day in Salem. I was beginning to think this was the never ending Salem day.

Poor Chloe and NB. Those scenes with Daniel were painful to watch.. they haven't had enough people propping Fetch, they needed to bring back an actor for two days to do if even more? :shame:

Theresa is beginning to get on my last nerve. Now, she and Anne are going to team up to get Jennifer... just like Anne and Chloe attempted to do a few months ago. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The only remotely interesting part of today's show were the Stefano scenes with him further berating EJ, and EJ acting like a cowering, snivelling puppy.

Seems like we are going in circles with many of these stories... move it on, writers. You are boring me to death. :sleep2:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Watching today's epi on soapnet...

Stephano is quite a piece of work. EJ didn't know what the hell he was doing. Now he's humbled and humiliated.

Just when I started enjoying Chabby, Chad messes it up by playing games. He doesn't deserve Abi.

Edited by bellajewel, Sep 25 2013, 07:45 PM.

Kriss4

I'll watch this when it comes on in a half hour.

I miss those summer days when I could watch live. I don't think my boss would understand me trying to watch it live now, though. I don't think six year olds would find it too engrossing either.
Edited by Kriss4, Sep 25 2013, 08:42 PM.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Kriss4
Sep 25 2013, 08:42 PM
I'll watch this when it comes on in a half hour.

I miss those summer days when I could watch live. I don't think my boss would understand me trying to watch it live now, though. I don't think six year olds would find it too engrossing either.
Nope. Six year olds wouldn't find it engrossing. Thirty year olds don't find it engrossing either... :sleep:
Edited by Sable Colby, Sep 25 2013, 08:46 PM.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

James was great today, acting humble for Stefano and shooting daggers behind his back, I love that we are getting EJAMI and that pull and tug dynamic between EJ and Stefano at the same time. Add in his haircut :wub2:

Kriss4

I don't know. I loved the first scene with Jen and Kayla.

Keith
Member Avatar

I will say that my favorite version of EJ was when he found John in the Mansion Frankenstein style and turned on Stefano. EJ and Stefano are far more interesting as adversaries, IMO. That said, forcing EJ under his roof is such an old-school Stefano move. His first fake will, anyone? It won't play nearly as interesting, but its a nice throw back.

Keith
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Sep 25 2013, 09:03 PM
I don't know. I loved the first scene with Jen and Kayla.
I *LOVED* that suit on Kay.

Kriss4

JJ's trying to get outta Daniel's.

Chloe, Daniel and Jennifer aren't "it."

Kriss4

Jen and Kayla are very good today.

Just stay away from Daniel, Jen, and you're good.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Don't like hardly anything that comes out of Dan's mouth but I did like him say It's not goodbye but see you soon to Chloe. Just for me if there is a next time that it's finally for Broe!

But damn Nadia is still drop dead gorgeous!

Kriss4

I like family drama, so I'm enjoying this part of the Jennifer/JJ story. I think it's pretty realistic.

Not only that, but I also enjoy friends touching base like Jen and Kayla did today.

I liked seeing Chloe. And Anne.

If only Daniel would disappear.

Edited by Kriss4, Sep 25 2013, 09:48 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

What a waste of Chloe. Gah.
EJ's haircut for the Pretty win!
Stefano OWNING EJ is my everything.
The unexpected mixture of different characters in various scenes was refreshing.
KAYLA
Cameron needs to be gone yesterday.
JJ and the Gang. I totally love them.
Still not interested in Teresa. How old is this bitch supposed to be?
Oh Jen, not at work again?
Hate hate hate Parker belonging to anyone but Philip.

Sweet and Salty

Man, CMo is a mini Sylvester Stallone! And I was about to shoot my TV thinking Dr. D was actually choking JJ!

Sweet and Salty

Not three minutes into the show and I hear the name Jennifer. "Jennifer is our Lives" is what I'm beginning to think the show is becoming. Sami who?

am103
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Sep 25 2013, 10:21 PM
Not three minutes into the show and I hear the name Jennifer. "Jennifer is our Lives" is what I'm beginning to think the show is becoming. Sami who?
I'm completely okay with Jennifer getting tons of screen-time as long as she stays away from Daniel. Her scenes with everybody else are great, in my opinion. Daniel sucks the life out of her.

Kriss4

am103
Sep 25 2013, 10:25 PM
Sweet and Salty
Sep 25 2013, 10:21 PM
I'm completely okay with Jennifer getting tons of screen-time as long as she stays away from Daniel. Her scenes with everybody else are great, in my opinion. Daniel sucks the life out of her.
This!

Jennifer's good in scenes with other characters. As soon as she and Daniel are together...as soon as he is the main topic of conversation for her with others...there's no life there somehow. No sparkle. Nothing appealing. But in scenes with JJ, or Hope, or Kayla, or Anne...even Theresa? She does well.

But then, they're all WITH Missy...responding. I don't sense anything between Missy and Shawn, really. I'm not saying they don't get along, or they don't like each other as people, but as acting partners, they don't respond to each other somehow. Every line, every expression...it's all by rote. There's no enthusiasm there...no enjoyment in their scenes. No sense that they're having fun, or putting something extra with each other that they don't add with others.

They really need to split that pair up. I don't see why they haven't yet.

Edited by Kriss4, Sep 25 2013, 10:38 PM.

Sweet and Salty

I LOVE JJ's smile!

am103
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Sep 25 2013, 10:34 PM
I don't sense anything between Missy and Shawn, really. I'm not saying they don't get along, or they don't like each other as people, but as acting partners, they don't respond to each other somehow.

The thing is, I DO see chemistry between Missy and Shawn. When Jennifer and Daniel first got together in 2011, I liked them. The actors clicked, and the writing was decent. But in the back of my mind, I knew that Jack was coming back and I knew that Dannifer wasn't endgame, so I suppose that's why it didn't bother me so badly.

Cut to the present. Jack is dead, killed off in an elevator shaft without a second thought, and it is CLEAR that the writers have absolutely no intention of ever bringing him back. Not only that, but Days has managed to make literally every female character on the show (Maggie, Chloe, Nicole, Abigail, Maxine, Kristen, Hope, etc.) a Dannifer WORSHIPPER. TomSell's Dannifer IS endgame, and I think that's why it is so hard to watch. You can even see it in the actors. The spark that existed between Missy and Shawn two years ago just isn't there now.

Daniel became intolerable for me when they made him Maggie's son. That's really what did his character in.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

bellajewel
Sep 25 2013, 07:23 PM
Watching today's epi on soapnet...

Stephano is quite a piece of work. EJ didn't know what the hell he was doing. Now he's humbled and humiliated.

Just when I started enjoying Chabby, Chad messes it up by playing games. He doesn't deserve Abi.

EJ is just playing along with :flipoff: Stefeno for now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply