Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Confidential interview with Kate Mansi
Topic Started: Sep 25 2013, 01:01 PM (1,516 Views)
LovinXtina
Member Avatar

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/09/25/interview-days-of-our-lives-kate-mansi-on-giving-up-birthday-for-charitywater-and-abigail
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

I totally never made the Eve/Jen connection to Theresa.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I'm glad that no mention of a recast of Chad or Cameron was made. I also really like the cause she's taken up, I don't know anything about the particular charity myself but it's good that she apparently has done her research.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Daytime Confidential are a bunch of ass kissing phoneys.

Quote:

DC: The Deveraux family turmoil is so relatable a mother who lost her husband, two young adults grieving a father, as their mom dates a new man. Have you had conversations with Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) and Moss about what it means to bring such a grounded storyline to daytime amid some of the more over-the-top sagas on the air?

Posted Image

Thank God we have the DR...the ones who ask REAL questions and don't sugar coat things in utter bullshit.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 25 2013, 02:06 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I feel bad now for trashing the DC when they just proclaimed this in Summer's 10 Worst Soap Couples:

Quote:

No. 2: Dannifer, Days of Our Lives

Daniel (Shawn Christian) and Jennifer (Melissa Reeves) may be the worst Days of Our Lives couple of the past decade, which is why we don't understand TPTB's fascination with them. One thing we will give the brass at DAYS, bringing on Jennifer's sexy, bad seed son JJ (Casey Moss) and making him hate the pairing as much as the audience does was a smart move.

Perfection!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 25 2013, 02:11 PM
I feel bad now for trashing the DC when they just proclaimed this in Summer's 10 Worst Soap Couples:

Quote:

Daniel (Shawn Christian) and Jennifer (Melissa Reeves) may be the worst Days of Our Lives couple of the past decade, which is why we don't understand TPTB's fascination with them. One thing we will give the brass at DAYS, bringing on Jennifer's sexy, bad seed son JJ (Casey Moss) and making him hate the pairing as much as the audience does was a smart move.

Perfection!
HA! This is so spot on! Not only for calling out the lameness of Fetch, but also calling out Days' continued fascination with them. At least with Ejaylor, the show realized pretty quickly how much they sucked. They just need to stop trying so damn hard to make Fetch happen. It's not going to happen!
Edited by tomsawyer, Sep 25 2013, 02:28 PM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 25 2013, 02:27 PM
Mitchapalooza
Sep 25 2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Perfection!
HA! This is so spot on! Not only for calling out the lameness of Fetch, but also calling out Days' continued fascination with them. At least with Ejaylor, the show realized pretty quickly how much they sucked. They just need to stop trying so damn hard to make Fetch happen. It's not going to happen!
Love it. It's too bad this isn't like the 90s when a reviled coupling would actually make the actors hate the writing so much they would leave the show (Shayla, anyone?). If only Melissa Reeves and Shawn Christian felt that strongly about their characters and how they are written.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

They also have this under Summer's Top 10 Best Soap Couples

Quote:

No. 2: EJami, Days of Our Lives
Days of Our Lives certainly took its sweet time in giving fans the couple we've been screaming for. Rejoice, EJamis, the wait is finally over!

Even with one half of the insanely-hot pairing behind bars for much of the summer, no couple in Salem crackled with brazen chemistry like trouble-prone Sami Brady (Alison Sweeney) and her dashing-yet-deadly British hunk-of-a-man EJ DiMera (James Scott).

We totally believed EJ when he promised Will (Chandler Massey) he would do anything to get his mother out of jail, but is it too much to ask that Elvis somehow manages to penetrate Samantha Jean through those bars beforehand?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DS1126
Sep 25 2013, 03:17 PM
They also have this under Summer's Top 10 Best Soap Couples

Quote:

No. 2: EJami, Days of Our Lives
Days of Our Lives certainly took its sweet time in giving fans the couple we've been screaming for. Rejoice, EJamis, the wait is finally over!

Even with one half of the insanely-hot pairing behind bars for much of the summer, no couple in Salem crackled with brazen chemistry like trouble-prone Sami Brady (Alison Sweeney) and her dashing-yet-deadly British hunk-of-a-man EJ DiMera (James Scott).

We totally believed EJ when he promised Will (Chandler Massey) he would do anything to get his mother out of jail, but is it too much to ask that Elvis somehow manages to penetrate Samantha Jean through those bars beforehand?
I spoke to soon :drunk:

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

jwsel
Sep 25 2013, 02:46 PM
It's too bad this isn't like the 90s when a reviled coupling would actually make the actors hate the writing so much they would leave the show (Shayla, anyone?). If only Melissa Reeves and Shawn Christian felt that strongly about their characters and how they are written.
In fairness times are financially tougher in general and there aren't as many other soaps around to hope for a job from in case you get sent packing.

On the topic of Kate Mansi, her pairing with Cameron also made DC's worst couples list. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for her beyond Cameron and Chad.

bomber
Member Avatar

Did anyone else raise an eyebrow at KM's statement about "having an entire family to work with"? Is she insinuating that Dr Douche is Abby's father figure? not that I'm surprised. KM seems to love Dannifer as much as Abby!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply