Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, Sept. 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 25 2013, 11:44 PM (7,334 Views)
LonePirate
Member Avatar

Congratulations to everyone who picked Thursday in this week's DR pool of when Daniel and Jennifer would break up this week. There's plenty of time to submit your guesses for next week's contest as they will surely reconcile and break up again next week, too.
Edited by LonePirate, Sep 26 2013, 06:12 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

How have we managed to go four consecutive episodes without Sami? Dare I check the spoiler thread to see if we can pull off the impossible and go an entire week without her?

Kinay

LonePirate
Sep 26 2013, 06:05 PM
I am so down for Anne and Theresa becoming besties.
I was hoping Theresa was going to ride off in the sunset with Biker Dude but no such luck. She and Anne are as useless and annoying together as they are apart.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Sep 26 2013, 05:56 PM
This asshole version of EJ is far more entertaining than the schmoopy version of him we have received for the past few months.
When has he ever stopped being an asshole? Schmoopy and assholery aren't mutually exclusive are they? ^_^

Kinay

Keith
Sep 26 2013, 06:01 PM
Kinay
Sep 26 2013, 05:54 PM
LonePirate
Sep 26 2013, 05:38 PM
Oh JJ is getting on my good side today by saying Daniel is not his father and never will be. It's too bad the rest of Salem doesn't have half the fortitude that JJ does when it comes to speaking the truth to Daniel .
What JJ doesn't have the fortitude to realize is that Dan is not trying to take his father's place and is not trying to turn his mother against him. JJ needs to find other excuses for his bad behaviour.
I don't think he's using Dan to excuse his bad behavior. At least not in today's episode. JJ has no way of realizing that Dan ISN'T doing those things, because neither Dan nor JJ have given one another a chance. Dan can say he's not trying to take Jack's place all he wants. It doesn't mean its not going to feel like that to a screwed up teenager. And JJ is valid for thinking that and having that opinion. All he knows was as soon as he blew into town and Daniel could see JJ was trouble, he's been trying to prove JJ was bad news to Jennifer. Not wanting to help JJ, who is clearly a troubled kid. JJ getting treated like a villain is just so wrong. Adults twice his age should be trying to see through the bullshit and help him fix his life without being overbearing. Daniel was okay today, if a bit heavy handed with a first date we never saw. But today was the first time Daniel or Jennifer even tried to see through the tough & trouble act. And CM showed that JJ was responding - but he has so many walls when it comes to Daniel and they came right back up, because he has zero reason to trust the guy.
Daniel also has zero reason to trust JJ after all the stunts he's pulled. Dan actually cut JJ more slack than he deserved right after breaking in his apartment with his stoner friends. I'm not a fan of Dr Dan but I don't believe it's his responsibility to fix JJ and neither is he to blame for the kid's troubles. I also don't see JJ as a villain, more like a bratty ass kid with a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully it won't take him as long as Theresa.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kinay
Sep 26 2013, 06:19 PM
LonePirate
Sep 26 2013, 06:05 PM
I am so down for Anne and Theresa becoming besties.
I was hoping Theresa was going to ride off in the sunset with Biker Dude but no such luck. She and Anne are as useless and annoying together as they are apart.
I don't mind Anne so much. She serves a purpose, and she's not on all the time, but Theresa is totally pointless and annoying.
Edited by Rosebud, Sep 26 2013, 07:54 PM.

jodi783

Kinay
LonePirate
Oh JJ is getting on my good side today by saying Daniel is not his father and never will be. It's too bad the rest of Salem doesn't have half the fortitude that JJ does when it comes to speaking the truth to Daniel .
What JJ doesn't have the fortitude to realize is that Dan is not trying to take his father's place and is not trying to turn his mother against him. JJ needs to find other excuses for his bad behaviour.
I totally agree! (to the dismay of most of the members on this site).

Keith
Member Avatar

Kinay
Sep 26 2013, 07:32 PM
Keith
Kinay
LonePirate
I don't think he's using Dan to excuse his bad behavior. At least not in today's episode. JJ has no way of realizing that Dan ISN'T doing those things, because neither Dan nor JJ have given one another a chance. Dan can say he's not trying to take Jack's place all he wants. It doesn't mean its not going to feel like that to a screwed up teenager. And JJ is valid for thinking that and having that opinion. All he knows was as soon as he blew into town and Daniel could see JJ was trouble, he's been trying to prove JJ was bad news to Jennifer. Not wanting to help JJ, who is clearly a troubled kid. JJ getting treated like a villain is just so wrong. Adults twice his age should be trying to see through the bullshit and help him fix his life without being overbearing. Daniel was okay today, if a bit heavy handed with a first date we never saw. But today was the first time Daniel or Jennifer even tried to see through the tough & trouble act. And CM showed that JJ was responding - but he has so many walls when it comes to Daniel and they came right back up, because he has zero reason to trust the guy.
Daniel also has zero reason to trust JJ after all the stunts he's pulled. Dan actually cut JJ more slack than he deserved right after breaking in his apartment with his stoner friends. I'm not a fan of Dr Dan but I don't believe it's his responsibility to fix JJ and neither is he to blame for the kid's troubles. I also don't see JJ as a villain, more like a bratty ass kid with a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully it won't take him as long as Theresa.
Oh, I don't think its Daniel's responsibility to fix JJ. But if he's not going to be part of the solution, etc. I mean, the guy's a dad. Today, I saw him act like one. He's not JJ's dad, obviously. But, up until now, Daniel has been acting as childish as JJ and he's at least twice the kids age. Throwing tantrums and giving Jennifer ultimatums without giving JJ a real chance. Any kid who isn't comfortable with his mom moving is gonna be a headache. If a guy wants to be with that lady, he's got to be willing to play ball. Daniel hasn't shown that willingness up until now. I thinking we're generally in agreement regarding JJ. Some write him off for being a brat. I'm like, kid's a teenager. Yes, he's 18 and technically an adult (which I have issues with writing wise but that's another story) but he simply has some growing pains to go through. And I find them refreshing.

Romancer66

Keith
Sep 26 2013, 08:16 PM
Kinay
Sep 26 2013, 07:32 PM
Keith
Kinay

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Oh, I don't think its Daniel's responsibility to fix JJ. But if he's not going to be part of the solution, etc. I mean, the guy's a dad. Today, I saw him act like one. He's not JJ's dad, obviously. But, up until now, Daniel has been acting as childish as JJ and he's at least twice the kids age. Throwing tantrums and giving Jennifer ultimatums without giving JJ a real chance. Any kid who isn't comfortable with his mom moving is gonna be a headache. If a guy wants to be with that lady, he's got to be willing to play ball. Daniel hasn't shown that willingness up until now. I thinking we're generally in agreement regarding JJ. Some write him off for being a brat. I'm like, kid's a teenager. Yes, he's 18 and technically an adult (which I have issues with writing wise but that's another story) but he simply has some growing pains to go through. And I find them refreshing.
Daniel has treated JJ like a rival for Jennifer's attention--his default reaction whenever he's faced with a male he doesn't like, I might add--and JJ has returned the favor in spades. Each has acted about as mature as the other. The difference is JJ's a teenager, and Daniel is almost three times his age. Ironically, if he'd taken the tack he took today from the very beginning--trying to engage one on one with JJ as a person, letting him know that Daniel wasn't trying to take Jack's place and that JJ was still important to his mother, not demanding instant acceptance but insisting on mutual courtesy and respect--he might have headed off at least some of JJ's hostility and destructiveness. Daniel needed to act like a grown-up far sooner than he did.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Angelsmile
Sep 26 2013, 01:38 PM
IHeartSoaps
Sep 26 2013, 01:16 PM
LuvingLumi
Sep 26 2013, 01:13 PM
Sevprince
Sep 26 2013, 01:06 PM
I will say this. Every crime is not the same. Motivation, circumstances and age matters. I personally see Gabi has a horrible person then Will when it comes their two crimes.
I agree that motivation, circumstances and age should matter too....so why are we dismissing what was Gabi's motivation...she wanted to get someone to notice her, someone she liked but that person was hovering around someone else....her motivation was to get someone to hurt HER, put HER life in danger, so that Chad could come running and that would create a division in his relationship with Mel. I think Gabi's motivation should matter....she hired a stalker to stalk HER, he managed to be a loon and went rogue and did whatever the hell he wanted....targeted Mel and the result was people died....but it wasn't like Gabi set it out that she wanted to kill Mel, so she hired Andrew to do it...motivation should be considered when it comes to that...circumstances too.......

Full blown adults have hurt people intentionally in this town and walk free....why should Gabi have to pay?
Did Gaby know that he had Melanie? self preservation trumps Melanie's life I suppose.
That is my real problem with Gabi. She is all about herself. I think the hiring of the stalker and all was juvenile, but I totally get that there was no harm to Melanie intended. However, once she knew Andrew had Melanie and what he was doing it was more important to her to protect herself than rescue her 'best friend'. She met Nick and liked him and then he told her he was against gay people. Initially she balked, but when it meant she might not be able to have what she wanted (Nick) she was willing to be with someone that was prejudiced against her 'best friend'. When she told Will she was pregnant he was adamant that she would not be alone and even offered to marry her. She came up with, researched, and told Will she wanted the abortion, but when it all came out she allowed Rafe and everyone else to believe that it was her 'best friend's' (Will's) idea. He was the one that wanted it. When her 'best friend' was being blackmailed by her boyfriend/husband she was willing to overlook it because it worked in her favor. Gabi's idea and treatment of friendship is and always has been my biggest problem with her and why I believe no one should trust her. She will do and allow whatever as long as she comes out looking innocent or gets her way.
Great post. I agree 100%.

Sweet and Salty

Big shot, tough guy Daniel. :puke:

Sweet and Salty

Yeah EJ! Bring the truth out of him!

Jason47
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Sep 26 2013, 06:14 PM
How have we managed to go four consecutive episodes without Sami? Dare I check the spoiler thread to see if we can pull off the impossible and go an entire week without her?
Just checked...This is the third time since April 2012 that Sami has missed 4 episodes in a row:

July 4/5/6/9, 2012.
January 25/28/29/30, 2013.
September 23/24/25/26, 2013.

If she misses tomorrow, this will be the first time she's missed 5+ episodes since March 8/9/12/13/14/15, 2012 when she missed 6 episodes.

Sweet and Salty

Oh! Here we go! JJaniel begin to bond! :blah:

Sweet and Salty

Oh LORD EJ is KILLING me!!

Dakotasmom

tomsawyer
Sep 26 2013, 01:26 PM
Angelsmile
Sep 26 2013, 01:06 PM
Sevprince
Sep 26 2013, 12:20 PM
Well when you have to deal with two psychos, who can blame them. In regards to them being judgmental.
Thank you. It is so amazing how they have become the villains for not falling at the altar of Nick. I would probably feel different if they were actually wrong. Nick is a psycho and Gabi is the type that will turn on a friend if it suits her needs.
I think WilSon has very obvious and valid reasons for not liking or trusting Nick, as well as Gabi when she's under Nick's influence. I don't begrudge them those feelings or being concerned. My problem is that I don't like how they are expressing those feelings or concern. They don't come across like friends who are worried about Will's baby mama. They come across like hypocritical, judgmental asses.
I totally agree. The condescension coming off of Will and Sonny was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I get why Sonny and Will have an issue with Nick, but when its taken to that level THAT'S when their connections and actions are looked into. I mean, I'm pretty sure Will will take little Arianna to see Grandma Sami (not exactly innocent) at Stefano's house. Are they good influences on a child? Morally superior to Nick? On Sonny's side, is Victor? It's one thing to voice concerns - they constructed a flippin glass mansion. When you do that, someone is bound to throw a stone or two.

Donovanfan

I lol at Anne busting Theresa's little game. If she uses Theresa to get back at Jenn, so be it; but if I were Anne, I would think twice. Theresa has no qualms about throwing anyone under the bus if it saves her skin. Anne could be Theresa's next casualty. It would be funny if T ended up inadvertently getting rid of Jen's nemesis.

camera shy

Theresa's voice just kills me and I mean that in a good way. She sounds like one of those old cartoons from the thirties........you know like Betty Boop? Since Betty Boop is still popular today I would love it if JJ started calling her Betty Boop. :D
Edited by camera shy, Sep 26 2013, 11:10 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Oh Eej, I truly enjoy when you behave like a total asshole like when you used Chad's secret to your advantage today. It was good seeing you for a bit, now back to the stupid schmoop.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

OK, just wanted to say that EJ was topnotch in today's episode, lol Hope to see more of this from EJ in the coming months :) I really like characters who can pull of devil and saint at the same time :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply