Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days stars speak out on CM Exit/GW Entrance; Michael Fairman Interview
Topic Started: Sep 26 2013, 11:20 AM (2,652 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Michael Fairman got some actor reactions to the Will recast situation.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-stars-speak-out-on-the-exit-of-chandler-massey-the-arrival-of-guy-wilson/2013/09/26/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

They all sound like they were pretty annoyed with how it happened, especially Camilla. But of the 3, she would probably have to make the biggest adjustments with a new baby daddy stepping in, lol. I can't imagine something like that happening to one of my close co-workers and then trying not to give my boss the stink eye the next day. I hope Guy didn't feel too much of the after shock.

Keith
Member Avatar

Camilla sounded the least professional. Casey, even though he's left, was like hey whatever. But then he never worked without Chandler. And Freddie was obviously toeing the company line. Camilla was outright pissed. She reigned in by the end of her comments, but still.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Aw man, that sucks. Yeah, it was sucky of CM to let them know about his departure at the Emmys, but I really hope his shitty exit wasn't done as retaliation.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lachelle73

Yes Camilla did sound the most upset but she can say those things she is leaving. Freddie is still there and he said he wants to keep his job. None of the other actors have said anything about what happened and I was shocked I thought maybe Deidre or Ali would have but nothing from either of them on the subject. I think it was bad the way it went down they should have handled it better for all involved. To tell someone like that you know it had to be hard for him but he has handled it like a gentlemen. Chandler is going to go far he is a good actor and he is very charismatic it would be something if he ended up on another soap. Love you Chandler wish him nothing but the best. I don't know about this new Will but we'll see.

lysie
Member Avatar

Um...the important thing to note here is that Camila doesn't like whatever they're filming.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 26 2013, 02:58 PM
Um...the important thing to note here is that Camila doesn't like whatever they're filming.
That caught my eye too! I wonder what's going on with Gabi now?

OliveAnn

lysie
Now watch her tape her final scenes three months earlier than planned.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
LOL, I got bored with the article before I even got to that part.

You know, I think CB has REALLY improved as an actress over the last year. She also strikes me as kinda whiny and annoying.

lachelle73

I thought she said her last daty was Jan 14 or 15th did that change?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^Maybe she sees that maybe the same thing that happened to Chandler is happening to her via the story that is airing now. If her last planned date was around mid Jan, if they don't pick up her last 13 week cycle, she would be leaving around mid October....certainly if she is not liking what is being filmed maybe it's because she sees the writing on the wall and they are about to send her character off earlier than she expected to be sent off.

Sevprince

tomsawyer
Sep 26 2013, 03:29 PM
lysie

She also strikes me as kinda whiny and annoying.
I saw that too but then I thought that I was projecting my hate for Gabi on her and I convinced myself otherwise. Not just in this interview but others too.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I wonder if they are killing off Gabi or turning her full on villain, which I would not like.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Sevprince
Sep 26 2013, 03:35 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 26 2013, 03:29 PM
lysie

She also strikes me as kinda whiny and annoying.
I saw that too but then I thought that I was projecting my hate for Gabi on her and I convinced myself otherwise. Not just in this interview but others too.
I actually like Gabi more than I used to. She's still not a fave, but she doesn't bother me now. But yeah, CB has been annoying in every interview I've ever read or heard from her.

michr544125

LuvingLumi
Sep 26 2013, 03:34 PM
^^Maybe she sees that maybe the same thing that happened to Chandler is happening to her via the story that is airing now. If her last planned date was around mid Jan, if they don't pick up her last 13 week cycle, she would be leaving around mid October....certainly if she is not liking what is being filmed maybe it's because she sees the writing on the wall and they are about to send her character off earlier than she expected to be sent off.
Hmmmm that is interesting to think about it. I didn't catch this the first time about her not liking what she's currently taping. She certainly doesn't seem to like the story she's taping and is visibly upset about Chandler's exit and isn't hiding it. I wouldn't be shocked if she was given an early exit, which would suck for her. I'm actually enjoying Gabi right now. I have always thought and now more than ever after today's show that what Gabi did to Mel comes back the fore-front and she loses custody of Ari or gives up her parental rights to Sonny. Or like Honeybees said maybe she dies and Sonny still winds up with custody. I think the idea was always for Will and Sonny to eventually be the sole parents to Ari because they are writing Will and Sonny very marital.
Edited by michr544125, Sep 26 2013, 05:52 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Hmm, I didn't get the sense that CB is unhappy with what she's currently filming. But, yep, she was definitely pissed over what happened to CM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

How out of the ordinary for those behind the scenes to do something like that.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Sep 26 2013, 05:53 PM
Hmm, I didn't get the sense that CB is unhappy with what she's currently filming. But, yep, she was definitely pissed over what happened to CM.
She and everyone else on the cast should be pissed. The Will story which CM embodied brought in new fans and tons of very positive press for the show, not to mention two acting Emmys. The Will story also likely contributed to the show's first Writing and Drama Series Emmy wins in decades. If the show so flippantly fires someone like him, they will do the same thing to almost everyone else on the cast. A move like absolutely destroys morale in any workplace and CB simply is not concealing her resentment over the lack of respect paid to the actors by the show's management. I don't blame her one bit. I wish AS was as vocal with displeasure over the move as she is probably the only actor that the show might listen to if she started complaining about CM's firing.

Carly
Member Avatar

michr544125
Sep 26 2013, 05:49 PM
I have always thought and now more than ever after today's show that what Gabi did to Mel comes back the fore-front and she loses custody of Ari or gives up her parental rights to Sonny. Or like Honeybees said maybe she dies and Sonny still winds up with custody. I think the idea was always for Will and Sonny to eventually be the sole parents to Ari because they are writing Will and Sonny very marital.
I totally think the storyline is headed in this direction. If it's true that Chad gets killed off, then Sonny will be much more likely to spill the beans about Gabi's role in "the Melanie thing." Currently, Sonny is keeping quiet because he doesn't want Chad to get in trouble for beating up Nick. But once Chad is dead, Nick and Gabi will no longer be able to use Chad as a viable reason for Sonny not to tell the cops what Gabi did to Melanie.

If Sonny does spill the beans, there would be a lot of fallout for Gabi beyond just possibly being sent to jail. For example, Abigail would be quite pissed that Gabi's actions indirectly led to Jack's untimely demise. (Even if Abigail doesn't care about Jack's death, JJ certainly will.) If Abigail decides to get revenge on Gabi, this would give Abigail a strong storyline after Chad and Cameron both exit the show. And if Abigail targets Gabi, this would put Abigail at odds with her cousin Nick. So, there's the potential for some good Horton conflict.

And if Will decides to sue for full custody of Ari, this would put Will's grandma Kate at odds with Gabi's brother Rafe. This could then dovetail with wherever the Kate/Rafe/Jordan storyline is going.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Even when I found Gabi full-on irritating, I was afraid the show would somehow get rid of Gabi so they can do a "look gays can be parents" story. (Kish fans may remember someone falling through some ice.)

I'm liking Sonny and Will as parents. I'm even liking that they aren't being portrayed as perfect in that they are right about Nick but clearly going about the situation all wrong. Their lack of maturity is affecting their decision making and it's leading to drama.

But it would be cool if they continued to have to deal with Ari's mother rather than conveniently have Gabi die, go crazy or go to jail. Narratively, it would also be convenient if Ari could be with the other parent or parents when Wilson or Gabi is doing something not parenting. (Give Caroline a rest!)

But my money's on Gabi dying, going crazy or going to jail and not being recast.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply