Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days stars speak out on CM Exit/GW Entrance; Michael Fairman Interview
Topic Started: Sep 26 2013, 11:20 AM (2,618 Views)
Sevprince

Honeybees
Sep 26 2013, 07:14 PM
But my money's on Gabi dying, going crazy or going to jail and not being recast.
That is the best way to go imho. Although I'm not as sure that is the way they are going to go. There is nothing interesting about WilSon constantly dealing with baby mama issue. I believe that Gabi is a dead weight.

I wouldn't mind her going off to dear mommy and taking Ari with her but from what I see, that baby is being treated as WilSon baby. Gabi is shown not that interested in her and constantly using her as a bargaining chip. I think that she was projecting on to Sonny today. She the one who sees Ari as cramping her style.
Edited by Sevprince, Sep 26 2013, 07:39 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Sep 26 2013, 06:26 PM
badaddiction
Sep 26 2013, 05:53 PM
Hmm, I didn't get the sense that CB is unhappy with what she's currently filming. But, yep, she was definitely pissed over what happened to CM.
She and everyone else on the cast should be pissed. The Will story which CM embodied brought in new fans and tons of very positive press for the show, not to mention two acting Emmys. The Will story also likely contributed to the show's first Writing and Drama Series Emmy wins in decades. If the show so flippantly fires someone like him, they will do the same thing to almost everyone else on the cast. A move like absolutely destroys morale in any workplace and CB simply is not concealing her resentment over the lack of respect paid to the actors by the show's management. I don't blame her one bit. I wish AS was as vocal with displeasure over the move as she is probably the only actor that the show might listen to if she started complaining about CM's firing.
I get what you're saying as far as free publicity and employee morale. But meh, I really have no sympathy for him.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LonePirate
badaddiction
Hmm, I didn't get the sense that CB is unhappy with what she's currently filming. But, yep, she was definitely pissed over what happened to CM.
She and everyone else on the cast should be pissed. The Will story which CM embodied brought in new fans and tons of very positive press for the show, not to mention two acting Emmys. The Will story also likely contributed to the show's first Writing and Drama Series Emmy wins in decades. If the show so flippantly fires someone like him, they will do the same thing to almost everyone else on the cast. A move like absolutely destroys morale in any workplace and CB simply is not concealing her resentment over the lack of respect paid to the actors by the show's management. I don't blame her one bit. I wish AS was as vocal with displeasure over the move as she is probably the only actor that the show might listen to if she started complaining about CM's firing.
AS won't be publicly vocal about anything negative concerning Days... she is too much a company gal to do that. She has said as much in several interviews.
Edited by magicsteacher, Sep 26 2013, 08:48 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Sep 26 2013, 07:37 PM
LonePirate
badaddiction
I get what you're saying as far as free publicity and employee morale. But meh, I really have no sympathy for him.
Me either. No sympathy for him, whatsoever. I get that it must have been a tough adjustment, but he wanted to quit. Days of Our Lives is first and foremost a business. The show has to work around this in a way that works for them. The whole idea of waiting until he wants to go and then taking a long break for Will so that everyone can get used to another actor - it doesn't make sense to me. This isn't some iconic actor. Far more memorable and popular actors on this show have been recast even more quickly.

JoeBucs32

My respect for CB just went through the roof after reading that interview. Not only does she honestly state that Chandler was treated horribly, so also admits that her storyline currently sucks!

Maybe if cast members could more freely speak about their characters and storylines without fear of being let go, the show overall would improve.

It is currently so boring it's ridiculous!

lysie
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Sep 26 2013, 03:30 PM
I thought she said her last daty was Jan 14 or 15th did that change?
Why do you think it changed? The article doesn't say anything about that. These interviews were done the same night as the ones we did.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I wanna know why everyone keeps saying that CB thinks her storyline sucks?? I don't see that anywhere at all.

lysie
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Sep 27 2013, 11:45 AM
I wanna know why everyone keeps saying that CB thinks her storyline sucks?? I don't see that anywhere at all.
Quote:

I am like, I really dont like this storyline and I dont want to go into work right now. But Guy reminded me that I am doing every day what I love.

OliveAnn

JoeBucs32
Sep 27 2013, 11:34 AM
My respect for CB just went through the roof after reading that interview. Not only does she honestly state that Chandler was treated horribly, so also admits that her storyline currently sucks!

Maybe if cast members could more freely speak about their characters and storylines without fear of being let go, the show overall would improve.

I actually think Camila was slightly unprofessional. Imagine that she's not an actress, but a waitress working at a restaurant. Reporters ask her about the food at her workplace and she says it's horrible. She'd get fired ASAP, people wouldn't go into the restaurant if a person working there claimed it was bad, meaning she wouldn't get a paycheck even if she weren't let go, and other employers would be hesitant to hire her because she has a history of shitting where she eats. It's the same with actors. Even if they absolutely hate a storyline, they must promote it. I know a lot of us get upset when Kristian Alfonso, Lauren Koslow or someone else praise a bad storyline, but what other option do they have? Speaking their mind and losing their job? Actors can only afford to make bad statements about the show in private. Publicly, they can only do so when they're no longer with the show, providing they're sure they'll never work there again. If they say, "The show I'm on sucks!", people will tune out, the show will get canceled and they'll find themselves out on the job market. And even if Camila is leaving, here's another problem: casting agents and producers look up people before hiring them. If they look up Camila and find that she flipped out over a recast at her previous job and made other negative statements, I doubt they'll hurry to give her the job.

The show wouldn't improve if actors complained. They don't have that much power. They aren't allowed to have that much power. That's up to critics and viewers only, unfortunately.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

They didn't have to work around the actor or rest the character, but telling someone in the morning that will be their last day...I think that's bad management except in cases where a person is causing issues. There should be a middle ground, I think. Tell them on a Monday, let them go on Friday. Or even a Wednesday-Friday.

So while I don't exactly have sympathy...I think it was a stupid thing for TPTB to do. Unless there's some weird legal/contractual issue they were worried about, like a lawsuit or something.

lachelle73

I don't think what she said was bad she was being honest and Blake also said it's hard to see Sonny (Freddie) with this new Will he's use to seeing Chandler you can tell by the tone they were surprised and they miss Chandler I miss him too.

JoeBucs32

OliveAnn
Sep 27 2013, 12:12 PM
JoeBucs32

I actually think Camila was slightly unprofessional. Imagine that she's not an actress, but a waitress working at a restaurant. Reporters ask her about the food at her workplace and she says it's horrible. She'd get fired ASAP, people wouldn't go into the restaurant if a person working there claimed it was bad, meaning she wouldn't get a paycheck even if she weren't let go, and other employers would be hesitant to hire her because she has a history of shitting where she eats. It's the same with actors. Even if they absolutely hate a storyline, they must promote it. I know a lot of us get upset when Kristian Alfonso, Lauren Koslow or someone else praise a bad storyline, but what other option do they have? Speaking their mind and losing their job? Actors can only afford to make bad statements about the show in private. Publicly, they can only do so when they're no longer with the show, providing they're sure they'll never work there again. If they say, "The show I'm on sucks!", people will tune out, the show will get canceled and they'll find themselves out on the job market. And even if Camila is leaving, here's another problem: casting agents and producers look up people before hiring them. If they look up Camila and find that she flipped out over a recast at her previous job and made other negative statements, I doubt they'll hurry to give her the job.

The show wouldn't improve if actors complained. They don't have that much power. They aren't allowed to have that much power. That's up to critics and viewers only, unfortunately.
On the contrary, many shows not only allow, but encourage the input of actors regarding their characters and future storylines. People who understand the creative process encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, regardless of a team member's individual title or role. When TPTB put forth a "know it all" attitude and proclaim "my way or the highway," creativity and originality is stunted, team members feel gagged, and things collapse.

I never said that CB acted professionally or unprofessionally. I said that I respect her now because she spoke out on behalf of a cast member who was wronged, regardless of the consequences to her professionally.

OliveAnn

JoeBucs32
Sep 27 2013, 01:51 PM
OliveAnn
Sep 27 2013, 12:12 PM
JoeBucs32

On the contrary, many shows not only allow, but encourage the input of actors regarding their characters and future storylines. People who understand the creative process encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, regardless of a team member's individual title or role. When TPTB put forth a "know it all" attitude and proclaim "my way or the highway," creativity and originality is stunted, team members feel gagged, and things collapse.

I never said that CB acted professionally or unprofessionally. I said that I respect her now because she spoke out on behalf of a cast member who was wronged, regardless of the consequences to her professionally.
Actors are welcome to say what they'd like to see happen, but they're not welcome to criticize the storylines given to them. There's a difference. Writers like to hear ideas, but they're too vain to hear that their storylines suck.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Maybe I'm reading between the lines a bit too much, but a few things jump out at me. First, CB makes it sound like CM knew it was his last day while he was shooting that Friday. She said she could tell something was up but CM could not tell her what it was. That doesn't sound like the rumor that CM was called in at the end of the day and sandbagged by being told "you're done, don't come back."

Also, as soon as the day was over, CM went public. So if CM knew at noon he was done, why couldn't he secretly tell the cast then, but he tweet it at 5?

Something isn't making sense to me, and I suspect there is more to the story, most likely involving the 13-week cycle and Guy Wilson signing. Specifically, CM's contract was sent to end in December. Letting him go when the show did would have dovetailed with 13 weeks before his contract end date. So the day he was let go may have been a deadline for the show to decide if it was going to release CM or not. And that decision may have been contingent on signing GW. Who knows the timing of all of this? CM could have known it was a possibility that he would be released, hence the behavior that CB sensed, but nothing was certain, which is why he couldn't say anything. And if GW's signing wasn't until Friday, Days could not let CM know for certain that he was being released before then. I guess I don't see how CM was wronged if that is how things played out, especially when he wanted to be released early from his contract.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply