Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, September 27th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 27 2013, 01:31 AM (10,919 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

Delete post
Edited by concerned, Sep 29 2013, 02:36 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 28 2013, 07:57 AM
concerned
Sep 28 2013, 04:06 AM
Celibacy never tells you you forgot the milk ?????

Is this an American saying??? What does it mean.

Confused.
You know I just got it seeing the words in print. Celibacy means you won't have any children telling you you forgot the milk. Considering Nicole's history, that's really sloppy writting.
That makes even less sense to me.

I always got the feeling Nicole wanted children.
I wouldn't have thought Nicole would see no children as a benefit.

It's a really weird odd line for her to say. Was she possibly supposed to say something else

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I don't get it either. Unless she meant being celibate meant you had nobody nagging you all the time, it's still an odd line

cockymom
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Sep 29 2013, 06:16 AM
I don't get it either. Unless she meant being celibate meant you had nobody nagging you all the time, it's still an odd line
I took it as she wouldn't have to deal with a man nagging her and telling her what she's doing wrong.

Ireland98

Best episode of the week! Finally Will got his backbone after all that Nick did to him. Sick of Sonny acting like a mini Daniel though. Sonny could've left Will at any time, but wants to throw Will's past actions in his face when he's lied about Gabi?! Digusting. Sonny and Daniel could have a competition for most sanctimonious.
EJ and Kristen scenes were enjoyable, especially knowing that Eileen will be leaving soon (sadly).
Edited by Ireland98, Sep 29 2013, 05:56 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Dear EJ,
Please get a new barber.

Thanks from all of us.

krissy-k

I wonder if Sonny's shirt is reserved for days when Will and Sonny fight considering that is the same shirt he was wearing when he kicked Will out of his apartment last year on Halloween.

mollymay

concerned
Sep 29 2013, 01:22 AM
mollymay
Sep 28 2013, 08:14 PM
gailwinters
Sep 28 2013, 07:27 PM
I just got to watch this episode. I loved the EJ and Kristen scenes. I'm going to miss those so much.

I don't like the Chabby story. Chad really cares about Abby, and I hate that she's obviously going to be jealous about Cameron and Gabi. If she wanted to be with Cameron, why isn't she? It's not like Chad forced her to be with him. Casey and Kate have a lot of screen presence and I could have really gotten into their pairing, but what's the point when I know Casey is leaving?

Something felt off to me about the EJ and Nicole scenes. The zingers fell flat.....almost felt like filler.
Right there with you Gail. I usually like the chemistry Ari & James have as enemies, but this time there was nothing. It was so boring.

Love Kristen & EJ! I'm so going to miss her calling him "Eeeejjjjjj"!
I just felt she was finally treating him with the disdain and loathing he so richly deserves.
Yes and he was treating her like some bug he trying to scrape off his shoe.

Point being even the enemy chemistry is gone now so there's no reason to keep annoying us with scenes between them.

lysie
Member Avatar

mollymay
Sep 29 2013, 10:20 PM
concerned
mollymay
gailwinters
Sep 28 2013, 07:27 PM
I just got to watch this episode. I loved the EJ and Kristen scenes. I'm going to miss those so much.

I don't like the Chabby story. Chad really cares about Abby, and I hate that she's obviously going to be jealous about Cameron and Gabi. If she wanted to be with Cameron, why isn't she? It's not like Chad forced her to be with him. Casey and Kate have a lot of screen presence and I could have really gotten into their pairing, but what's the point when I know Casey is leaving?

Something felt off to me about the EJ and Nicole scenes. The zingers fell flat.....almost felt like filler.
Right there with you Gail. I usually like the chemistry Ari & James have as enemies, but this time there was nothing. It was so boring.

Love Kristen & EJ! I'm so going to miss her calling him "Eeeejjjjjj"!
I just felt she was finally treating him with the disdain and loathing he so richly deserves.

Point being even the enemy chemistry is gone now so there's no reason to keep annoying us with scenes between them.
Eh. I don't think they have chemistry of any kind, but they live in the same town and are both on the show, so there's no reason to stop them from having scenes altogether.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 29 2013, 10:23 PM
mollymay
concerned
mollymay

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Eh. I don't think they have chemistry of any kind, but they live in the same town and are both on the show, so there's no reason to stop them from having scenes altogether.
But there's no reason to put them in a scene just because they're both on the show. I think that may be my problem with these scenes - they felt forced, like they stuck them in a scene just to stick them in a scene. The vibe was off for me.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Sep 29 2013, 11:00 PM
lysie
Sep 29 2013, 10:23 PM
mollymay
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

But there's no reason to put them in a scene just because they're both on the show. I think that may be my problem with these scenes - they felt forced, like they stuck them in a scene just to stick them in a scene. The vibe was off for me.
I agree that it felt forced that EJ was even there, but otherwise I don't think it was an issue. I don't think it was a big deal.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Not Amused

I don't think the Ejole scenes came across as forced or contrived. I think its contrived that the show felt the need to cut off all their connections and limits their interactions to just a few times a year. I'd enjoy seeing them interact more.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

DaraFan
Sep 29 2013, 11:13 PM
I don't think the Ejole scenes came across as forced or contrived. I think its contrived that the show felt the need to cut off all their connections and limits their interactions to just a few times a year. I'd enjoy seeing them interact more.
Why would they interact more though? They are not friends or share any family bonds, with exception of Mar/Dar era, Nicole has never been someone EJ turned too unless it was to use her for something Sami related and that is out of question now.

Quote:

Totally agree with this.

Not Amused

IHeartSoaps
Sep 29 2013, 11:25 PM
DaraFan
Sep 29 2013, 11:13 PM
Why would they interact more though? They are not friends or share any family bonds, with exception of Mar/Dar era, Nicole has never been someone EJ turned too unless it was to use her for something Sami related and that is out of question now.

Quote:

Totally agree with this.
They're both interested in Brady twins and could at some point be married into the same family,
Just thought I'd throw that one out there. :blulaugh:

concerned
Member Avatar

She works for his fiances twin brother.
She is close friends with his sisters fiancÚ
She was the step mother of his children.
Her brother is his sisters husbands son.
She is his ex employee.
He knows how she likes her cocoa.

I have lunch with people I have less connections to that that.
Sometimes it is beneficial to associate with people you aren't related to.
Edited by concerned, Sep 29 2013, 11:43 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Why should they interact more.

Because some of us find it entertaining.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 29 2013, 11:42 PM
She is his ex employee.

His fiance hates her.
He hates his sister's fiance.
His kids are with their real parents now, no need for the interlopers.
He does not even know her brother.
And he seems to care less about the rest.

The limited interactions is par on course IMO with their relationship dynamic; to EJ, Nicole was someone who filled Sami's void, now that he has the real deal, well :D

concerned
Member Avatar

IHeartSoaps
Sep 29 2013, 11:50 PM
concerned
She is his ex employee.

His fiance hates her.

The limited interactions is par on course IMO with their relationship dynamic; to EJ, Nicole was someone who filled Sami's void, now that he has the real deal, well :D

If all that is true why does it matter if they share a couple of scenes every now and then so the tiny sub section of the audience who prefer that dynamic can be entertained.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 29 2013, 11:59 PM
IHeartSoaps
Sep 29 2013, 11:50 PM
concerned
She is his ex employee.

His fiance hates her.

If all that is true why does it matter if they share a couple of scenes every now and then so the tiny sub section of the audience who prefer that dynamic can be entertained.
:ermm: They are sharing scenes every now and then and I am not touching fanbases and what they want, just my opinion on the characters themselves.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

With the contempt vibe EJ and Nicole are more entertaining than Cameron and anyone. That guy is a waste of digital memory.
Edited by mer4santo, Sep 30 2013, 12:04 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply