Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, September 27th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 27 2013, 01:31 AM (10,761 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Sep 27 2013, 07:29 PM
I don't think we're supposed to be sympathetic to Will today - I think we're supposed to be frustrated that Will is completely mishandling a situation where he's pretty much in the right (as in Nick is nuts) but is making matters far worse rather than better.

However, I expect nothing less from the son of Sami Brady and I would be irritated if they wrote Will as completely emotionally mature. I do wish they'd bring Marlena fully into the story, but she'd probably end the story as she'd give Will good advice and he'd probably follow it.

Will sometimes manages to find his inner Marlena - like when he made peace with Brent - but that was only after weeks of irrational over sensitivity. Will isn't narcissistic like his mother, as he legitimately wants the best for Ari, but he's his mother's son in terms of acting out on pure emotion.
I can get behind what you're saying because his approach to Gabi was definitely Adrianne like, which is all kinds of ironic.

But then again, his bad approach inadvertently accomplished his goal. Although Gabi has known deep down since the night of the club opening that she's grown beyond Nick, her loneliness and horniness was overshadowing that realization. Will's poking the bear (Nick) so to speak allowed her see that Nick is headed in the wrong (mental?) direction, hence the he and she have changed. And in the end, she defended Will and basically said he was right to be concerned.

Now, when it comes to his approach to Sonny - at least judging by that short scene, especially Sonny's facial expression while sitting on the bench - I would say yes, Will was supposed to look unsympathetic.
Edited by badaddiction, Sep 27 2013, 09:44 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Oh, yeah, something I forgot to mention, BB, CB, and CM were all on fire during their scenes. CB has improved exponentially. She was able to hold her own with those two guys who were clearly (at least to me) relishing the hell out of those scenes. Bravo!/Brava! To all three.

Sweet and Salty

Nicole: "Checking to see if I've been dipping into the communion wine?" :rolleyes:

Sweet and Salty

Definitely wardrobe improvement! I love Nicole's outfit! Gabi's too, for that matter.

The jewelry on the other hand....did anyone notice the God-aweful ring Kristen had on? :x
Edited by Sweet and Salty, Sep 27 2013, 10:48 PM.

Sweet and Salty

:roflol: EJ: "It shouldn't be very hard to keep Brady in the dark. He's not exactly the quickest of cats." :roflol:

Sweet and Salty

EJ is charming again today. :wub2:

concerned
Member Avatar

Lori
Sep 27 2013, 12:49 PM
Ejole!
What?????

concerned
Member Avatar

Nice transference ej. I'm pretty sure the deleterious effect on Nicole's life was more a combined Daniel elvis collaboration. Eric's just picking up the pieces.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Sep 27 2013, 10:58 PM
EJ is very charming.

concerned
Member Avatar

Dammit I hate it when a new nail polish colour crisis gets in the way of a good scolding.

Anyway happy to see the epiphany has landed.
Edited by concerned, Sep 28 2013, 03:54 AM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Sep 27 2013, 06:04 PM
Laufeyson
Sep 27 2013, 12:33 PM
^^^^ Hahaha
I concur.Lone Pirate is on fire today and I am only on page(2).Cannot wait to see what comes next.
I loved the :flipoff: Kristen EJ scenes also.Kristen acted
like Fideo when EJ asked about Brady.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

MissLola
Sep 27 2013, 06:23 PM
Ej's hair sort of looks like a twist on the Chelsea cut that was once popular on the punk scene... among woman.
I wish EJ would let his hair grow out like it was
in 2007.I love the tossle though

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Sep 27 2013, 06:28 PM
badaddiction
Sep 27 2013, 02:36 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 27 2013, 02:34 PM
La_Laa
Sep 27 2013, 02:29 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
LOL. People on DR bitch CONSTANTLY about all sorts of couples, characters, actors, clothing, hairstyles, lighting, hand gestures, ways of walking, etc., etc., etc. It's the way we roll.
LOL, you beat me to it. As an EJami, I feel the poster's "pain." But, eh, if I can look over the absolute contempt for my pairing, then...
And see, although she loves EJami I know I can find people here who despise them. And yet, we all get along. I've been on some boards where you express an opinion that isn't the popular one and they'll run you right outta town.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." -Plato
That Salem Spectator is a nasty board.Its the Administrator.
She asked me a question then got mad when I answered it.

concerned
Member Avatar

Celibacy never tells you you forgot the milk ?????

Is this an American saying??? What does it mean.

Confused.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Sep 27 2013, 09:29 PM
Honeybees
I don't think we're supposed to be sympathetic to Will today - I think we're supposed to be frustrated that Will is completely mishandling a situation where he's pretty much in the right (as in Nick is nuts) but is making matters far worse rather than better.

However, I expect nothing less from the son of Sami Brady and I would be irritated if they wrote Will as completely emotionally mature. I do wish they'd bring Marlena fully into the story, but she'd probably end the story as she'd give Will good advice and he'd probably follow it.

Will sometimes manages to find his inner Marlena - like when he made peace with Brent - but that was only after weeks of irrational over sensitivity. Will isn't narcissistic like his mother, as he legitimately wants the best for Ari, but he's his mother's son in terms of acting out on pure emotion.
I can get behind what you're saying because his approach to Gabi was definitely Adrianne like, which is all kinds of ironic.

But then again, his bad approach inadvertently accomplished his goal. Although Gabi has known deep down since the night of the club opening that she's grown beyond Nick, her loneliness and horniness was overshadowing that realization. Will's poking the bear (Nick) so to speak allowed her see that Nick is headed in the wrong (mental?) direction, hence the he and she have changed. And in the end, she defended Will and basically said he was right to be concerned.

Now, when it comes to his approach to Sonny - at least judging by that short scene, especially Sonny's facial expression while sitting on the bench - I would say yes, Will was supposed to look unsympathetic.
Oh boy Gabi is thinking about cutting :flipoff: Nick loose.
Nick is thinking about taking Gabi away.Gabi better
go along with Nick plan.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Sep 27 2013, 10:58 PM
He's better when Sami's not on.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kristen saying "Fatha" to EJ, bah!

MissLola
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 28 2013, 03:51 AM
Nice transference ej. I'm pretty sure the deleterious effect on Nicole's life was more a combined Daniel elvis collaboration. Eric's just picking up the pieces.
Nicole's life was a mess long before she ever met either Ej or Dan. Ultimately she is responsible for her own poor choices and their unfortuntate consequences.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Sep 27 2013, 09:29 PM
Honeybees

I appreciate that they aren't writing Gabi as totally naive and clueless. I do think she's susceptible to Nick's charms at time and at times hasn't been, and I actually don't think that's coming off as contradictory because that's how people are with exes that they still have affection for and it's definitely how people are in abusive/controlling relationships. I don't think she's done with Nick. She's also being written as in over her head.

And I still appreciate that Will isn't handling the situation well. I don't find it out of the blue - he's an emotional and insecure character on his worst days - and his protectiveness of Ari and strong resentment of Nick is getting the better of him and even causing tension with Sonny. It all seems to make sense. Also, it's one thing to forgive Nick in the abstract, it's another thing to know that Gabi is still involved with him and Nick clearly has designs on being stepdaddy to Ari again.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Sep 27 2013, 10:56 PM
:roflol: EJ: "It shouldn't be very hard to keep Brady in the dark. He's not exactly the quickest of cats." :roflol:
Hmm, pot meet kettle there, Elvis?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply