Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Weekly Preview 9/30/13
Topic Started: Sep 27 2013, 04:12 PM (4,864 Views)
IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-93013/n41191/#.UkXzbwOI0ds.twitter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

OMG a legit flashback!

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I despise Tomlin and Corday. There was NO reason for this crap. All they want to do is pimp out Dr. Dan and GAGGIFER. They should be ashamed of themselves. :flipoff:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

You know this can turn into a semi watchable story if JJ develops this hate for Jack and he turns up alive. Do it show, bring Jack back

supercool74
Member Avatar

Dammit. While I like that they are FINALLY going to go there(it's about fucking time), this is going to really piss me off. Why can't Jack actually be around for this? And now JJ is going to be all pissed off and hate his dad now? Great. The one person who actually had a voice for Jack fans is now going to turn against him. I don't care how much these writers try to make me dislike Jack, and bow to the alter of Daniel. It just ain't gonna happen. Ever. I really, really wish Jack was back on the show if they are going to bring this all up.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I do not want Jack back with Tomlin in control. Tomlin is a hack who has a hard on for the character of Drl. Dorito. The utter character destruction and now bringing up an assault that happened in the 80's? No other purpose but to make J.J end up kissing Dr. Dorito's ass when it's all over.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Seriously, this is pretty low, so it is as I thought they pulled up a 30-year old story for this, hmm not cool.

lysie
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Sep 27 2013, 04:29 PM
Seriously, this is pretty low, so it is as I thought they pulled up a 30-year old story for this, hmm not cool.
I think it's awesome when they bring up old stuff. What's the point in being on the air 50 years if you can't reference history?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I don't see how having Jack back would help JJ not hate him for what he did? Jack raped Kayla. There's no justification, no "other side", and no explanation behind his assault. And there shouldn't be.

I'm not too fond of the fact that this storyline is skating on the fringes of Fetch break/makeup #267253625362, but if the writers can somehow keep this story about JJ, Kayla, Jack, and Jennifer (ONLY THEM) then I wouldn't mind seeing how everything plays out
Edited by Panda Panda, Sep 27 2013, 04:34 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Sep 27 2013, 04:31 PM
The Scorpion
I think it's awesome when they bring up old stuff. What's the point in being on the air 50 years if you can't reference history?
Yeah I'd agree but it feels like they are only using it for plot.. To get JJ to see Dan in a new light since his father, who he idolizes did something so horrible.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

This isn't about J.J his mother or Abby..it's all about how Dr Dan is a better man than Jack ever was and now that J.J knows that he can bow down at the great Dr's feet along with everyone else in Salem. These writers aren't capable of writing a complex storyline. In the end it's all about GAGGIFER, the 'power' couple of Salem. :drunk:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Panda Panda
Sep 27 2013, 04:32 PM
I don't see how having Jack back would help JJ not hate him for what he did? Jack raped Kayla. There's no justification, no "other side", and no explanation behind his assault. And there shouldn't be.

I'm not too fond of the fact that this storyline is skating on the fringes of Fetch break/makeup #267253625362, but if the writers can somehow keep this story about JJ, Kayla, Jack, and Jennifer (ONLY THEM) then I wouldn't mind seeing how everything plays out
I didn't say he'd stop hating himNo but at least we'd get Jack back and he'd share scenes with everyone, lol

Sevprince
Member Avatar

Bringing this up as its own story is fine. Bringing it up so JJ can change his attitude towards Dan and except him is not fine.
Edited by Sevprince, Sep 27 2013, 04:38 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

I actually like this promo. I might have reservations about how this is going to be handled and what it's going to lead to but the premise is a good one. And I also do like that real history is being used not some contrived and reconstructed history.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

It looks like Casey Moss is going to give a good performance. As long as this is about him and his family I am looking forward to it. Fingers crossed that Daniel is not involved. :ermmmm:

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2013, 04:35 PM
lysie
The Scorpion
Yeah I'd agree but it feels like they are only using it for plot.. To get JJ to see Dan in a new light since his father, who he idolizes did something so horrible.
Maybe they are. Even so, it makes sense. Whether Daniel exists or not, it SHOULD make JJ see his dad in a new light. Every kid has to have a realization that their parents aren't who they thought they were at some point. I'm glad JJ's realization is onscreen instead of offscreen like Abby's apparently was. AFAIC, this is about JJ. I'm sure there will be an eventual tie in to Daniel sooner rather than later, but Daniel's in a completely different story right now and the true fallout of this is going to be with JJ...at least for the next couple of weeks.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

lysie
The Scorpion
Yes of course it is good to make use of old stuff history, but this is not cool or rather it feels like bullshit, I can not see that this will be about compelling drama I see it more like the writers has an agenda with this stuff.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

The PTB really didn't have to bring up old history destroying JJ's faith in his father. :ermm:

supercool74
Member Avatar

Panda Panda

I don't think that's the point of having Jack back. It wouldn't keep JJ from hating him, but that is where the drama comes in. I just think having this story without Jack being involved at all is ....just wrong. It's going to all be about Daniel, and how JJ starts to accept him. That isn't at all what this should all be about. But I don't know any other reason to bring this all up when one of the key characters isn't even around. To me, it is a waste of a story without Jack. Sure, it might be a good story for a day or two, but if Jack were actually around....they could milk it for a whole lot more than what it will probably end up being.

lysie
Member Avatar

supercool74
Sep 27 2013, 04:43 PM
Panda Panda

I don't think that's the point of having Jack back. It wouldn't keep JJ from hating him, but that is where the drama comes in. I just think having this story without Jack being involved at all is ....just wrong. It's going to all be about Daniel, and how JJ starts to accept him. That isn't at all what this should all be about. But I don't know any other reason to bring this all up when one of the key characters isn't even around. To me, it is a waste of a story without Jack. Sure, it might be a good story for a day or two, but if Jack were actually around....they could milk it for a whole lot more than what it will probably end up being.
The complaint would still be that it's all about Daniel even if Jack were there. Jack being there wouldn't affect that one little bit. It would affect other things, but not that. If they were misrepresenting the history, I could empathize with the outcry over this. But they're not. This is what happened and it's what happened whether Jack is alive or dead. The drama comes not from Jack having to defend himself but from his son learning the truth. And that's what we're getting at this point.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply