Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cynthia Watros Joins Y&R!
Topic Started: Sep 27 2013, 07:04 PM (5,167 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Cynthia Watros, best known for playing the psychologist Libby on ABCs Lost, will begin recurring on CBS The Young and the Restless in November. Shell play a character named Kelly who will have a profound influence on the lives of several characters, including Billy, Victoria and Chloe.

Watros started work on the sudser today in Los Angeles.

The actress is well known for playing a survivor on Lost who was in the tail section of the plane. (She also was a love interest for Hurley). But Watros began her career in daytime: from 1994-98, she appeared on The Guiding Light as Annie Dutton Banks, a role that earned her a Daytime Emmy.

In 1998, she took over the role of Victoria Hudson McKinnon on Another World while star Jensen Buchanan was out on maternity leave.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/27/lost-actress-joins-young-and-the-restless-exclusive/
Edited by Daytime, Sep 27 2013, 07:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

For some reason I feel apprehensive every time I read a casting announcement from Y&R. I liked her on GL but this show really doesn't need any more new characters, recurring or otherwise.

Mason
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Sep 27 2013, 07:23 PM
For some reason I feel apprehensive every time I read a casting announcement from Y&R. I liked her on GL but this show really doesn't need any more new characters, recurring or otherwise.
Completely agree, but for Cynthia Watros, who I never thought I would see on a soap again, I'd give them a pass. The downside for me is that now I'll have to start watching Y&R again solely for her scenes.

Serenity 808

Funny- I just stopped recording Y&R after two weeks of trying get back into it after a 3-year break, and now I'll have to start watching again. I'm thrilled Cynthia is back on TV, as she was terrific during her last two years on GL.

cscarly

not true at all she best known as annie Dutton on gl never even heard of the other show

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I never really watched GL but was thrilled when she filled in for Jensen on AW and always wished she could have just taken the role over completely. I detested Jensen with a passion. I also liked Cynthia when she was on the short lived comedy Titus. I may tune back into Y&R to see her. I haven't watched in forever though.

LPS
Member Avatar

If she is going in the storyline that is rumored to be coming up, I'll pass. Dead children don't entertain me.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

She's one of the best actresses. Love her!

natdot99
Member Avatar

:shrug:

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Ah man, I hope the rumor about Delia getting killed isn't true! Another child dying and causing the guilt train to run over Billy because he bought her that dog..........that's just the wrong message to send out to people about having a pet and why, so Adams son can see? Just don't like it at all. And why would Neil start drinking again because of Hillary? Just stupid and wrong to go either direction!

Now bringing back Phyllis or at least just having hope she's coming out of the coma would be good........that'll make Sharon squirm and going even more off her rocker :boobs:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yeah, Delia getting killed is just not cool. A teen in a wreck is one thing, or a drowning, but a young girl child, nuh uh. There are many babies that die that could donate eyes for Connor.
As for Phyllis waking and scaring the confession out of Sharon, bring it on!!
I want them to notice that she moved and tell Avery before she leaves. Tell her not to say anything so that others don't get their hopes up. Telling Avery they will stay in contact with her since she is the next of kin.
This could be a veryyyyyyyyy interesting SL.

Posted Image

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Sep 27 2013, 08:48 PM
I never really watched GL but was thrilled when she filled in for Jensen on AW and always wished she could have just taken the role over completely. I detested Jensen with a passion. I also liked Cynthia when she was on the short lived comedy Titus. I may tune back into Y&R to see her. I haven't watched in forever though.
Oh yeah, TITUS! I was wondering where I had seen her before.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Sep 28 2013, 08:40 AM
Yeah, Delia getting killed is just not cool. A teen in a wreck is one thing, or a drowning, but a young girl child, nuh uh. There are many babies that die that could donate eyes for Connor.
As for Phyllis waking and scaring the confession out of Sharon, bring it on!!
I want them to notice that she moved and tell Avery before she leaves. Tell her not to say anything so that others don't get their hopes up. Telling Avery they will stay in contact with her since she is the next of kin.
This could be a veryyyyyyyyy interesting SL.

Posted Image
If they tell Avery and she lets the cat out of the bag, and Sharon hears about it, she'll probably cause a windstorm flying to Georgia to see for herself.
If they're going to kill off any kid, get rid of that evil rendition of Rosemary's baby, Faith.
I don't want to see Billy get raked over the coals by Chloe and Victor because he got her a dog.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I always wait for Faiths head to spin completely around. Split pea soup anyone? :D

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm tired of Y&R using death as a crutch. I can see why they HAD to a death storyline when it comes to Katherine but there are so many other more recent deaths like Colleen, Brad, Diane, Hope and others I'm probably omitting that were just done because it was the easiest or most idiotic thing to do at the time.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

But when they start killing off kids, that's enough.

kelly777
Member Avatar

LPS
Sep 27 2013, 08:58 PM
If she is going in the storyline that is rumored to be coming up, I'll pass. Dead children don't entertain me.
I think she is because what I read last night was she is a psychologist who will be dealing with Chloe, Billy and Victoria. And I'm with you being one that does not find the killing of children the least bit entertaining. And I don't find the death/poisoning of an animal the least bit entertaining. JFP may gain some numbers at the jump but I see it like I did with Colleen where those numbers will drop off quickly. I noticed on the boards today (haven't been on for awhile) that many are saying this is the end of the road for them and YR. It was for me with Colleen but it only lasted six months. I tuned back in while watching on SoapNet. But now they don't even have that going for them.

kelly777
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Sep 28 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm tired of Y&R using death as a crutch. I can see why they HAD to a death storyline when it comes to Katherine but there are so many other more recent deaths like Colleen, Brad, Diane, Hope and others I'm probably omitting that were just done because it was the easiest or most idiotic thing to do at the time.
I agree about all of this. Katherine had to be done and I totally see it as respect that they didn't recast her role. Also, they had the part where she went up the stairs and she and Jill had their last conversation. It all worked for me up until they gave CI to Victor and that fell apart for me. It just showed how little these morons know about the history of the show and how little they care.

Killing off Delia has no entertainment value to me. And some say they are going for Emmy performances from these folks. One of them already has two Emmy's so it is evident they can get them without killing a child. Then some say this is to bring Chloe and Billy back together. How does it do that? Sure they will be united in their grief at some point but after that is said and done....... I think if they wanted that as endgame then it would have been better to leave the child alive.

All and all this is just a bad move on their parts and I think time will tell but they will pay a price for doing this.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

WTH?? I didn't hear about the Delia rumors. That's just awful. I left Days when they killed off a 9 month pregnant Nicole's baby and made her walk around with it inside of her for a day. I don't want to see another child death. Depressing soaps are not my idea of a good time. And what does it have to do with her dog? Are y'all saying she runs out into the road and gets hit by a car or something??? ~shudder~

Edited by Ashtonion, Sep 28 2013, 04:07 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ratfink
Member Avatar

Ashtonion
Sep 28 2013, 04:06 PM
WTH?? I didn't hear about the Delia rumors. That's just awful. I left Days when they killed off a 9 month pregnant Nicole's baby and made her walk around with it inside of her for a day. I don't want to see another child death. Depressing soaps are not my idea of a good time. And what does it have to do with her dog? Are y'all saying she runs out into the road and gets hit by a car or something??? ~shudder~

Looks like that is what is going to happen... :toetap: dumn, dumn and more than depressing. What ever happened to love in the afternoon...Why do we have to endure all of this crap!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply