Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Judi Evans
Topic Started: Sep 29 2013, 10:41 PM (2,716 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The trial is ending. Whatís coming up for Adrienne and Justin?
Not on too much.

We were afraid of that.
Yeah, unfortunately. Itís cyclical like with anything. And weíre old. It is what it is.

Do you think it will pick back up?
I hope so. I donít know if itís going to be right away. I was talking to manager the other day, and last year I worked 16 days out of the year. This year was much more of course. Iím just very grateful. I could go another two years, and you know, come in for Christmas. But you never know. Wally and I both have other projects that we do, and i have another job.

Well, what did you think of this last story?
I loved it. I thought it was written really well, and I enjoyed working with Freddie and Wally. Wally is one of my best friends. We get along so well.

Will there be any kind of resolution to Justin and Adrienneís relationship?
Maybe a little. We might um...do a little kissy face...I donít know. Maybe.

What did you like best about the story?
I loved how the relationship with Sonny and Adrienne...like any mother/son relationship, you hit a wall, and then you work through that. It was nice to do that. And with marriage too. Marriage is great because you have your good years and your bad years. You go throw times when you have totally different ideas, and you fight hard. Especially if you love hard. That situation isnít necessarily what most people go through, but itís certainly what happens when youíre in a relationship and you go through times like that. You just go head to head.

Is there anything youíd like to see happen with Adrienne and Justin?
Iíd like them to explore their relationship even more, maybe even being involved in some sort of mystery. Iíd love to see them working on something together and maybe having a little of the bickersons going on. Maybe Bonnie could come to town. What if Bonnie came and kidnapped Adrienne and then posed as Adrienne? Poor Justin. ďAdrienneís being all funky. What is this?Ē

Is there anything else youíd like to say?
Thank you to the fans for being so loyal and so wonderful. If it werenít for you, I wouldnít be able to do one of the things I love most.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Very nice...I love Judi!

I think a mystery would be good. And Bonnie could be an identical twin of Adrienne's that Duke got rid of while Jo was out of it. Sold the baby. He would have done something like that if he could've. And Bonnie could have gotten all her natural father's worst traits, while Adrienne got her mom's loving heart.
Edited by Kriss4, Sep 29 2013, 10:47 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Lol! I would FLOVE that Bonnie storyline.

Sevprince

Damn. It really sucks that we aren't going to see her and Justin much. Why can't this show learn how to balance.

Kriss4

I would like to see more of Justin and Adrienne too, and I think we should.

I want to see more of the recurring cast than I do most of the regular cast sometimes, LOL! Thank goodness Jason lists the recurring character credits in the daily threads now.

Love that!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Judi, also made of awesome.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

They missed the boat when they didn't make Rory into Connor Lockhart de-SORASed. Can you imagine that kid and Judi as Bonnie together? And plus, we'd get to see Judi twice as much (which still wouldn't be a lot, but what can ya do?).

concerned
Member Avatar

Sevprince
Sep 29 2013, 11:28 PM
Damn. It really sucks that we aren't going to see her and Justin much. Why can't this show learn how to balance.
Why can't this show learn to focus more on the interesting stories involving convincing actors rather than the repetitive drivel.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 30 2013, 12:23 AM
Sevprince
Sep 29 2013, 11:28 PM
Why can't this show learn to focus more on the interesting stories involving convincing actors rather than the repetitive drivel.
I was thinking of some good s/l potential for Justin.
If Gabi/Will leave Rafe wants to be baby Ari Guardian.I have
a feeling Will is going to the Pokie.
The baby is left with Sonny and everybody is telling Sonny
he is too young to take on the responsibility of a baby.
This would create s/l for Adrianne/Justin/Sami.Justin
could be Rafe Lawyer.Sami will do anything
to have her Grandchild in her Custody.Sami stays in
trouble so her parenting skills are questioned.Adrinne/Sami
clash over :shrug: Sami parenting skills.There would
need to be a Lawyer for Sami

This Material has been copyrighted.
Edited by Fantastic66, Sep 30 2013, 01:09 AM.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thanks for the interview.

I wish there was better news. :(

This sucks on so many levels. Justin and Adrienne was the best thing about this summer, and yet these idiot writers just dump them and push them back to the back, back burner.

There is so much that can be done with Justin and Adrienne. And we know that Wally and Judi have the talents to do anything. Why not bring back Alexander cause havoc for them, and the rest of the Kiriakis family, bring back Angelica too, have Justin get more involved with Titan, hell, have Stefano go after Justin for helping with the takeover, etc...

These idiots think these two are old?!!! WTF? Give me the older group over the teens, 20s and 30s year old groups. Ugh! What a waste of talent and just laziness for not having the brain to use these two brilliant and gorgeous actors more.

I'm so pissed about this.

I loathe this show more than ever. I thought TomShel was smarter than this, but I guess not.

Well, DAYS is definitely off my DVR for a long time now. Asshats!!!

:(

Edited by Mirage75, Sep 30 2013, 06:07 AM.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Please no Bonnie!!!! Ugh LOL. Hated that character. I love Judi, but that character grated on my nerves.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

We were afraid of that.
Yeah, unfortunately. Itís cyclical like with anything. And weíre old. It is what it is.

And that pretty much says it all for the vets, doesn't it? :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: Tomlin, you hack!!!
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Sep 30 2013, 07:43 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

That old shit really pisses me off. Some of their best actors are 'old' and the young ones really should share screen time with the older actors more and more. I don't get Days fascination with the younger crowd...I really don't....the other soaps don't do this...it's just stupid

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Kind of explains the fact that they're still dead last in the ratings though, doesn't it?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Sep 30 2013, 08:04 AM
Kind of explains the fact that they're still dead last in the ratings though, doesn't it?
No

PatNS
Member Avatar

I was afraid that once the trial was over we wouldn't see much of Justin and Adrienne and that appears to be the case.

Days doesn't have a clue on how to use their vets - it's the vets the viewers want to see. Yes we want to see the younger characters as well but we want the vets involved in the stories - not just as window dressing trotted out at Holidays and very rare occasions.

I've always liked Judi whether she played Adrienne or Bonnie. I loved her as Paulina on Another World as well.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I like her attitude of basically it is what it is. No need to whine or complain, just go on with living your life.

Lil
Member Avatar

Judi rocks. And once again...two characters I actually give a shit about being backburned...I'm not at all looking forward to the inevitable Tannifer/EJami fuckery in the months ahead.

JoeBucs32

These writers just don't get it. What keeps Y&R as the number 1 rated show is its availabilty to integrate the vets and newers characters into front-burner storylines. That show honors its veterans and its history. DAYS just "dusts them off" around the holidays. There is no reason for Doug/Julie, Laura/Bill, Justin/Adrienne, etc to not be included in storylines with the younger crowd....what a waste...

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 30 2013, 07:51 AM
That old shit really pisses me off. Some of their best actors are 'old' and the young ones really should share screen time with the older actors more and more. I don't get Days fascination with the younger crowd...I really don't....the other soaps don't do this...it's just stupid
The thing is, they really don't focus on the younger crowd. Maybe if they did, more of them would stick around. Their main characters are about 10-20 older than the main characters the show had in the 80s. The 90a skewed a bit older but they rotated stories enough that the young crowd still had a lot of focus.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply