Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Judi Evans
Topic Started: Sep 29 2013, 10:41 PM (2,679 Views)
Keith
Member Avatar

People keep putting the 'old' thing on the writers. But haven't we been told for that that is coming from the NBC brass?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lovejustink

That was a great interview! Judi Evans has always been a class act.

Very sad to hear there won't be any Justin/Adrienne in the near future. They are great actors and characters! I hope the writers decided to change this very soon. There is so much story that could be told with Justin and Adrienne!

james0479
Member Avatar

I'd be SO here for a Bonnie/Adrienne story! Ahhhhhhh

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Aw, Judi. I've been pleasantly surprised they used her as much as they have recently, hopefully something else will come up. TFP.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 29 2013, 10:41 PM
And were old. It is what it is.
Hahahah. Oh.

Honestly I actually like the younger characters and the older characters on the show better than the, uh, middle characters.

seanny
Member Avatar

I'm surprised Judi isn't interested in us meeting Adrienne's other 3 sons whom they never talk about.

Hilary
Member Avatar

Lysie, thank you for the interview. I love Judi, and I am really glad to read anything about her. Appreciate the time. I would love that Bonnie story, and I'd really love to see her and Justin just simply explore their relationship more in the context of something else, like a mystery SL, that would be cool. This SL with the video and Sonny, that was good soapy stuff. Intelligent, too. I would like to see the other Kiriakis kids, too. Wouldn't it be interesting if Angelica came around to be all up in their face?

Speaking of face, I'm looking forward to the alleged kissy face ...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Keith
Sep 30 2013, 02:16 PM
People keep putting the 'old' thing on the writers. But haven't we been told for that that is coming from the NBC brass?
Just ask the actors from "Harry's Law". :soapbox:

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Lysie: We were afraid of that.
Judi: Yeah, unfortunately. Its cyclical like with anything. And were old. It is what it is.

There we have it. That's why we see very little of the vets that still have storylines that could be told, but will not. Does NBC even realize that this show really has, in my opinion, the best cast in all of daytime right now? We have soap legends sitting around doing nothing, and I am not crazy about TomSell, but Keith is right, it's an NBC problem.

Well, that's why John was written out so terribly, and we see Hope have no resolution for Bo. Marlena is at least still around, and with Miles back we have some door cracked for her to have a little story time, maybe. People who have watched this show for years are disgusted by the lack of veteran interaction. If they think of Sami as a veteran character then they are right.....a veteran character that has been beaten like a dead horse. Her character has worn it course through OVERKILL. I would not leave the room when I see her face if it had not been shown constantly for 15 years straight. I have grown to loathe Sami Brady.

Well, I am not in their target Demo....I am a straight male that's 34, who has such a memory I can still see the ORIGINAL Bope wedding in my mind. I've watched it all my life, and wish to God it would just stay consistently good. Ageism is not going to do a damn thing for this show except piss people like me the hell off.
Edited by Daysfanatic79, Oct 2 2013, 10:58 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Sep 30 2013, 10:56 AM
These writers just don't get it. What keeps Y&R as the number 1 rated show is its availabilty to integrate the vets and newers characters into front-burner storylines. That show honors its veterans and its history. DAYS just "dusts them off" around the holidays. There is no reason for Doug/Julie, Laura/Bill, Justin/Adrienne, etc to not be included in storylines with the younger crowd....what a waste...
Totally beg to differ. Y&R doesn't respect anything, least of all their vets. They are only writing front-burner material for their horrible, terrible newbies.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
These writers just don't get it. What keeps Y&R as the number 1 rated show is its availabilty to integrate the vets and newers characters into front-burner storylines. That show honors its veterans and its history. DAYS just "dusts them off" around the holidays. There is no reason for Doug/Julie, Laura/Bill, Justin/Adrienne, etc to not be included in storylines with the younger crowd....what a waste...
That's proof positive right there that u don't even watch Y&R.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Oct 6 2013, 01:11 AM
JoeBucs32
That's proof positive right there that u don't even watch Y&R.
Is there a show that really does do that? My thoughts are the only show that actually tries to do that at all is "The Bold and The Beautiful", and they aren't doing a great job of that. GH has it's moments, but then sends them to the back burner in mid story (Kind of like when "Days" started the started Kristen out to get John and Marlena, and obviously, she won and it sent that classic story into obliteration). I hate it when a story starts with potential, and then sinks and leaves you tainted.

The ONLY reason I liked the Kristen story at the start of the 2012 story is that she seduced Brady, and then felt conflicted. I liked seeing Kristen vulnerable, but then they have Marlena keep the secret from John, and John acting like an ass. I knew then the writers were playing a "GH", pulling back in a historic character, addressing the history of the character and her interactions with legacy vets, and then removing the older vets ASAP, for the sake of a "younger" story.

There really is no winner in daytime, but "Days" really, really, really screwed up when it didn't integrate John and Marlena, along with Stefano, for the long haul of this story. Has anyone seen the ratings for this show 1995-1999? This show was rocking, and it was "Days" second golden age (The first being the early to mid 70's) in terms of ratings and placement in the ratings (Personally, I loved the 1980's, but "Days" ratings in the mid to late 90's placed Days higher on the ratings bracket. Even though the ratings points in the 80's were higher, Days stayed in mid-pack).

Daytime Soaps have themselves and the Networks to blame. They have made their own coffin, and sealed their own fate.

Now we have Justin and Adrienne pushed out, because they were used as token characters.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply