Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Jen Lilley
Topic Started: Sep 29 2013, 10:52 PM (1,519 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

What can you tell us about whatís coming up for Theresa?
Well, sheís going to pair up with Anne. Expect a lot of shenanigans that will make you laugh. Actually, Meredith and I both have comedy backgrounds, so itís very sitcom-y.
(Meredith Scott Lynn turned around and sang...ĒSpinoffĒ.)

Is there anything you can tell us about the upcoming scenes with Kim and Shane?
I can say that the scenes are going to be amazing. I loved working with Patsy and Charlie so much. Iím such a huge fan of Charles Shaughnessy because I love The Nanny. When I was working with him, I didnít know how I was going to tell him I was a Nanny fan because I didnít want it to be weird working together. But finally after like an hour or two of working together, I leaned over and said, ďSo I love The Nanny. Iím just saying. Iím kind of excited that Mr. Sheffield is my dad.Ē He was like, ďOh, good.Ē Itís more than one episode, and itís good.

Is there anything you would like to see Theresa do?
I donít know. Iím really trusting the writers, and Iím having so much fun. I really like the surprises. Iíve never played a bad girl before this. Iím having a lot of fun, and I like her being bad. I think eventually sheíll probably turn a new leaf just like Sami did. I think sheís kind of modeled after Sami a little bit. So I donít know. I really like what their writers. I like her one liners and stuff, and Iím just blessed that I get to be such a sassy character.

Can you think of anything else we should know or that youíd like to tell us?
Iíll be on The Crazy Ones next week. Thursday at 9 on CBS. Iíll be playing Claire.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lysie
Sep 29 2013, 10:52 PM
I think eventually sheíll probably turn a new leaf just like Sami did. I think sheís kind of modeled after Sami a little bit.
Oh god, Jen Lilley... please don't.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Well Sami seems to have been modeled after Eve Donovan, so it makes sense that Jeannie Theresa would be similar.

My issue with Theresa is that we haven't seen much yet that would make her likeable. It would help to have more family connections or someone with whom Jeannie Theresa could show a little vulnerability (and not be desperate or manipulative). For any type of "new leaf" to be believable, there needs to be something in the character to build on. I had hoped Jeannie Theresa would form a bond with JJ that gave them both an outlet to explore how they feel about their families. It would have been more a friend/sibling bond than anything romantic, but it would have given the character the sounding board she desperately needs. Letting us see why Jeannie Theresa acts like she does would give her dimension and make her more likable.

Hopefully, the Shane and Kim stuff will help, but it is going to be over so quick that I fear we will jump directly into high drama and a lot of conflict. So there won't be much build that makes us care about their relationship and then it will be over and done with, most likely with little follow-through unless we get some returns.

Kriss4

She does need some softness. But didn't you like the first Theresa/Caroline scenes, or the scenes with Theresa and Eric? Those were nice.

Jen Lilley can pull of the softer stuff too. She just needs more opportunities for the audience to see the softness in addition to the anger and bitterness...the "all about me" attitude she carries around with her.

lysie
Member Avatar

She's not even kind of modeled after Sami, lol.

JoeBucs32

I hate Theresa so far. She is annoying and brings nothing to the show.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

I didn't like Jen Lilley much on GH, but I've found myself enjoying her as fun Theresa. She's a bitch with a touch of vulnerability, it works for me.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Love JL on DAYS!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Yeah. I don't like her.

And another Sami, umm, honey, I'm sorry, but whatever this board might think about Sami, there is a certain iconicness in her that Theresa can never achieve.

MoreLucas
Member Avatar

The need to bring Teresa's cousin Cassie Brady on have them be best friends. I so could see Cassie and Teresa being best friends and get in trouble together.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Didn't like her on gh as Maxie and I hate her as Teresa on days.She brings nothing to days. Also could do without her annoying ass voice.
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Oct 4 2013, 08:22 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 30 2013, 12:06 AM
She's not even kind of modeled after Sami, lol.
Well, she is kinda bratty.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I think Marge is modeled after Sami.

michelle
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Oct 4 2013, 09:41 PM
I think Marge is modeled after Sami.
I just hate Marge.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply