Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Meredith Scott Lynn
Topic Started: Sep 29 2013, 11:02 PM (2,743 Views)
Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Casey
Sep 30 2013, 12:42 PM
I hope that she sticks around. Both Anne and Vargas were good additions to the canvas.
Vargas should still be there. I miss Sean Douglas a lot. I'd like to see Vargas become a friend to Hope when Bo dies or "dies." Then they could have a slow-burn romance. :wub2:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

I miss Vargas too...But Hell...if I can't have both, I'll take what I can get. Hope Anne stays a long time and continues to be a thorn is Jennifer's side.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I LOVE Anne and MSL! It's not even love to hate, lol... I adore her! :tounge:

Serenity 808

Anne/MSL is terrific. I'm looking forward to Anne and Theresa stirring things up because Anne was long overdue for a good sidekick.

dooldooldool

LuvingLumi
Sep 30 2013, 07:54 AM
It just pisses me off that a character like Anne that has no real ties to this show and no history whatsoever gets more airtime that the likes of John, Lucas, Abe, etc....
Every show needs strong unrelated supporting characters. DOOL is tremendously incestuous as it is, and it becomes comical at some point when everyone is related to each other and slept with each other and each other's better half, or former half.

Anne will become a Horton one day. Just watch. She's gonna bear Jennifer's first grandchild. (Just speculating, of course). But the JJ-Anne hookup will happen one day. It may be a seduction, though my bet is that it turns out to be more mutual than most of Salem would appreciate.

dooldooldool

PatNS
Sep 30 2013, 08:35 AM
Anne needs more of a purpose on the show ... this Jen hate stuff got old months ago and it's not getting any fresher. If I had my way I would prefer to see John and Lucas on screen then Anne. But if there's a way to have them all on, I'm okay with that. Anne should fall for Lucas ... now that would be funny. Can you imagine Anne getting her very own Horton ornament! LOL!
Oh yes, its so fun to watch Drake stumble through his lines and peer fart-faced at his sexed up sexagenarian doc. I love Drake and honor/respect/appreciate the two decades of bad acting and heroic charisma, but his return only proved how badly his acting abilities had deteriorated. We can all scream about lousy writing and plotting, but he mumbled his way through what should have been a juicy storyline (his son booty-calling his ex-) and proved the character needed an extended breather. A better actor would have shined in that moment.

Bryan Datillo deserves plenty of accolades for his loyalty and devotion to DOOL, but he can't pull off Leading Man. He has this smarminess/creepiness that seeps into every scene. And it wasn't all that many years ago that his name was "Shouty McYellerson" as he confused decibel level with acting. They have only tried him with a handful of females, but the romantic chemistry has been zilch with Nicole/Carrie/Chloe/Samanther. He makes a great talk-to for GreatGranny Kate or Manipulative Samanther, but even his brotherly moments with Jennifer are awkward. He was outstanding in the initial coming-out for Will, but those later scenes with Will and Jackson were horrendously bad. I lay part of that in that BD probably had a hard time being so bigoted and hateful. More proof of a limited acting range.

MSL is an actress who brings the snark nicely. She reminds me of Mary Alise Recasner who toiled away in the 90s as Nurse Lynn. She parlayed her short-term role into a half-decade of employment.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

What?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Whatever.....

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

As much as I am a Lucas fan, that's not going to prevent me from recognizing good talent and an actress that has a lot to give to this show. I don't feel like my appreciation for Anne and MSL should take away from my appreciation for Lucas and BD - I choose to love both.

Bryan Dattilo and Drake Hogestyn were both newbies at one point or another, and I'm sure the argument could have been made back then that they were taking up the airtime of someone with more longevity on the show. Everyone has to start somewhere, and if I recognize talent in someone, I'm going to support them. The same thing applies for Sean Douglas and Vargas.
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Oct 1 2013, 01:00 AM.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

All I have to say is anyone that tries to destroy Dannifer, the worst couple I think I have seen since I don't know when. I am sitting here trying to come up with a couple I disliked as much as Dannifer, but I can't. I have watched this show for such an incredibly long time, and cannot seem to grasp a more annoying couple. Even John and Kate, as much as I hated them, were better than this. So any character that vows to destroy Dannifer is welcome on the canvas, and cannot be hated. Hating her is impossible at this point. As a matter of fact, I'm a fan.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply