Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Mary Beth Evans
Topic Started: Sep 29 2013, 11:34 PM (4,205 Views)
TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Jack's memorial wasn't supposed to be about Daniel, but that's what it turned into.

It's quite possible CM wasn't there on the days that they filmed scenes of Maggie crying while eggmama and eggbaby lament about how much Jennifer needs Daniel, How he wishes he could go back in time to punch Jack, how she has a forgiving heart but deserved so much better than Jack, and if only Daniel had met Jennifer first none of this would be happening now.

Also Dannifer holding each other's pictures while crying over not being together during this difficult time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Well, we won't know til it airs. I don't see why Daniel couldn't stay where Chloe is for a while. Or, you know, forever.

No. I learned to like Chloe, so forget that thought.

Go back to the one about Daniel crushed by a falling tree.

Nice thought.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 29 2013, 11:34 PM
b]How much are you actually involved?[/b]
I think Iím in and out.

Is it going to be where you tell him, and then thatís it for you?
No, no. Iím around, and the family is around. The family is all kind of involved, and we all kind of rally around him and Jennifer.

This sounds like she's just a background character in this two week storyline.

But you know, none of us has a say in anything that our characters say. We just get our scripts.

Except for Sweeny, not only does she get meetings with the writers, brag about getting her storylines inserted, before she got that power people were fired in the past when a writer called them out over Sweeny changing her script

Kit-kat
Member Avatar

Thanks for the interview! Interesting read. I feel bad for the conditions these actors work under and I appreciate more and more their ability to play nuances in scenes.

granolagirl
Sep 30 2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:

I just feel like itís such a bummer that that happened.

I just... can't. These poor soap men and their feeeeelings, lol.

I'm sure she'd feel the same way if Kayla had let it slip to her niece if she was the one in the dark.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Sep 30 2013, 02:01 AM
lysie
I think Iím in and out.

No, no. Iím around, and the family is around. The family is all kind of involved, and we all kind of rally around him and Jennifer.

But you know, none of us has a say in anything that our characters say. We just get our scripts.

Except for Sweeny, not only does she get meetings with the writers, brag about getting her storylines inserted, before she got that power people were fired in the past when a writer called them out over Sweeny changing her script

I've read this same speculation/rumor/gossip on other sites as well, but is there anything to substantiate this or is is all just speculation/rumor/gossip?

Not being snarky, just curious to know if she's really calling so many shots. Thanks in advance.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Wasn't the kid(s) who plays Parker also Dexter's son or am I mixing up the TV shows?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

I'm glad we'll see more of Kayla during this storyline arc ... I'd like to see more of her period but knowing this show, that won't happen. I wish her success on the ABC Family show that she is going to be recurring on! Good for her.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 30 2013, 12:39 AM
Spencer Hastings
Sep 30 2013, 12:38 AM
granolagirl
Sep 30 2013, 12:34 AM
Well, to be fair, part of that is just Mary Beth. She really does have an awful memory.
lol, that makes me feel a little better, but still. So many people are straight up "I don't remember!" It's almost comical.
This also means they don't watch.
That has always been my interpretation. Although, logically, you would think if the performers know in advance they're going to interviewed, they'd look at their most recent episode to get a sense of where their storyline is.
Edited by badaddiction, Sep 30 2013, 09:21 AM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 30 2013, 08:21 AM
Wasn't the kid(s) who plays Parker also Dexter's son or am I mixing up the TV shows?
Yep! Andrew & Luke Kruntchev were the original portrayals of Harrison Morgan on the Showtime series, "Dexter"
Posted Image

Jaden Wells (Joey, Days) was the last child actor to play Harrison.

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Love MBE!!

And the pics posted on twitter of her at this event are great!

luvpeter
Member Avatar

Thanks for the interview!! Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Sep 30 2013, 07:56 AM
TreasureCove
lysie
I think Iím in and out.

I've read this same speculation/rumor/gossip on other sites as well, but is there anything to substantiate this or is is all just speculation/rumor/gossip?

Not being snarky, just curious to know if she's really calling so many shots. Thanks in advance.
It's just speculation!!

lysie
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Sep 30 2013, 11:56 AM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
TreasureCove
lysie
I think Iím in and out.

It's just speculation!!
It's actually not. The speculation is about how other actors and people at the show felt about it at the time. It's not speculation that it happened, and it's also not speculation that many other actors have done it. It doesn't seem like it happens much anymore, though, probably due to the way they film stuff so quickly and so far ahead. The main reason, IMO, that so much negative attention got focused on Ali when she did it is because an EP that many of us liked got fired for it instead of a writer that many of us hated.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Kit-kat
Sep 30 2013, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the interview! Interesting read. I feel bad for the conditions these actors work under and I appreciate more and more their ability to play nuances in scenes.

granolagirl

Quote:

I'm sure she'd feel the same way if Kayla had let it slip to her niece if she was the one in the dark.
Maybe so, but they did decide to make this a JJ story, not an Abby or a Stephanie one. Does anyone rally around Kayla?

I feel like the bummer is that Kayla was raped in the first place, and her having to keep it a secret for the rest of her life because her attacker was a family member of her husband's is a bummer, too.

Kit-kat
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Sep 30 2013, 02:09 PM
Kit-kat

granolagirl

Quote:

Maybe so, but they did decide to make this a JJ story, not an Abby or a Stephanie one. Does anyone rally around Kayla?

I feel like the bummer is that Kayla was raped in the first place, and her having to keep it a secret for the rest of her life because her attacker was a family member of her husband's is a bummer, too.

Sure, I see what you're saying, but I'm just responding to what MBE said in the interview - she would not let something like that slip out to a child of the man that raped her, hypothetically speaking.

I don't think Kayla would want to tell any child that their father raped her no matter what, related or not. Most of Salem knows about it, so it's not like it's a big secret.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Kit-kat
Sep 30 2013, 04:08 PM
granolagirl
Kit-kat

granolagirl

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Sure, I see what you're saying, but I'm just responding to what MBE said in the interview - she would not let something like that slip out to a child of the man that raped her, hypothetically speaking.

I don't think Kayla would want to tell any child that their father raped her no matter what, related or not. Most of Salem knows about it, so it's not like it's a big secret.
Mary Beth Evans' choices would not make for interesting soap. ;)

I think the slip is very natural, after having to hear about the man who raped you being lionized.

Hilary
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 30 2013, 12:01 PM
T-Love74
Sep 30 2013, 11:56 AM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
TreasureCove

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[/b]
I think Iím in and out.

It's just speculation!!
It's actually not. The speculation is about how other actors and people at the show felt about it at the time. It's not speculation that it happened, and it's also not speculation that many other actors have done it. It doesn't seem like it happens much anymore, though, probably due to the way they film stuff so quickly and so far ahead. The main reason, IMO, that so much negative attention got focused on Ali when she did it is because an EP that many of us liked got fired for it instead of a writer that many of us hated.
You know, honestly ... it doesn't bother me. Much. Ish. I mean, I wish there could be more collaboration that way with everyone, and I think on some level there is collaboration. Depends who your character is and what the connections are to other arcs, I'd imagine. There was a time that was more collaborative with the whole creative team, and now it's not. Ali is the focus of the show right now. I don't dislike her. I don't love Ali Sweeny's character, and I'm not a big Ali fan. But I respect her, I get why she possibly gets more attn and that her voice counts more in the creative process than others. Do I wish it for MBE, too? Of course. I wish alot of things. But I don't really spite Ali for it.

Hilary
Member Avatar

Kit-kat
Sep 30 2013, 04:08 PM
granolagirl
Kit-kat

granolagirl

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Well, I don't think Kayla would, either. I think it's established that Kayla and Jack had established a pretty decent civility between them. I use the term "civility" carefully, as I don't want to assign any real feelings for Jack for or against to Kayla, as it really depended on the writing team at the time <eyeroll>. Now I dunno how they're gonna play it this week, but I don't see this as a "secret" from Abby & JJ so much as they are children. Now they're teenage children, yes, but children, nonetheless, and I'm thinking it's up to their mother and father to discuss this with them. If they chose not to have done that, and I were Kayla in the situation and history we've got in canon, then I would have respected those wishes and not said anything. Kayla also, clearly, did not dwell on it; it wasn't a central part of her existence in the family. So, not sure it would have come up organically anyway. Then again, it is rape.

I can see how this is JJ's story and not Kayla's. I am over the moon that they're gonna address this with the actual actor involved! I wonder if their mother's rape will come into play at all. Anyway, I cannot freaking wait. But I think it's valid to say that a Kayla would not want to sully the image of their father by telling them about her rape of her own volition. Now that it's coming out, I can see where she chooses to be honest. But not having discussed it with them yet? Agree with that characterization of Kayla, it's not in her nature to have revealed that to them without cause, and I do see this as JJ's story and not a Jack character assassination. I'm looking really forward to seeing it.

Kit-kat
Member Avatar

^^ Good points! I'm interested in seeing how MBE will play the slip. Even though this is a JJ story, I do hope Kayla is pivotal in it too. I'd like to see Jennifer's rape addressed too.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

MBE is super cool. :wub2:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply