Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Mary Beth Evans
Topic Started: Sep 29 2013, 11:34 PM (4,228 Views)
Hilary
Member Avatar

Oh, I really hope Kayla gets a good chunk of time in this, here, cuz she's truly pivotal in it all. If they throw her just a few lines here or there, that would be really wrong IMO. Seems to me that that won't be the case, though, so I'm really hopeful!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hilary
Member Avatar

LastLicks
Sep 30 2013, 05:29 PM
MBE is super cool. :wub2:
Super DUPER cool! :cheers:

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I want Stayla back!

Kriss4

I would love to have Steve back!

But BEFORE he returns, if he ever does, I'd love for Kayla to have a story about her...and a relationship of her own...I'd like to see her at least trying to get out there and live her life...her personal life...without him.

I think any reconciliation story would work a lot better and be more powerful if Steve wasn't assured of the outcome when and if he comes back. I think he took Kayla for granted, and I want him to see that he can't just walk back into her life and expect her to walk back into his arms.

I want them together, if that's possible. But I want him to earn it.

Of course, if Stephen doesn't want to return, or if the show doesn't bring him back for whatever reason, I want Kayla to have someone in her life.

I love Kayla with Steve. But I love Kayla as an individual character too...so I want her to be happy. I don't want her to close herself off to possibilities. So I'm waiting for the show to give her a "possibility."
Edited by Kriss4, Sep 30 2013, 10:07 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 29 2013, 11:34 PM
Did you know his father was on Days? He played Sami when she was a man.
Oh, I donít know anything about that. Well, the mother is stunning. All of the mothers of the kids are just beautiful. Theyíll be on the sidelines when weíre filming, and I always think theyíre much better looking than us mothers over here.
LOL! What a strange answer. Firstly, she just finished up telling how "beautiful the mother is" in the previous question, then just totally disregards the question about the father, Dan Wells, and then just continues on to talk about how beautiful the mother is? WTH? Is she smitten by this woman so much? And how would she not know Dan Wells used to be on Days, is she honestly saying it never came up? What a weird piece of conversation.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 30 2013, 12:01 PM
T-Love74
Sep 30 2013, 11:56 AM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Sep 30 2013, 07:56 AM
TreasureCove
Sep 30 2013, 02:01 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[/b]
I think Iím in and out.

Is it going to be where you tell him, and then thatís it for you?
No, no. Iím around, and the family is around. The family is all kind of involved, and we all kind of rally around him and Jennifer.

This sounds like she's just a background character in this two week storyline.

But you know, none of us has a say in anything that our characters say. We just get our scripts.

Except for Sweeny, not only does she get meetings with the writers, brag about getting her storylines inserted, before she got that power people were fired in the past when a writer called them out over Sweeny changing her script
I've read this same speculation/rumor/gossip on other sites as well, but is there anything to substantiate this or is is all just speculation/rumor/gossip?

Not being snarky, just curious to know if she's really calling so many shots. Thanks in advance.
It's just speculation!!
It's actually not. The speculation is about how other actors and people at the show felt about it at the time. It's not speculation that it happened, and it's also not speculation that many other actors have done it. It doesn't seem like it happens much anymore, though, probably due to the way they film stuff so quickly and so far ahead. The main reason, IMO, that so much negative attention got focused on Ali when she did it is because an EP that many of us liked got fired for it instead of a writer that many of us hated.
I'm not really bothered by this, per se. I get that Ali gets some say and prominence. It's always that way in any company, some people always get some piece of attention that the others don't get. But I also believe others have had this same option, and I definitely think ED has consulted on her storyline, and would have done so in the future if she had agreed to stay on.

Donovanfan

Kriss4
Sep 30 2013, 12:16 AM
Oh, you mean no personal life yet?

I know.

It's been long enough. I think it has. I'm ready for her to date. She needs to stick her feet in the water of the dating pool.

You know I really don't understand why Kayla needs to be fixed up with someone or have a love interest to have story. Or Kate for that matter. They are intelligent, successful women, why can't they have a story about their careers and see how things evolve? (I like Rate as a one-time fling, but long-term I see them as unconventional friends.)

One of my favorite quotes is the 1st time you marry for love, the second for money and the third for companionship. Why can't Abe and Kayla form a friendship over their children? They both have boys, theo needs a mother figure and Joey needs a dad. Abe could tell Joey stories about Steve from his police days. It's not intense drama but it is real life. Kayla's got a lot going on. She's taking care of her mom, a young son and a high-profile job. Those struggles and balancing her life, could be an ongoing background story for her and something that the audience could relate to IMHO.

(Yes, I know soaps are nothing like real-life, but what I have liked about days is the relationships. That to me is the basis for making all the other over the top crap believable, for me anyway)

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I think the difference between Kayla and Kate is that Kate has pretty much always had a love life, so dealing with real life would be a change of pace. But Kayla hasn't had anybody but Steve in her second run, and that was kind of taken for granted, and after many years of celibacy for her. So there might be story in a change of pace for her, to get out there and connect with someone new.

I did think there was some potential with the Abe thing, though, especially if they used his and Theo's connections with the DiMeras for conflict.

Carly
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Oct 5 2013, 11:43 AM
I did think there was some potential with the Abe thing, though, especially if they used his and Theo's connections with the DiMeras for conflict.
I agree. There's excellent potential for big drama with a Kayla/Abe pairing.

Stefano would hate that Abe is moving on after Lexie's death, and Stefano would especially hate that Abe was dating someone from the Brady family. And the Bradys would support Kayla's romance with Abe, but the Bradys would also be concerned that Stefano might do something to hurt Kayla. And there could be a little subplot about how Theo is responding to his father dating a new woman.

Kayla's son Joey could be SORASed into a fifteen-year-old, and Joey could support his mom's new chance at love, but Joey could also be his mom's protector and try to keep her safe from Stefano.

The whole storyline would be a refreshing change of pace from what's currently on screen.

Ana75
Member Avatar

The more of MBE I can see makes me happy. I adore her!!!

Kriss4

I adore her, too!

Give Kayla a story, Days!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply