Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, September 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 30 2013, 12:37 AM (6,732 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

MissLola
Sep 30 2013, 01:56 PM
I hate Ej and Rafe scenes. :glare:
Ugh, agreed. They do nothing but make both characters seem like asses. JS and GG have horrible actor chemistry.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

MissLola
I don't. It's the one pair of characters that consistently hate each other. I'm glad to see their disdain and know I'll never be subjected to them sharing a cup of coffee and a chat at the pub.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hamilton
Sep 30 2013, 02:00 PM
MissLola
I don't. It's the one pair of characters that consistently hate each other. I'm glad to see their disdain and know I'll never be subjected to them sharing a cup of coffee and a chat at the pub.
Aaaannnd....that probably just jinxed us. :facepalm:

six
Member Avatar

Rafe saying "maybe she's not a robot after all" in his drone-like voice just made me lol.
Edited by six, Sep 30 2013, 02:26 PM.

Sweet and Salty

Love the music during the "Father Eric coming to realization" scenes! Creepy!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

MissLola
all their scenes fall so flat.

six
Member Avatar

IDK why, but Kristen looks really different.

six
Member Avatar

And why is EJ the voice of reason today?

PatNS
Member Avatar

I wish Sonny would have stayed angry longer ... Will is just ... I don't know ... the character of Will has really become annoying lately ... just a little bit too full of himself for my liking.

Liked the Sonny / Gabi conversation today far more than the Will / Gabi conversation.

And EJ - LOL ... isn't this typical behaviour from him. Daddy emasculated him so to try and make himself feel like a man he has to go into an invalid's room and try and make himself look threatening and sound important. Guess what EJ - It didn't work!

Brady is too stupid for words.

The best part about today's episode - lots of Dan and Nicole scenes and not once did Nicole prop up Dan and Jen as a couple - YAY! Progress! Let's hope that continues.

six
Member Avatar

Nearly everybody in the 20s set is far too good and rational to be soap characters.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Sep 30 2013, 01:25 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 30 2013, 12:22 PM
LMAO that EJ is just standing there watching WilSon argue. Did JS have an episode count to hit for September or something? Because EJ's scenes have been so random the last couple of episodes, like they just needed to toss him in somewhere.
That's what I said about the Nicole scene and this Rafe one seems the same....random scenes that mean nothing. And EJ is wearing a tie in both of those scenes, even though on both days he wasn't wearing one in any other scene.
Surely they weren't added later.

MojoMissy
Member Avatar

I loved the EJ scenes today. I'm probably one of the few who loves him when he's terrorizing Rafe. He's so smug & makes me chuckle. I also find JS far superior of an actor to GG.

six
Member Avatar

Oh, lord. It's Ejafe. EJ you should have gone to Chicago a day early. Rafe, you should have also found a reason not to be on screen.

This episode is such a letdown after Friday.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 30 2013, 02:50 PM
gailwinters
tomsawyer
LMAO that EJ is just standing there watching WilSon argue. Did JS have an episode count to hit for September or something? Because EJ's scenes have been so random the last couple of episodes, like they just needed to toss him in somewhere.
That's what I said about the Nicole scene and this Rafe one seems the same....random scenes that mean nothing. And EJ is wearing a tie in both of those scenes, even though on both days he wasn't wearing one in any other scene.
I can't imagine they would have been since nothing interesting happened in either scene. I mean, it's not like they would need to insert a scene to show that EJ likes to snark at Nicole and hates Rafe.

MojoMissy
Member Avatar

six
Sep 30 2013, 02:53 PM
Oh, lord. It's Ejafe. EJ you should have gone to Chicago a day early. Rafe, you should have also found a reason not to be on screen.

This episode is such a letdown after Friday.
I feel like most days of this show are a "letdown." There is virtually no movement. When I can go weeks without watching & come back to the very same storylines, there's a problem.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Marlene
Sep 30 2013, 08:16 AM
Awww.....

This is the show we all miss. And it's not just the characters of Tom and Alice, either. I think we're all able to accept the fact that MC and FR are no longer with us. But the show is just not the same....
Yes, these were the good old days, and FR and MC were the superstars of their time.

But, I'm going to say, it couldn't have been helped. Times change, and that's just a fact. Every soap has gone through the same difficulties. None of the soaps still on the air are "as good as they used to be" and have been able to hold on to their Golden Years. Y&R, B&B, GH, DAYS, they've all changed, it couldn't have been helped. And I'm still going to say, out of all of these four, DAYS is still the most traditional and actually HAS kept their classic elements in place over the years the best. There are still a boatload of classic, legendary characters on this show's roster, even if some are recurring and on the backburner. Also, the element of the church and religion, which has always been a big part of the DAYS canvas, has been brought back to the show as an undelying theme, which IMO is great. These people, Kristen, Sami, the DiMeras, are still legacy characters and not newbies, even if they aren't Hortons. The only "newbie" who gets far too much exposure is Daniel now.

So all in all, whatever you may want to think about Days, it HAS most definitely kept it's legacy the *best* intact out of all of the four soaps left on air.

six
Member Avatar

Okay, it's really contrived that Kristen would call someone else to destroy what she could easily destroy herself, but at least something happened today.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 30 2013, 02:56 PM
lysie
gailwinters
tomsawyer
I can't imagine they would have been since nothing interesting happened in either scene. I mean, it's not like they would need to insert a scene to show that EJ likes to snark at Nicole and hates Rafe.

AS directed the scenes for her episodes in one day I think, so these two were probably done by another director on another day.
Edited by IHeartSoaps, Sep 30 2013, 03:06 PM.

IHeartSoaps
Member Avatar

MojoMissy
I loved the EJ scenes today. I'm probably one of the few who loves him when he's terrorizing Rafe. He's so smug & makes me chuckle. I also find JS far superior of an actor to GG.
That is a given and easily accomplished even on his off days IMO.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Loved the Eric/Kristen/Brady scenes. GV is just good at playing subdued. Can't wait to see Kristen flip off the handle once she realizes what's happened to the flashdrives!

Nicole looked fabulous but her acting like she can't talk about it is just looking epicly silly. Also, please, never ruin her with Daniel again, please. Ever.

I'm actually surprised Sami truly *still* isn't back. This is already the sixth day in a row :o Lol!

EJ seemed out of place in this episode. I did not like him interrupting Will and Sonny and reminding them of the baby, I think they realize her presence on their own.

Also, I'm sorry to say, but this fight between Will and Sonny had seemed yet *again* like two brothers and buddies fighting over something, not a fight between a romantic couple. This Will and Sonny are just somehow too similar, too generic. In this respect I am waiting eagerly to see what the new Will can bring to the table.

Gabi looks like a mexican waitress/call girl.

Couldn't care less about this stupid, stupid, *stupid* Rafe/Jordan/Kate storyline. Please, do not waste ms. Roberts on this crap!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply