Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: October Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 1 2013, 12:40 AM (11,227 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Oct 11 2013, 08:43 PM
One thing I do miss about Howarth playing Todd Manning on GH is his wardrobe. Todd was the best dressed male on the show---he had some killer suits. Kind of like I wish Jack Deveraux had worn during his last stint on Days.

Off topic for a second, but that Todd Manning is exactly how Jack Deveraux should have been and/or should be if he ever came back. A true grey character with snark, wit and great one liners and an awesome wardrobe. Pretty much how Jack used to be before the parade of hack writers got a hold of him! :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

adiasi

I am so not feeling Michael and Kiki. I hate that they are together. I hate that Michael betrayed his brother. Nevermind, Morgan was deceitful. Let's back it up a bit. Kiki came to town as Morgan's girlfriend. Michael lay on the sofa of his apartment and listened to his brother have sex with his girlfriend. Kiki then became Morgan's wife regardless to how it happened. Morgan, in his juvenile way, loved his girlfriend/wife. He even told Michael on several occasions how much he loved Kiki. You mean to tell me Michael could not respect that bond enough to stay away from that Kiki girl? I'm so done with it. Morgan may be immature, juvenile, self absorbed, and spoiled, but he still should have had the respect from his brother to leave his girl alone.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

adiasi
Oct 14 2013, 09:44 AM
I am so not feeling Michael and Kiki. I hate that they are together. I hate that Michael betrayed his brother. Nevermind, Morgan was deceitful. Let's back it up a bit. Kiki came to town as Morgan's girlfriend. Michael lay on the sofa of his apartment and listened to his brother have sex with his girlfriend. Kiki then became Morgan's wife regardless to how it happened. Morgan, in his juvenile way, loved his girlfriend/wife. He even told Michael on several occasions how much he loved Kiki. You mean to tell me Michael could not respect that bond enough to stay away from that Kiki girl? I'm so done with it. Morgan may be immature, juvenile, self absorbed, and spoiled, but he still should have had the respect from his brother to leave his girl alone.
And the icing on this god-awful cake is the very evening of the big reveal when Morgan and Kiki split, Michael decided it was a good idea for Kiki to move in with him. This has been one awful mess of a triangle, and not in a good way.

On a better note, I am very pleased they were able to get Anders Hove back for some episodes. Faison is one creepy villain.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Loved the scenes with Nik and Britt. NIk seems so natural around Britt. One of the best couple on daytime drama, IMO.
I loved it when Dr. O called Anna, a skinny scarecrow.
The writers used the wrong term to describe the Swiss prison. It was minimum security, not Maximum facility. Max means that armed guards are stationed outside and inside the rooms and a barrier between prisoner and vistor.
The one thing that bothers me is the actors who Ben. He goes from infant to a six month/eight month infant every week, while Connie stays a small baby. :

natdot99
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Oct 12 2013, 07:38 PM
Does anyone really buy that Patrick is ready to move on and be with Sabrina at this point? Even if she really was dead, Patrick is clearly not emotionally ready for another romance. It bothers me how other characters have pushed him to be with Sabrina, take off his wedding ring, etc. Sabrina needs to get some self-respect and walk away. I don't hate Sabrina and I think she's a genuinely nice person (a bit boring) but she's going to get her heart broken big time!

ITA, Everyone pushed Patrick toward Sabrina because they thought she was the better choice over Britta. Now that she got her man, Sabrina is still whining. Heck she used Robin's death to get close to Patrick and now it working against her. Oh well, at least she can't blame Britt.
natdot99
Oct 14 2013, 03:13 PM
Loved the scenes with Nik and Britt. NIk seems so natural around Britt. One of the best couple on daytime drama, IMO.
I loved it when Dr. O called Anna, a skinny scarecrow.
The writers used the wrong term to describe the Swiss prison. It was minimum security, not Maximum facility. Max means that armed guards are stationed outside and inside the rooms and a barrier between prisoner and vistor.
The one thing that bothers me is the actors who Ben. He goes from infant to a six month/eight month infant every week, while Connie stays a small baby. :

The other thing that bothers me is Olivia hysterical rants when she has a vision.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jerry Jacks is such a great soap villain. I hope Carlivati continues to use him like he does. Sparingly.

Great way for Nikolas and Britt to get involved in the Cassadine Island stuff with Nikolas recognizing the painting in Obrecht's video.

Loved Anna vs. Obrecht (and Faison)!

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Anna is so kick ass!

Jerry is Robin's Faison and I love it!

When will Sabrina get a clue? Patrick is still very much in love with his wife.

Britt and Nik! Love how they were comparing their families. bring on the adventure.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Finola Hughes was absolute money today. The ways she portrays the differences between Anna and Obrecht-as-Anna using minor variations in posture, facial expression and vocal inflection is really remarkable.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Faison SO creeps me the hell out lol!

In all honesty, Finola Hughes rocks my world! :rockon:

I am sensing that Robin won't reunite with anyone until November sweeps! :frustration:

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Anna Devane is the absolute best female character on GH at the moment. I love Tracey, too, but sometimes her intentional cruelty grates.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I've probably said this before, but IMO one of the absolute best things Cartini did when taking over GH was putting Finola Hughes on contract. And writing Anna Devane closer to who she was in the 1980's than how she was portrayed in the 2000's (Eli Love groupie= :yuk: ). Sometimes it really feels like Back to the Future on GH with all the revisits to 1980's characters such as Anna, Duke, and now the Jeromes. I can tell Ron was a fan of the show during that era.

I know there are a few exceptions to this (Jack Wagner/Frisco comes to mind) but compared to the other soap I keep an eye on (Days) it is so nice to have a soap that actually respects its veteran characters and actors. In the past year, Ian Buchanan, Leslie Charleson, Jane Elliot to name a few have gotten some great material to work with. I think the scene where Tracy tells Luke she wants "the whole meal, not just crumbs" is an all-time favorite of mine.

bygnedys

Faison was even more creepy years ago.

When he entered room with the pony tail and smoking the slim cigar and it would send chills down my back. I knew this guy was capable of doing anything evil. He looked like evil walking and he sure scared me more than Stavros ever has and Stavros is a sick demon.

monicasblueangel
Member Avatar

I loved the Anna vs Anna.
That was well written, well acted and
well worth the time to watch it.
I guess I am the only Sabrina lover in
the bunch. I am over her with Patrick.
She does not need to play
second fiddle to anyone. I also
don't like Carlos, so I'd rather they
not end up an item.
Bring on someone new, or pair he
with someone else. But I do like Sabrina.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

^^I love Sabrina too.

I am torn though,I am a Patrick/Robin fan and Patrick/Sabrina fan.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

The show is too partitioned. All of the Robin related scenes one day, all of the Morgan/Michael/Kiki/Silas/Ava/Derek stuff the next. I love how connected everything is, but when one set of stories is so much more involving than the other, why not split it up and spread it around?

I am eating up Silas and Sam, though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

granolagirl
Oct 15 2013, 08:30 PM
The show is too partitioned. All of the Robin related scenes one day, all of the Morgan/Michael/Kiki/Silas/Ava/Derek stuff the next. I love how connected everything is, but when one set of stories is so much more involving than the other, why not split it up and spread it around?
I had those exact thoughts after watching today's episode. I was thoroughly engrossed in and barely fast forwarded at all through yesterday's show, but today, I did almost nothing but FF. They need to distribute the stories/characters in such a way that, if you're not interested in a particular set, an entire episode isn't basically a wash for you.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Tonight's episode was a snooze.

Dee-anne

Mason
Oct 15 2013, 09:07 PM
granolagirl
Oct 15 2013, 08:30 PM
I had those exact thoughts after watching today's episode. I was thoroughly engrossed in and barely fast forwarded at all through yesterday's show, but today, I did almost nothing but FF. They need to distribute the stories/characters in such a way that, if you're not interested in a particular set, an entire episode isn't basically a wash for you.
This is difficult because the character/people you might find boring, is exciting to others. I enjoyed all of Mondays show as well. Yesterday's show had me fast forwarding Michael and Kiki. Normally I fast forward anything with Morgan, Kiki and Michael but, I have been curious about where they are taking Morgan ever since he got with AVA. I also find Sam and Sillas boring. I dont think they have the necessary chemistry to be an interesting pairing, but they have people who do love them. I think Silas has way more chemistry with AVA.

I liked Carly, Franco and Julian scenes. So, for me, yesterday's show was not all boring. Except for Michael, Kiki, Sam and Silas. If they were to mix it up you might find yourself fast forwarding everyday instead of every other day. Then there are people who like all the characters that you find boring and I find boring and thought yesterday was a great show. You never know.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'd rather see Carly with Derek than Franco!

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Sonny coming to the conclusion that Derek Wells might be Julian Jerome seemed a too easy. It should have been a harder to put the pieces together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply