Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: October Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 1 2013, 12:40 AM (11,618 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Oct 21 2013, 07:02 PM
natdot99
Oct 21 2013, 04:03 PM
If Ben was Dante child, they why didn't Olivia have a vision that she was carrying her grandson during the NB? and how did Britt and Dr.O know that the embryo was going to be a male child?

Maybe because the whole Britt was pregnant just had gotten revealed,maybe the writer's wanted to wait awhile before a big reveal.

Faison is a sociopath meaning that he would have killed Britt without blinking an eye. When facing a sociopath, the first instinct is self preservation. That means you did anything to stay alive. Britt knew that her parents hated her, and wanted a male child. They got a male child and would have no problem killing their daughter is she stood in their way.

Fertilized eggs do not have any gender characteristics. So how did everyone guess that the first child of Dante/Lulu was going to be a male :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

As uber creepy as Faison is... OMG he cracks me up!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Morgan is probably the most boring character I have ever seen! :sleep:

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

natdot99
Oct 24 2013, 02:51 PM
JDeveraux_91
Oct 22 2013, 08:23 AM
So if Britt is telling the truth about Ben not being her son, then I'd say that he's Lante's baby boy. The anvils seemed to be falling that this is the case. We'll see. I absolutely adore seeing Anna and Robert working together to find their daughter. Nikolas has been awesome lately too.

I'm having a hard time with this Patrick/Sabrina engagement set up. Last week, Patrick was all "I can't let go of Robin." "I think Robin called me!" Now he's proposing to Sabrina and she stupidly accepts?? All I can say is hurry home Robin!

LuvingLumi
Oct 22 2013, 08:51 AM
Okay...It's pretty obvious at this point that Britt's kid is Dante and Lulu's baby.....and it makes so much sense to have her know it and keep the truth from everyone....especially Nickolas....her budding relationship with him will be tested when he realizes that she tried to keep his sister's baby for herself. Good soapy drama right there.

I love the juxtaposition of the scenes with Robin saying she's going home to her family while Patrick is proposing to Sabrina. Just awesome.

GH does very well in building the new stories as the older ones come to a close....not all soaps writers do that...and I think that is the reason why GH's pacing is so much better than any other soap at the moment.

The mob story :sleep:

Tell me about it---I actually fell asleep halfway through today's episode!

Anon

Quote:

Fertilized eggs do not have any gender characteristics. So how did everyone guess that the first child of Dante/Lulu was going to be a male

I don't think anyone knew what the gender of the baby was until Britt had her sonogram. I don't think the gender of the baby was a priority at first, just that Britt get pregnant and convince Patrick that it was his. Using NuLu and Dante's embryo was just a matter of convenience, and the fact that it was a boy was just gravy so to speak.
Edited by Anon, Oct 24 2013, 10:00 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I am so happy with GH and DAYS lately. I haven't been this happy as a soap fan in a long time. I hated this version of Morgan when he first showed up with Kiki and they were constantly shown banging each other, but I really have grown to like him. He is smoking hot with Ava and I want to see him turn fully against Sonny and join Team Jerome. Derek/Julian continues to be made of win. Robin's return is so satisfying, despite several things about the whole Cassadine Island set-up not making a lot of sense. I hope they don't drag out her reunion with her family too long. Love having Robert back. Love Scotty and Lucy growing close again and the comic relief they bring. Could really do without anything and everything Franco but RH makes it watchable. Diane is awesome too, always whip-smart...

Oh, and I really hope Britt's baby is really Britt's and she just told Faison otherwise so he'd lose interest in the kid. Dante and Lulu can find another surrogate or adopt a kid. I don't think it'd make sense for them to keep Baby Connie, but at the same time I have little if no sympathy for Maxie and Spinelli. Suffice it to say, I don't have a dog in that fight.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

daysfan2
Oct 22 2013, 11:16 AM
Just curious how long it is going to take to get Robin back to Port Charles.

Maria came back to Pine Valley (All My Children) in May of 2002 after being presumed dead for five years.

It wasn't until the summer of 2003 that she was finally reunited with her husband Edmund and the rest of her family.

I have heard rumors Robin will be reunited with Patrick, Emma, etc. by Thanksgiving and if that turns out to be true then this will be the quickest reunion ever for a returned-from-the-dead character (sans Victor, Jr. on One Life to Live).

Agent.99
Member Avatar

I love, love, love Morgan and Sonny estranged. So many of the relationships where a parent and child aren't close come on to the show already that way. It would be so wonderful to actually see this rift manifest, and not just be healed within the next year or so.
Keep Morgan and Sonny against one another. It's different and refreshing and will cause Sonny anguish that will make great TV (even though MB doesn't act nearly as well as he used to).

Agent.99
Member Avatar

I miss the days of parents not necessarily LIKING their kids all that much, especially in families like this- where there's power and danger and it fits.
Edited by Agent.99, Oct 25 2013, 10:53 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Anon
Oct 24 2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:

Fertilized eggs do not have any gender characteristics. So how did everyone guess that the first child of Dante/Lulu was going to be a male

I don't think anyone knew what the gender of the baby was until Britt had her sonogram. I don't think the gender of the baby was a priority at first, just that Britt get pregnant and convince Patrick that it was his. Using NuLu and Dante's embryo was just a matter of convenience, and the fact that it was a boy was just gravy so to speak.

Britt has her own eggs and all she needed was a sperm donor. A doctor cannot take a embryo and incubated until the parents want a specific gender and then implanted into the surrogate. A baby gender can be know at twelve weeks which equals three months.
The better storyline would be to have Lulu/Dante go to a foreign country and adopted a child.

Don't care about s/l rant :sleep:
Heather/Franco, everything Morgan, everything Kiki/Micheal, Everything Sonny, Patrick/Sabrina/Felix

Really Felix needed to STFU. No one asked him to help examine Ben.
The St. Jason lifetime contribution needs to stop. He was a hitman who killed people, just like any sociopath and psychopath. :toetap:

I am hoping that Robin walks in during Purina wedding ceremony :popcorn:
Edited by natdot99, Oct 26 2013, 11:56 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Sperm can be sorted, and embryos can be genetically sexed before implantation, although it's risky.

six
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Oct 22 2013, 07:42 AM
As much as I am loving GH right now, I wish the Corinthos family drama were written differently. There's an important beat they are missing here and that is, as of now, Michael is being shown as the golden child with Morgan the misfit. BUT, we clearly saw when Michael came out of the coma how out of place he felt in the Jax family. How he felt like he didn't belong anymore as Carly, Morgan and Jax had moved on without him with a new baby on the way. I so wish we could have this acknowledged, with Michael saying to someone something along the lines of "I know how Morgan feels because I was where he is when I woke up."
That would be nice, but I'd be surprised to hear Michael make that comparison, because he doesn't seem to have enough empathy for Morgan to consider the family dynamic from Morgan's point of view.

natdot99
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Oct 26 2013, 12:51 PM
Sperm can be sorted, and embryos can be genetically sexed before implantation, although it's risky.

I really hate these WTD or WTM storylines on soaps because they drag on for months. I really hope Ben is Britt since she was willing to risk her life to save him from her sociopathic father, Faison.
When he mentioned he killed Jason, he didn't even bat an eye and looked happy that he murdered him.

The other issue is why would Britt need Lulu/Dante embryos when she only needed a sperm donor to create her own embryos :shrug:

six
Member Avatar

Maybe she didn't want to risk having a baby who had Obrecht and Faison's genes. I don't think GH would bring in blond babies to play the child of Britt and Brad.

natdot99
Member Avatar

six
Oct 26 2013, 02:05 PM
Maybe she didn't want to risk having a baby who had Obrecht and Faison's genes. I don't think GH would bring in blond babies to play the child of Britt and Brad.

They used a blonde baby for Spencer Cassadine and now he has dark hair. Maybe Fasion had blonde hair when he was younger. :shrug:

Britt knows her parent wanted a boy, so she doing everything she can to protect Ben from fulfilling their fantasy of a perfect family. Britt had given them what they wanted, and both Dr. O and Faison would have no problem of killing Britt to have their perfect family.
Faison wanted to bring Robin back to Anna in order to have her fall in love with him, and Dr. O brought Ben to Faison has a means of having the child they should have wanted to raise. Both are a narcisstic sociopath with a hero complex. Both will kill anyone that gets in their way, for example Faison killing Jason and Dr.O trying to kill Anna.
A viewer could tell by her parents actions, that Britt was hated by both her parents.

six
Member Avatar

Spencer's mother had blonde hair.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'm loving GH these days! :hail: Most of the storylines have me on the edge of my seat!

-Sh!t just got real! Morgan is working with Derek. Now, Carly & Derek should get together.

-Dr. O & Faison are funny as hell arguing with each other in a foreign language. :laugh:

-Robin is on her way home!!!! :chee: Ready for the fallout :yahoo:

Edited by bellajewel, Oct 26 2013, 02:59 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Anyone know where to watch episodes online now outside of ABC and Hulu? They only go back to Tuesday. I used to watch older episodes on a Russian version of YT. Now all the videos there (all current soaps in US and not) uploaded by the person say not available from this country and the UK VPN I use gets the same message. I guess I might have to torrent the episodes I missed since I can't find them on YT due to closure of accounts faster then people can make them.

LPS
Member Avatar

Dr. O and Faison kind of creep me out. Like last week when Dr. O offered to "unclog" him. LMAO...

I like Julian, but can't stand Ava and especially her little sh*t, Kiki. How can Alex not remember sleeping with Julian?

LPS
Member Avatar

And Felix really needs to get his head out of Boreina's ass, ASAP! Holy sh*t. I'm surprised he can breath.

Speaking of Sabrina, I do look forward to Robin's return and watching the look on Sabrina's face as she is crushed. (sorry, but the character is a total bore).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply